• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Rewards level dropped

inishbofin

TUG Member
Reaction score
At 12/31. They dropped my Platinum to Blue level??? For VIP bronze you are supposed to be platinum. It should not drop down. Did this happen to others?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that you have to manually re-enroll for the benefit each year? (I don't care about the Wyndham hotel side, because I don't like most of their brands, so this is just a guess.)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
it is claiming my wyndham club member number is inactive. anyone else getting that?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thanks. That worked. Crazy sytem, I guess I have to do it each year
I've never had to renew it annually - but who knows - perhaps that's something that we may have to do moving forward, wouldn't shock me.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well apparently my Wyndham Rewards had gone inactive. So those account locked up, even thought I could log into it just fine. You think it would show that you were inactive somewhere.

I got my status back but only Platinum and NOT Diamond, and I got a 1 time reinstatement of points that were lost. Now I just have to figure out what to do to keep some activitiy. I guess I could always get the credit card again. It is worth it, or am I better off earning Chase UR points instead?

Last edited:

jeff123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito Points
Montecristo
Villa del Arco (UVCI)
Club Wyndham
Well apparently my Wyndham Rewards had gone inactive. So those account locked up, even thought I could log into it just fine. You think it would show that you were inactive somewhere.

I got my status back but only Platinum and NOT Diamond, and I got a 1 time reinstatement of points that were lost. Now I just have to figure out what to do to keep some activitiy. I guess I could always get the credit card again. It is worth it, or am I better off earning Chase UR points instead?
You could get the Wyndham Rewards card and just use it for a small purchase every 6 months or so. This will add points to your Wyndham Rewards account and keep it active and you could use another card like Chase UR for everything else for the better rewards.

DrGavin

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Margaritaville St. Thomas, ClubWyndham Long Wharf
At 12/31. They dropped my Platinum to Blue level??? For VIP bronze you are supposed to be platinum. It should not drop down. Did this happen to others?

Happened to me as well. I checked into a La Quinta las week, and they didn't show my Diamond status in the system. Thanks to @HitchHiker71 for the link. Apparently, you do have to claim your status each year.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Interesting. I just noticed the same thing today on my WR account. Dropped down from Diamond to Platinum and my link from my Wyndham account now indicates I only have entitlement to GOLD WR status as a VIPG owner - this is definitely a step down with regard to the status match as it has always been Diamond WR status since 2018 when we became owners. Could just be a fluke with the website, I will post again if this is the case.

EDIT/UPDATE: Nevermind - was just using the "default" status match link and not the special link I actually already posted into this thread above. I'm back up to Diamond WR level now. It would have been nice if the WR program had sent some kind of email notification or an app notification that this level dropped though - as I actually have processed several WR points bookings for a few family members since late last week and IDK when exactly I dropped down from Diamond to Platinum level. I don't recall seeing the Platinum vs Diamond when performing the bookings - but honestly I was on my phone and it's not entirely apparent what your level is unless you're paying attention and looking for it on the "My Account" tab which I typically don't use much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They must have had something wrong last week and they fixed it. I followed the link again, and last week it would only give me Platinum at Wyndham Rewards, but this week is gave me the correct Diamond.

Thanks for reposting that it is finally working.

arochon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Club Wyndham National Harbor

Interesting. I just noticed the same thing today on my WR account. Dropped down from Diamond to Platinum and my link from my Wyndham account now indicates I only have entitlement to GOLD WR status as a VIPG owner - this is definitely a step down with regard to the status match as it has always been Diamond WR status since 2018 when we became owners. Could just be a fluke with the website, I will post again if this is the case.

EDIT/UPDATE: Nevermind - was just using the "default" status match link and not the special link I actually already posted into this thread above. I'm back up to Diamond WR level now. It would have been nice if the WR program had sent some kind of email notification or an app notification that this level dropped though - as I actually have processed several WR points bookings for a few family members since late last week and IDK when exactly I dropped down from Diamond to Platinum level. I don't recall seeing the Platinum vs Diamond when performing the bookings - but honestly I was on my phone and it's not entirely apparent what your level is unless you're paying attention and looking for it on the "My Account" tab which I typically don't use much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad I checked this. I was only at Platinum as well. I just clicked on the link to change back to Diamond WR status.