• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ron Jon Caribe Advice

annetteterry

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have an upcoming exchange to Ron Jon Cape Caribe in mid-October. RCI only confirms that you have a "2 Bedroom" and the unit is assigned later. Although we have kids who plan to use the pools, we'd actually prefer to be placed in the oceanfront building.

Neither RCI nor the resort can tell us where we will be. The resort suggested we arrive early (noon) and ask for oceanfront...no guarantees.

Does anyone have any idea how the room assignment process works and whether asking to be in the ocean front building is a long shot? Is the pool or oceanfront building higher demand at this resort? I am just trying to decide if it is even worth showing up at noon to make this request.

Any other tips or advice relating to this resort or the area would also be welcomed. We have passed thru Cocoa Beach a couple times but this is our first extended stay in the area.
Thank you in advance for you help!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The oceanfront units at this resort are true oceanfront villas. They are away from the main resort. I am going to called it section 2 or oceanfront building 2. Section I of this outstanding resort has everything: 2 pools,a lazy river, a basketball and tennis course, a great 9 hole putt-putt course, an indoor playing area for smaller kids, a movie theater, a game room, a surf shop,a Tiki Bar and a restaurant on site.

Because you have a long drive I would suggest you arrive early enough to look at the two sections of this resort.

Section 1 has cover parking.
Section 2 is a very short walk to all the main attractions at this resort.
Section 1 & 2 has shuttles service between the two buildings.
Also, Ron Jon does has its own web site.

Enjoy your week.

Last edited:

annetteterry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed description! This resort does sound great!

We will defnitely check out both buildings prior to making a final request. I know that we would be a distance away from the amenities if we chose oceanfront, however, we are from Minnesota so any time we can be on the ocean we are thrilled. I'd sooner shuttle to the pool but have the ocean out my front door.

Any further feedback on my initial questions will still be appreciated.

J9sling

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's possible that you may not have a difficult time getting an oceanfront unit because October is a slow time at the resort...it's just a guess, however. If you can't get an oceanfront unit then try for one on the top level of the poolside building (maybe you'll get a view of the ocean from there). Some people have also mentioned that they like the side where you can see the cruise ships.

If you do have a poolside unit you will still enjoy the views of the pool (if you are facing the pool, which most units are). At night everything is lit, quiet and very enjoyable to look out over. The oceanfront, on the other hand, will likely be pitch black at night.

Also, if you do get an oceanfront unit try to get one on the upper floors. I have heard that 1st and 2nd floors really don't have a view because there is so much natural vegetation separating the resort from the beach (a safety measure to protect the resort from surges during hurricanes). You do not walk right out your door and land on a sandy beach but must walk along a boardwalk and go down stairs to reach the beach.

You will love the resort. Enjoy your stay!

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
We stayed at this resort during Xmas last year. I thought that we wanted an oceanfront unit prior to our arrival. We actually called ahead and put in our request. Well, after we arrived and saw all of those amenities in the main building, we quickly changed our minds. There was so much to do and the ocean building would have been too much of a hustle back and forth via the tram or walking. My daughter really enjoyed getting up early and heading to the movie theater. The movies began about 9 AM. I was in the gym on some mornings with housekeeping at 6:30. It was great to only walk down the stairs or take the elevator.

You might change your mind once you arrive and checkout the place. Depending on the ages of your children, they will ask to be in the main building. By the way, there is excellent security at this facility. Now, this just happens to be my daughter's favorite resort. She could do so many activities without too much supervision from me.

Enjoy every minute of it!

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Report back

AnnetteTerry,

Please report back because we now are going the end of October. I'm seriously thinking the main building might be better since it contains the ammenities, but also love the ocean.

Thanks,
Nancy

annetteterry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I will be happy to report back. I think our kids will want to be by the pool area and amenities once they see it, but I still think I will be tempted to be oceanfront IF we could get a unit facing the ocean an on a higher floor so we had a good view. I think we will plan to arrive early so we can assess the situation and put in a special request...whatever that ends up being.

If anyone else has thoughts on building preference or advice on making building requests I will keep an eye open here for replies.

cclendinen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Type of 2Br determines building.

Ron Jon's has two types of 2br, a 2br sleeps 10 and a 2br sleeps 8.

The 2br sleeps 10 is a lockout and is only available in the building by the pool. The 2br sleeps 8 is available in both buildings.

annetteterry

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is good to know, because it looks like we have a 2 BR sleeps 8 which means we would be able to request either building.