• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Search first

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I don't spend much time on the Wyndham sight but I was checking my points for next year and noticed a link to RCI.

The RCI linked account was different than what I see when I log in to RCI directly. The linked account let me search for resorts and gave me points needed even though I had not deposited any in RCI.

Is this a search first feature with wyndham points ?
How long has this been working ?

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
working almost a year now. 28k deposits, etc are a thing of the past

if you are not a VIP level, you will not be able to "hold" what you can see unless you have depostied the required number of points into RCI. at the VIP levels, you can RCI "book" and transfer in one swoop. I suggest reviewing the Wyndham user guide for more info.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
what the overall opinion about this ?
Good or bad ?
Anyone getting good trades using Wyndham.
It probably take a lot more points. Can you see everything in RCI or do they have filters in place

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
what the overall opinion about this ?
Good or bad ?
Anyone getting good trades using Wyndham.
It probably take a lot more points. Can you see everything in RCI or do they have filters in place

Everything takes more points. See the new points grid in the Members Directory at Wyndham's site. However, since the points cost is so much higher, the trading power barrier has been removed. Now, if it is there, you can book it with the number of points required by the chart based on unit size and season.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Everything takes more points. See the new points grid in the Members Directory at Wyndham's site. However, since the points cost is so much higher, the trading power barrier has been removed. Now, if it is there, you can book it with the number of points required by the chart based on unit size and season.

wow I used to snag 2 bedroom gold crowns with 70K deposit. Now it takes 109-224 k.

But I am sure I can find a way to use this system

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
the major complaint of "i cant get what I want" is now resolved - we can get anything that is available......DVC, Manhatten Club, etc.......for a price

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the major complaint of "i cant get what I want" is now resolved - we can get anything that is available......DVC, Manhatten Club, etc.......for a price

Looks like a good value for a 1 bedroom Manhatten club

cbn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is ARP that beneficial?

I am new. Isn't it safer to always use the credit pool even if you lose ARP?
If your points start for example on Jan 1, 2013 and you want to reserve for a unit in Jan. 2014 can you put in your reservations using ARP in Dec. 2012 (in other words can you reserve for a vacation ahead of when you get your allotment for a vacation outside your year safely without using the credit pool and 10month window.) What is best anniversary date for someone that wants to use ARP to travel in January. (I am buying resale points and want to figure out the importance of anniversary dates.

Last edited:

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am new. Isn't it safer to always use the credit pool even if you lose ARP?
If your points start for example on Jan 1, 2013 and you want to reserve for a unit in Jan. 2014 can you put in your reservations using ARP in Dec. 2012 (in other words can you reserve for a vacation ahead of when you get your allotment for a vacation outside your year safely without using the credit pool and 10month window.) What is best anniversary date for someone that wants to use ARP to travel in January. (I am buying resale points and want to figure out the importance of anniversary dates.

I will try to answer your questions. ARP is important for some specific locations at specific times. If you need your ARP to make any such reservations, you will not be able to do so if your points have been credit pooled. You will have to wait until 10 months out for reservations using credit pooled points.

You can make an ARP reservation 13 months in advance. You do not have to wait until tue use year begins to make a reservation for that use year's points. For example, if you want to make a 10 month out reservation in August for the following June, you can do so. You don't have to wait until a Jan 1 anniversary date. These advance reservations are of course subject to your account remaining in good standing. If you were to fail to make the payments on your loan or maintenance fees, the reservations would be subject to cancellation.