• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transferring RCI Points

kvp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to transfer RCI points (points for deposit) from a Shell Vacation Club account to another RCI points account (non SVC account)? The RCI points in the Shell account were deposited as points for deposit from a non-points RCI resort (from a RCI weeks resort).

It is difficult to access the RCI points held by Shell as the transaction has to be done through SVC. I have found points resorts available online with my other RCI points account; but by the time I get a chance to call SVC to use those RCI points on deposit, the resort or resorts are no longer available.

The RCI guide states on P11:

A Member may transfer his/her RCI Points to another Member for use in the transferees Member’s Use Year, provided that there is no compensation for the transfer.​

In this case, I would be the Member transferring from one RCI Points account (which SVC is holding) to another RCI Points account.

P11 also states:

In order to transfer RCI Points, the Network Administrator must have received a completed authorization, in the form established by the Network Administrator.​

How do I contact the Network Administrator?

Thank you,

Kathy

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kathy,

I was not even aware that actual RCI Points could be housed in Shell accounts! A transfer should be fine. Just send a signed, written request to us at RCI, 9998 N. Michigan Road, Carmel, IN 46032. Or, fax it to 317-805-9335.

Be sure to provide the account numbers for each account specify how many ponits you want to transfer.

kvp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Madge. I just sent the fax. I hope it gets to the right person. I have spoken with RCI twice today and Shell twice today. RCI tells me I have to phone Shell to transfer the points; and Shell tells me I have to call RCI! So, it appears it possible, but nobody seems to know the correct procedure. I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks again!

Kathy

kvp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Madge,

Well, I have had no response to the fax I sent more than a week ago. I also emailed RCI the request to transfer points using the Contact Us link at the RCI website and mailed the printed fax.

How isn't anybody responding to my fax? "Transfer RCI Points" is a section on the "Manage your RCI Points" web page on the "My Account" tab at the RCI Points website. If this is an advertised feature, why am I getting no response.

Please help!

Kathy

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kathy,

When you send an e-mail directly from our website, you do not have the opportunity to enter TUG in the subject line. It is harder for me to track those down.

Our Customer Service staff contacted me about this case to say that we needed to consult with Shell about the transfer. Please be assured that your request was received and that we are determining whether it can be processed as requested. Shell accounts and RCI Points accounts are two separate animals, and I do not know if we can transfer points between them.

If you will be patient, I am aware of this case and will keep my eye on it so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle between Shell and RCI.

kvp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, the last time I called Shell, the Shell VG checked and found out that this was something new that could be done. He told me I had to call RCI. RCI told me I have to call Shell.

BTW, the points are RCI Points for Deposit (from Grand Pacific Palisades), not Shell points that Shell deposited for me.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Kathy

kvp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge,

I got an email from RCI points stating:

According to the guidelines for the Shell Vacations Club, the transfer
you are requesting is not possible. If you have further questions,
please contact Shell directly at 1-877-SHELL10.

Thank you for your interest in RCI.

Kind regards,

Sara Connolly

Well, I called Shell and they said it could be done through RCI. Three different people told me this at Shell.

The points in both accounts are RCI Points for Deposit; so I don't see what the problem is. I feel this still is not resolved as both RCI and Shell said it was possible.

How do I get a copy of "the guidelines" stating that this is not allowed?

Thank you,

Kathy

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kathy,

I'm very sorry to hear of the conflicting information. Honestly, I am trying to get a definitive answer for you, so I'm working with staff in Shell directly. I'll follow up here as soon as I have an answer.

kvp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks, Madge. I hope a get good news from you soon. After all, the points in both accounts are Points for Deposit. I simply want to combine them to have enough points in one account to reserve a week online.

Thanks for your efforts!

Kathy

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
kvp,

You may already have received a response from the Communications Team on this issue, but I thought I would follow up here too.

If you direct your Points-for-Deposit points into a Shell account, it is possible to later move them out and either use the Week in the Weeks program or direct it to an RCI Points account instead. However, the 90-day advance deposit time would still apply for full value.

If some of the deposited points have already been used in the Shell account, the rest must be used there as well. We are not able to remove the remaining points in order to redirect them. From a reconciliation/operational standpoint, it would just not be feasible.

So, the answer to this one is yes...and no. Sorry for the delay.

kvp

TUG Member
Reaction score
kvp,

If some of the deposited points have already been used in the Shell account, the rest must be used there as well. We are not able to remove the remaining points in order to redirect them. From a reconciliation/operational standpoint, it would just not be feasible.

They did reply; but their answer was slightly different from yours. Since I have used some of the points, you're saying that the remaining points cannot be transferred? They didn’t tell me that.

Anyway, I responded that I didn’t think it was right the way Shell is taking my PFD and turning it into something else. It seems that somebody is too lazy to do a reconciliation of the points. RCI advertises at its Points website that we can transfer points from one points account to another points account. Wouldn’t there be some reconciliation involved with this as well?

Because I’m not able to transfer my PFD from Shell to my RCI Points account, I decided I would put my RCI weeks resort in RCI PFD. I tried depositing my 2008 GPP week into RCI points today; but GPP put the week in RCI Weeks by mistake. RCI Points is trying to get the week moved over to points. Never a dull moment!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Kathy

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kathy,

Shell accounts are not RCI Points accounts -- apples & oranges. In the future, just be aware that when you use some of the points from a Points-for-Deposit week, you're committed to using all of them in whichever account they were deposited. If you haven't used any, you can still have them backed out.