• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Way to do this??

tlguinn_2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have three timeshares at one resort. Two are 50K RCI points and one is 66K RCI points. The resort is dual exchange company, i.e. it has both RCI and II. Would it be a good idea to put one of them with II? How do you do that? I would like to have something that I could trade into Marriott which I assume I could with II. Is there another way to get Marriott using the ones that I have now or some other way? MF are low.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You can trade into Marriott through II, but since Marriott owners get first priority for all Marriott deposits, you would be better off if you had a Marriott trader.

What resort do you want to deposit in II? Where do you want to trade in? II assigns trade value to deposits and not all resorts have the trading value for Marriott.

To deposit a week that's in RCI points with II, you have to take it out of RCI points, then you open up a II account and deposit it.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the unit size? 2BR, 1BR or studio?
And the season? peak or shoulder season?
If you expect to trade into Marriott in Hawaii, you will be disappointed.
If you are ok for shoulder season (non peak season), and non-Hawaiian resorts, you can try.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
...since Marriott owners get first priority for all Marriott deposits, you would be better off if you had a Marriott trader.

I agree, if you want to get into Marriott, you should get a Marriott trader.

Check-out ebay. If you stay on the mainland and travel in the off seasons there are really good buys. They are giving silvers away and paying your closing costs. You can pick-up a gold for closing costs. If you get an EOY, you can spread your MF's out over 2 years.

As stated, Marriott is II not RCI.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Biennial Timeshare -- Use It In Alternate Years, Pay 1/2 The Fees Every Year.

What does that mean? How do you spread your MF's over 2 years?
Biennial timeshares (alternate-year ownership, EEY or EOY) typically charge half the maintenance fee amount every year -- an estimated amount for the off-years & the rest (enough to make up the exact amount) for the use years.

Not all timeshares handle billing the same. Some bill the full amount for the use years & nothing for the off years, which is mox nix because it works out the same.

Ditto triennial timeshares.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Biennial timeshares (alternate-year ownership, EEY or EOY) typically charge half the maintenance fee amount every year -- an estimated amount for the off-years & the rest (enough to make up the exact amount) for the use years.

Not all timeshares handle billing the same. Some bill the full amount for the use years & nothing for the off years, which is mox nix because it works out the same.

Ditto triennial timeshares.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Thank you for explaining that, you are correct.

For a Marriott EOY, they collect from you 1/2 the MF each year (ie if an annual MF was $1,000, then Marriott would collect $500 from you each year for an EOY).

Every TS company is different. I believe a Grandview EOY would collect the MF EOY and their triennial would be full MF every third year (no proration).

I have annuals, so can't speak from experience, but I do own Marriott & Grandview.

Last edited: