• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

UVC Loyalty Conversion Program

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
Got an email from UVC offering a "Loyalty Conversion Program." It's an exclusive program that allows long-time Gold members to convert their existing membership to Villa Preferred Access Club membership at no cost to them. The original contract end date would stay the same. I asked them to contact me to see how many points they'll offer me. It's an interesting idea.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @EJC
Let us know what you gain if you did the conversion.
I also wonder what they gain ?

My guess is it allows them more flexibility with the underlying registered week in the gold contract,
Vidanta has been working this angle for quite a few years - as it functionally allows them to sell more new higher brand contracts.

jeff123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito Points
Montecristo
Villa del Arco (UVCI)
Club Wyndham
There is a posting on Redweek for a Villa del Arco contract where the broker states that Gold no longer transfers as Gold and will become Villa Preferred Access points. There is also a posting on Facebook where someone brings up the same issue so I'm curious where this all ends up.

jeff123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito Points
Montecristo
Villa del Arco (UVCI)
Club Wyndham
@EJC

You will want to ask them what your maintenance fees will be. I believe that maintenance on points is higher than weeks contracts.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Other than what number of points they’ll allow for my contract, my next question I have is if I can accelerate the contract once it’s converted. I can’t accelerate my present Gold contract. I haven’t heard from them today.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Other than what number of points they’ll allow for my contract, my next question I have is if I can accelerate the contract once it’s converted. I can’t accelerate my present Gold contract. I haven’t heard from them today.

Acceleration was the reason I kept Premiere memberships. I didn't want to own these forever. I have maybe 4 years left on three memberships. I thought we might make it to the opening of the new PV resort but there is no forward banking. The membership ends on the ending date of the contract.

Bill

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acceleration was the reason I kept Premiere memberships. I didn't want to own these forever. I have maybe 4 years left on three memberships. I thought we might make it to the opening of the new PV resort but there is no forward banking. The membership ends on the ending date of the contract.

Bill
I wasn't aware you could accelerate Premiere memberships. I wonder if Gold could be accelerated. I did talk to an agent/rep today. My Gold Holiday studio would convert to 1550 points, which is what a holiday studio at Flamingos costs. The rep is going to check to see if my conversion could be written up as a senior contract with acceleration. She said these would be brand new contracts.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wasn't aware you could accelerate Premiere memberships. I wonder if Gold could be accelerated. I did talk to an agent/rep today. My Gold Holiday studio would convert to 1550 points, which is what a holiday studio at Flamingos costs. The rep is going to check to see if my conversion could be written up as a senior contract with acceleration. She said these would be brand new contracts.

Gold memberships are allowed to bank five years. So you could pay five mf's and use those five weeks. I had a few banked and thought this would extend my expiration date but I was told that I had to use these weeks by the time the accounts expire. Premiere can bank three weeks for a cost of $70 a week. Gold week banking is free.

UVCI is doing what they can to keep their members. When they renegotiate a contract it's done through resortcom is what someone on facebook said. They are also offering the "golden ticket" which is a renegotiation of large points accounts to a smaller package so the loan and mf is less. The only downside is these contracts are no longer Mexican debt.

Maybe they can switch your holiday gold studio to 2200 points so you can get a one bed at Flamingos out of the deal.

Bill

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill--What do you mean by "switch" my Gold Holiday studio to 2200 points? Are you thinking they'd upgrade the 1550 points to 2200 points for no charge? Why would they do that?

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a posting on Redweek for a Villa del Arco contract where the broker states that Gold no longer transfers as Gold and will become Villa Preferred Access points. There is also a posting on Facebook where someone brings up the same issue so I'm curious where this all ends up.
I wonder if when these Gold resale contracts transfer as points, will they lose some benefits like they did when you purchased many of the contracts that were originally points. For example, with some resale point contracts, you could only reserve holiday weeks 60 days out. If that's the case, that's going to really lessen the value of Gold resale weeks.

jeff123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito Points
Montecristo
Villa del Arco (UVCI)
Club Wyndham
I wonder if when these Gold resale contracts transfer as points, will they lose some benefits like they did when you purchased many of the contracts that were originally points. For example, with some resale point contracts, you could only reserve holiday weeks 60 days out. If that's the case, that's going to really lessen the value of Gold resale weeks.
I've wondered about that as well. I have looked from time to time on adding another Gold winter week but reading that Gold now transfers as VPA has made me hold back on doing any serious inquiries until I hear what I would end up with.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill--What do you mean by "switch" my Gold Holiday studio to 2200 points? Are you thinking they'd upgrade the 1550 points to 2200 points for no charge? Why would they do that?

They are offering 1550 Holiday points which should be worth more to them than the 2200 it takes for a winter reservation is what I think. Especially since they are building a new resort in Puerto Vallarta. Asking doesn't cost anything.

Then again, it might be worth taking the 1550 Holiday Points if you plan on renting Holiday weeks.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've wondered about that as well. I have looked from time to time on adding another Gold winter week but reading that Gold now transfers as VPA has made me hold back on doing any serious inquiries until I hear what I would end up with.

Where did you read this Jeff ? I'm on the fence with buying another membership for other reasons but the VPA transfer would probably decide it.

Bill

jeff123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito Points
Montecristo
Villa del Arco (UVCI)
Club Wyndham
Where did you read this Jeff ?

I first saw this on a Redweek posting. I've never worked with this broker but I've seen other postings from her for different resorts.

I then found this in the Villa Group/Tafer Resorts Facebook group:

I haven't found anything definitive yet but it does make me pause until I see more information. Especially after reading this post on them reaching out to some of the current Gold contract owners.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a 2200 point membership on eBay that says Gold somewhere on the listing. I suspect it is Gold that will transfer as points.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They emailed me a contract to Docusign today, but there is no mention of "Senior membership." The rules and regs say only Senior Memberships can accelerate, so I want some assurance in writing that I could accelerate. I would like the contract to specifically state "Senior Membership." One rep I talked to today said I'd need to sign the contract and become a point member and then deal with the Senior Membership aspect after I signed. I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist. Anyway, I'm not comfortable with that. They're supposed to call me back with more info. BTW, my dues would go from $750 up to $775. If my current membership was a Gold Winter studio (worth 1200 points), the dues would go from $750 down to $600.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are offering 1550 Holiday points which should be worth more to them than the 2200 it takes for a winter reservation is what I think. Especially since they are building a new resort in Puerto Vallarta. Asking doesn't cost anything.

Then again, it might be worth taking the 1550 Holiday Points if you plan on renting Holiday weeks.

Bill
I'm getting the impression points are points now. In the conversion info, they state there won't be any upgrade fees to a higher season or larger unit. You just have to have enough points to make the reservation. What bothers me is that anyone with enough points can book holidays. It used to be, with Premiere and Gold, your membership had to be a HOLIDAY membership to book a holiday way in advance without any upgrade fees. Now, anyone and their dog can book a holiday week as long as they have enough points.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm getting the impression points are points now. In the conversion info, they state there won't be any upgrade fees to a higher season or larger unit. You just have to have enough points to make the reservation. What bothers me is that anyone with enough points can book holidays. It used to be, with Premiere and Gold, your membership had to be a HOLIDAY membership to book a holiday way in advance without any upgrade fees. Now, anyone and their dog can book a holiday week as long as they have enough points.
Wow! I already got a response regarding my getting accelerated use. They're saying it has a cost and would involve upgrading my membership. They're suggesting I convert to points and then apply for accelerated use. I replied by asking what would it cost to get accelerated use. Seriously, I don't see why they wouldn't give me accelerated use. I'm OLD! Besides, I'm content enough with my Gold Holiday studio membership. The main reason for me to convert would be accelerated use.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I just looked at the regs and you are definitely right about points verus a Holiday Gold membership. It looks like anyone with points can book any Holiday with enough points. They would be required to reserve an entire week using their yearly allocation of points is about the only drawback if it isn't a large points account.

Bill

Section 1.63 Season or Seasons Means any of the following three seasons:

Winter Season: Weeks 1-17 and Weeks 44-50, inclusive.

Summer Season: Weeks 18-43, inclusive.

Holiday Season: Weeks 51-52, inclusive as determined by the Club. Holiday Season use with Club Points shall be for a stay of either 7 consecutive nights or 14 consecutive nights, with Check-In on either a Saturday or Sunday and must not involve Banked, Borrowed or Rented Club Points. Reservations made 60 days or less prior to Week 51 will not be subject to these restrictions.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gold memberships are allowed to bank five years. So you could pay five mf's and use those five weeks. I had a few banked and thought this would extend my expiration date but I was told that I had to use these weeks by the time the accounts expire. Premiere can bank three weeks for a cost of $70 a week. Gold week banking is free.

UVCI is doing what they can to keep their members. When they renegotiate a contract it's done through resortcom is what someone on facebook said. They are also offering the "golden ticket" which is a renegotiation of large points accounts to a smaller package so the loan and mf is less. The only downside is these contracts are no longer Mexican debt.

Maybe they can switch your holiday gold studio to 2200 points so you can get a one bed at Flamingos out of the deal.

Bill
Accelerated use comes off the END of your contract allowing you to exit your membership earlier than the original contract end date. That's what's of interest to me.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Accelerated use comes off the END of your contract allowing you to exit your membership earlier than the original contract end date. That's what's of interest to me.

That would be a good thing to have, imo. I hope you get it.

Bill