• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DRI Newbie- Sedona

roll30

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another Newbie here looking for direction(s).

My wife and I went to Sedona and attended a sales presentation at the DRI Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort. We have a contract for the US Collection, 6000points, The Club membership etc. Cost is Approx $20K. We like the concept as it seems a good fit for us and the company seems okay and (maybe) getting better. I cannot find any comps on ebay or elsewhere to help me evaluate the deal. We have some time to rescind.

Thoughts. (Be gentle.)

Gracias
Bob

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind. You can buy resale into Sedona for a buck on eBay and any number of other places. Rescind that one for now and study timeshareing here. If it turns out to be the exact TS you want at the price you want to pay after learning some, you can still buy a developer week.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim Ricks

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are five Sedona timeshares on sale on ebay right now. They range in price from $49.94 to $1. Get your $20,000 (twenty THOUSAND!) back immediately!

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind. You can buy resale into Sedona for a buck on eBay and any number of other places. Rescind that one for now and study timeshareing here. If it turns out to be the exact TS you want at the price you want to pay after learning some, you can still buy a developer week.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim Ricks

I agree wholeheartedly with Jim. Rescind! You will never regret it if you do and may well regret it if you don't.

With some research you will find the right timeshare (probably resale) for you.

Welcome to TUG

Susan F.

nonrevking

Reaction score
Rescind

We purchased at DRI property on E-Bay for $500...it's currently in ROFR awaiting a response. Defintely RESCIND your offer and purchase resale on E-Bay, etc.

Good luck!

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, the responses you received were about as gentle as can be. You need to rescind (have we repeated that enough?) - you only have a few days. Then you need to read some of the many discussions and articles on Buying a Timeshare. As a member of DRI, I can tell you they are making significant improvements but at a cost (MF). You need to look at some other exchange systems. What do you want from your timeshare? Do you want to go to Sedona? Then buy a Sedona timeshare ON THE RESALE that has the week you want. We used this strategy: we bought RESALE several DRI managed properties (Villas of Sedona, Sedona Golf Resort, Scottsdale Villa Mirage, etc) and used them and joined RCI to exchange to other places. Got fed up with RCI, went to the Sedona Summit TS presentation (say it isn't so!!) and wound up buying a very small number of points in their US Collection for less than $3K and they agreed to add in our other resorts which gave us a healthy number of points. There are several different approaches but, spending $20K will not provide any value. Welcome to TUG and Good Luck!:wave: Please feel free to PM (click on my user name) if you have more questions.

roll30

TUG Member
Reaction score
The rescission has been faxed and mailed

Thank you all for your advice.

My wife and I rescinded this afternoon via certified mail and fax. Now we need to sort out what to do next. We have become excited about timeshares as being the right way to go for us. The Sedona area seemed like a good fit and the points notion too. We live in Seattle so now we need to see if there are any decent places in the Pacific Northwest as well.

Your continued input and good thoughts are appreciated...and we do try to listen.

Be well everyone!
Bob

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bob, you mentioned golf. You might consider Eagle Crest at Redmond OR. They are all around a golf course. Really nice units, fairly easy driving distance, multi-affiliated, I think. I am not an owner there, but have exchanged in. Much drier than Seattle :)

Another good choice for NorthWesterners is Worldmark. It's associated with Wyndham and they are nice properties, many in the NW.

Yet another choice is VacationInternationale. http://www.viresorts.com/ I own one of these at Sedona- there are 3. This is a very well managed mini-system.

These can be bought resale.

Glad you were able to rescind. Study some and Welcome to TUG! We are just a bunch of mostly happy vacation addicts.

Jim Ricks

Last edited:

roll30

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim-

I really appreciate you weighing in. Those seem like good suggestions. We are not familiar with Worldmark at this point but will certianly look into it. I used to golf regularly. In recent times we flyfish...and Redmond, OR is near the Deschutes River as I recall. Sweet!

Thanks again!
Bob

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bob, the Deschutes flows walking distance from Eagle Crest- down a steep grade- but it's that close.

I understand wading a trout stream- Silver Creek is under an hour from here and many other streams are closer. I'm in process of closing on a TS on the Henry's Fork. My DW snagged me with a stream through her ranch- where 250,000 trout were raised. Yup, I've tossed a fly.

Jim

roll30

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are way better than we are no doubt. Hmmm..the Henry's Fork. Congrats on that sir! Fishing there is good as it gets as I hear it. I worked for a flyfishing oriented retailer for several years and the owners/ board members fished there annually. Don't know any details though.