• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions on sales document

patrickg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am about to buy a resale at Ko Olina from timesharing2000.com

They have sent me sales document that reference a specific week and a specific unit number. As it is a platinum floating week 1-50 I am confused? Why would it mention a specific week? Also why would it mention a specific unit, when my understanding is that I will end up staying in any unit there as long as it is oceanview (the type I am purchasing)

Any advice would be great

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Marriott floating week deeds, like deeds for most floating-week resorts, show that you own a specific piece of real estate. It's that specific-week, specific-unit designation that proves that you own a part of that resort.

However, at least for Marriott and specifically for Ko Olina, those designations are, as you hoped, purely for identification and legal ownership purposes. They have no other purpose. You have no right to occupy that particular unit nor do you have a right to stay there that week. When you call Marriott Owner Services to make a reservation, you'll reserve whatever week you want (if it's available), without regard to what your deed states.

patrickg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave-I was hoping that was the facts

I have purchased an odd EOY ownership, and will not be travelling to Hawaii in 2009 so will definitely need to exchange-likely to one of the Marriotts in Spain. What will be the process? As soon as my ownership is finalised, do I then reserve a week via Marriott then join II and give them the week, and ask for an exchange? Ideally I want to stay in Spain in June or July in 2009. Are these timings realistic to achieve this?

Thanks

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes, you have the process correct.

Reserve the very best 2009 Ko Olina week that you can. That means the week that you believe other exchangers will be willing to die for (almost). A school vacation week, a summer week, etc. Consider asking the current owner to reserve that week for you and then transfer it to you as part of the closing process.

Is an exchange to Spain next summer realistic? Yes, especially if you get your exchange request as soon as (1) Marriott recognizes you as an owner and (2) you join II and ask II to add your Ko Olina ownership to your account.