• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Phuket beach club room assignment

sjnoble

Reaction score
Hello,

We got an email from PBC management about pre-arrival arrangements.
I read that most units at PBC have garden views, but I'm wondering whether it's still worth it to request for certain villas?
I looked at the resort map, and was confused, are the villas all together towards one side of the resort (if facing the ocean towards the right side?)
For North or South Wing buildings are those hotel rooms (they're listed as "guest room no. ### on the resort map)?
I'd like to stay closer to the kiddie pool and hopefully not too far from the beach.
Will rooms 4110 - 4116 be good choice?

If you have any villa suggestions, please let me know!
Thank you! sjnoble

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Actually, the villas are on both sides of the JW. We stayed on the South side, and were supposed to have an oceanview, but there are very few ocean view villas. There are lots more hotel ocean views, as the villas run sort of back from the beach, and the hotel runs more or less parallel to the beach. I don't remember where the children's play area was, but there is a very charming children's pool at the North end, so probably the playground is near that.

I will take a look at the map, and see where we your villa numbers are in relation to what I remember. We loved the resort...one of our favorites ever!

*******added, It appears that the villas on the South do not show on the online map. They would be curving along the left side of the map, similar to the villas on the right (North) side of the map.The map we received when there did show both sets of villas. I cannot read the numbers on the copy I have online, but the North side is definitely where the children's pool was.

Last edited:

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Hello. We own here and have been here many times. All of the buildings are set back from the beach. The resort is in a park with active turtle egg-laying. So lighting needs to be minimal at night so as not to confuse the mommy turtles.

There are villas on BOTH sides of the resort. As you look at a map, put the sea at the top and the road at the bottom. The middle "compound" is the hotel, restaurants etc. The two relatively identical complexes on the left and right of the middle compound are the villas. The units are identical on both side. Except, the units on your left are a few years newer-phase two. We prefer that side because we like that pool a bit better and the Blue Bar.

We also prefer the top floor. The gardens are REALLY lush and difficult to see through on lower floors. The bottom floor has sundecks in lieu of a balcony.

If you want to be nearer the kiddie pool, you want Phase I. I have found them to be VERY helpful in placing you nearest where you want. Last June, we had three units. One owned and two exchanged. They gave use top floor in one entire building. Very convenient. I wouldn't worry about suggesting specific room numbers. Tell them what you want: Near kiddie pool, as close to beach as possible etc. I am sure you won't be disappointed unless tons of owners request the same. ENJOY YOUR TRIP. You are in for quite a treat.

I ALWAYS suggest doing the in room BBQ. There will be a menu in your room, but it requires reservations. You select the items you want by course. In the afternoon, the park a propane grill on your balcony or deck. At your requested time, two chefs come and prepare your meal. The interaction with them is wonderful. The food is great and always leftovers. It is on par with restaurant meals on property--cost wise--and a fabulous experience.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

We got an email from PBC management about pre-arrival arrangements.
I read that most units at PBC have garden views, but I'm wondering whether it's still worth it to request for certain villas?
I looked at the resort map, and was confused, are the villas all together towards one side of the resort (if facing the ocean towards the right side?)
For North or South Wing buildings are those hotel rooms (they're listed as "guest room no. ### on the resort map)?
I'd like to stay closer to the kiddie pool and hopefully not too far from the beach.
Will rooms 4110 - 4116 be good choice?

If you have any villa suggestions, please let me know!
Thank you! sjnoble

Just a short note on the PBC villa numbering system

There are 3 phases and villas have a 4 digit number as follows.

First digit - 1,2 or 3 - denoting phase

Second digit - block number in each phase Phase 1 has 5 blocks. Phase 2 has 3 block and phase 4 has 4 blocks. Each block has 4 floors with 3 units on each floor.

Third digit- floor number 1- 4

fourth digit - unit number 1-3

So if you want a unit on the top floor near to the beach in Phase 1 you should be asking for 1141, 1142 or 1143.

There are no units at PBC that have a number that starts with a 4. The middle unit on each floor has a slightly larger balcony.

We prefer the ground floor units because they have a larger terrace area with additional garden furniture. On the top floor - especially in Phase 1 you will be at tree top level. The gardens are full of lush tropical trees and bushes and are extremely well maintained - staff are working on the gardens every day.

The JW Marriott has 3 digit room numbers.

When you arrive you will check in at the JW Marriott before being taken to your villa.

You will love it !!!!

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Even in the later phases the trees have now grown so much that the top floor villas are at tree top level and very few have a clear ocean view.
This is rather a shame, but the GM here has indicated that there may be a pruning programme to reduce the level
However, as the other owners have said your are unlikely to be disappointed wherever you stay here.
The gardens are spectacular and nowhere is more than a short walk down to the ocean anyway.
And just to give another idea of the paradise this place is, we walked along the deserted beach on the waters edge over the weekend for about 15 minutes following a leatherback turtle swimming in the shallows.
(we have seen them at night before in the Caribbean, but this was 10am!)
We have already booked our return trip for next year.