• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Download a new Web Browser? Should I Uninstall Internet Explorer?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Internet Explorer seems to be giving me fits (especially the last couple of months).

I had posted a question a while back----but it is getting much worse!!

1) It takes a looonnggg time to open the home page
2) AVG claims it detects that IE is taking up a lot of USAGE.
3) I can only seem to remedy some of the problems by unplugging then plugging back in a cord on the router (not sure if THAT makes any sense---but it has worked!!)

Should I try another Web Browser?

If 'yes' do I need to uninstall Internet Explorer----or can I just leave it there and not use it?

By the way, my questions might make me seem like I know what I'm talking about---but I really don't---so if answers can be 'simple'----I'd apprecaite it. :confused:

Many thanks,
Pat

Last edited:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I've been using Google Chrome and it works nicely with RCI and is actually working much much better than IE with the "enhancement".
You wouldn't have to delete IE to add google chrome just don't open it.

I use them both (one window with GC and one with IE) if I want to have my weeks and points accounts open at the same time otherwise I can't have them both open. :crash:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use Google Chrome...and no need to uninstall internet explorer, in fact I wouldnt even think about it. Microsoft has so integrated internet explorer with the operating system that if you try to uninstall it, you may screw up everything

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please hold my hand thru this.......:)

How would I transfer the approximately 150 'Favorites' web sites from IE
over to Google Chrome??

Pat

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Please hold my hand thru this.......:)

How would I transfer the approximately 150 'Favorites' web sites from IE
over to Google Chrome??

Pat
In IE, go to File->Import and export
Choose the options to export your favorites to a file (it will have a file extension of .htm)

Then in Chrome you can import that file. It will keep any folder organization of your favorites in tact.

Kurt

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Chrome or Firefox - both based on the Mozilla base - will work much better and securely for you. But DO NOT uninstall Internet Explorer - even though you hopefully won't use it to browse anymore (thank heavens!).

The reason to leave it is for updates. They come down much better with IE & you hav to take them now days. But otherwise leave IE closed & you'll be fine. Enjoy Internet again with Chrome or Firefox. And remember if you use an email client (such as, shudder, the now abandoned Outlook Express) you'll also want to switch to Thunderird or another, non-MS mail client. Same issues. Much better security, fewer compatibility problems and its free.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Importing favorites is very easy. click on the wrench in Chrome, then highlight Bookmarks and click 'Import Bookmarks and Setting'. In the resulting window, make sure to select 'From: Internet Explorer' and check Favorites/Bookmarks.

geekette

Reaction score
...and no need to uninstall internet explorer, in fact I wouldnt even think about it. Microsoft has so integrated internet explorer with the operating system that if you try to uninstall it, you may screw up everything

exactly my thoughts.