• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Myvacationclub.com is down ?

DCBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to connect to the site from two separate computers for several days now using Internet Explorer. Don't think that any changes were made to my computers. However, I discovered that I am able to connect to the site and navigate the site using Google Crome.

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to connect to the site from two separate computers for several days now using Internet Explorer. Don't think that any changes were made to my computers. However, I discovered that I am able to connect to the site and navigate the site using Google Crome.

Downloaded Google Crome...have access to site.......thank you. It has to be a problem with the new version of IE9.

bob

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
I use IE8 and have not been able to get on for over a week. Does Marriott really care?!?:shrug:

davidn247

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use IE8 and have not been able to get on for over a week. Does Marriott really care?!?:shrug:

Safari works quite well.... except on my iPad.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Safari works quite well.... except on my iPad.

For users of IE8 and IE9 - I have found that you need to make a change to your IE options to get My-Vacationclub.com to work,

Changes as follows:

Tools
Internet connections
Advanced
Tick the TLS 1.2 box

This is Microsoft's Transport Layer Security.

It seems to me that about 10 days ago MVCI made some sort of change to the site that affected some or all IE users. I was using IE8 at that time and had to make the above change - since then I moved to IE9 and the TLS 1.2 is still required.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
For users of IE8 and IE9 - I have found that you need to make a change to your IE options to get My-Vacationclub.com to work,

Changes as follows:

Tools
Internet connections
Advanced
Tick the TLS 1.2 box

It seems to me that about 10 days ago MVCI made some sort of change to the site that affected some or all IE users. I was using IE8 at that time and had to make the above change - since then I moved to IE9 and the TLS 1.2 is still required.

I made the above change and I still can't log in. Using IE8. BTW mine showed TLS 1.0.

Oh well, I have everything booked for next year so really don't need to get on their website for anything important.

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made the above change and I still can't log in. Using IE8. BTW mine showed TLS 1.0.

Oh well, I have everything booked for next year so really don't need to get on their website for anything important.

Made the same change as above no luck. I did a little searching last night and found I can navigate through pages if I can open up a site. There is a "compatibility button" in the address bar on IE9 on the right side should be three in (next to refresh button) looks like a page torn in half. If this button appears on the site address you can click on it and it automatically will search for a compatible browser IE setting. Click it once and you will not have to do it again when you go on the site. Allows you to go through all the sites pages that were otherwise inaccessible. Since you can not open the home page of MVCI the compatibility button does not appear and you will continue to get the error mesg. I will be working on that at some point today and maybe IE will get that TLS 1.2 update and it will solve the problem.

mlfrancis

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
make the change, it works

I've been having difficulty for over a week now ... just saw this thread ... make the change that is recommended for "TLS 1.2" ... be sure to hit "apply", then save.....it works.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1

Changes as follows:

Tools
Internet connections
Advanced
Tick the TLS 1.2 box

I have no problems accessing my-vacationclub.com using Internet Explorer 9 (TLS 1.2 box not checked).

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score

Try upgrading to IE9 which is now available for free download from Microsoft and then try again TLS 1.2 or TLS 1.0 should work.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no problems accessing my-vacationclub.com using Internet Explorer 9 (TLS 1.2 box not checked).

I just unchecked the TLS 1.2 box and then tried My-Vacationclub.com - and it fails. Still using IE9. Rechecked the box and it works.

LUV2TRVL2HI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still Can't Access MVCI

I just upgraded to IE9, made sure the TLS1.0 block was checked (I still don't show TLS1.2 on the upgrade), and still can't access my-vacationclub.com. Really frustrated!

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded to IE9, made sure the TLS1.0 block was checked (I still don't show TLS1.2 on the upgrade), and still can't access my-vacationclub.com. Really frustrated!

Try some of the more usual things - clear the cache, delete temp files etc. Failing that try downloading FIREFOX and see if you can get that to work.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try some of the more usual things - clear the cache, delete temp files etc. Failing that try downloading FIREFOX and see if you can get that to work.

This is getting really strange - I just tried FIREFOX and that does not work.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Hmmm, I've been checking every day and don't seem to be having the same problems as you all. FWIW, I can get in and am able to click through most everything - including the "Check Availability" button with links to my Weeks - with Safari version 5.0.4. and Firefox / 3.6.13. (But with Safari the same old pop-up is there saying the "reservations and enrollment areas are not compatible with Safari or Google Chrome.")

DCBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm finally able to get back onto the Marriott website. This is what I did:

Changed the security settings as mentioned above (mine was listed as 1.0);

Hit Apply;

Restarted my computer;

Did a new search of the Marriott website from the browser;

Went to the website; and then

Used that link as a replacement on my favorites list.

Please Disregard - STILL NOT WORKING

Last edited:

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
IE 9 Compatibility Issues

If you are having problems with sites not loading via IE 9, it is a known problem. Here is what Microsoft recommends:

"Some websites may have been designed for earlier versions of Internet Explorer which may lead to these sites being incompatible with Internet Explorer 9. To help deal with this problem, Internet Explorer includes a Compatibility View button. Toggling the Compatibility View button causes the Internet Explorer to identify itself as if it were Internet Explorer 7, as well as render web pages mostly the same as IE7 would. The Compatibility View button is present in the IE9 address bar. Compatibility View still causes the browser to report itself and render web pages like IE7 would.

For additional information on compatibility view in Internet Explorer 9, visit the following link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/features/compatibility-view "

I don't know if it works; I don't have IE 9 loaded since I primarily use Firefox.

BTW, I have had no problems with the MVCI site the past week using either IE 8 or Firefox 3.6.16 to access it. I just confirmed that 10 minutes ago when started reading this topic.

Art

Last edited:

Mahou

Reaction score
works fine

I have IE9 and could not access the site either.

I followed Mac9990´s advice and bingo, it works fine

I did click all of the TLS options

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score

I unchecked the TLS 1.2 box and the site is immediately NOT accessible. The following information is then available under "More Information"

•Internet connectivity has been lost.
•The website is temporarily unavailable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

Now My-Vacationclub.com IS a secure site since it is where owners log in. So this is why I check the TLS 1.2 box as recommended above.

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

To keep up with everyone and see what all the excitement is about, I downloaded IE 9 and installed it on my computer which is running 64 bit Windows 7 Professional.

All my favorites and stuff transferred over, so I just clicked on my MVCI bookmark which goes to the log-in page. I signed on with no problem and wandered around the site and ran into no glitches. I never even looked at the TLS settings until about a minute ago. Only TLS 1.0 is checked on my computer.

Further reading says that while IE 9 does not support Windows XP, it does support Windows Vista. Something to look forward to in the future, IE 10 will not support Windows Vista.

Art

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well it is obvious that My-Vacationclub.com is not down but something weird is going on for some owners who try to login. It started happening to me on IE8 and I tried to use Firefox - neither worked. I was able to get IE8 to work by checking TLS1.2 box but I still cannot get Firefox to load the site.

Since then I have installed IE9 and the TLS 1.2 box needs to be checked to get the site to work.

So I am OK but I am still mystified as to what caused the problem and why it works for some without the TLS box being checked and why some can get Firefox to work and I cannot get it to work.

TF865

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you TUG friends - I had not been able to log in, but using some of the suggestions you all have made, I am now up and running again. I can honestly say I am not sure what I did because I am not that computer saavy but I screwed around with it enough to get it to work - so thanks!!:)

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK this took me a while to figure out but I have found the solution for IE9 USA. There is NO TLS 1.2 stateside. If you are having problems with IE9 take the following steps:

Tools
Internet connections
Advanced
Tick the TLS 1.0 box
Tick the Use SSL 3.0
UNTICK (leave blank box) Use SSL 2.0

Remember you "compatibility button" in the address bar I clicked on it once I accessed the MVCI site but I probably did not have too.

bob

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What worked for me (in the last week or two I have been having difficulty with a number of sites including Marriott) is to go to Tools and click on "Compatibility View Settings" and add the main website, then refresh.