• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Outback Steakhouse has closed all its Hawaii Locations

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We had plans to go, but we can grill some steaks here at Hono Koa or at Westin Nanea, where our friends will be. So disappointing because Maui restaurants are so few right now.

I didn't see the Kihei restaurant location listed in the article.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Restaurants seem to always close abruptly, even if the decision was made weeks or months earlier. They don't want a run of people trying to use gift cards and staff will leave very quickly once they know a restaurant is closing. Thus it saves them from having to pay out retention bonuses. I am not saying it is right, but that is how these businesses tend to operate. Four Tijuana Flats locations closed in our area overnight. No notice there either.

Bloomin' Brands needs to do something quickly to right their ship. We recently went to Carrabba's, usually a good consistent meal, and it was terrible. The restaurant was nearly empty on what should have been a fairly busy Sunday afternoon. We haven't been to an Outback Steakhouse in a long time due to inconsistency and price. I'll spend a little more for a way better meal at Saltgrass Steakhouse.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It wasn't, but apparently it too is gone.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We had plans to go, but we can grill some steaks here at Hono Koa or at Westin Nanea, where our friends will be. So disappointing because Maui restaurants are so few right now.

Outback in Kihei has been gone for quite awhile. The article posted by dioxide45 was from last year. I don't know if anything has gone into that space.

Not a huge fan of Outback so personally I'm not sorry to see them go.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Outback in Kihei has been gone for quite awhile. The article posted by dioxide45 was from last year. I don't know if anything has gone into that space.

Not a huge fan of Outback so personally I'm not sorry to see them go.
I liked the Alice Springs Chicken. I still like it.

We went to the Outback in Orlando near Disney and it was practically empty at 4 PM, asked for a table for two and were told it would be a 40-minute wait. We went to Saltgrass down the street.

Yzfguy06

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Crane, Borgo alle Vigne x2
Restaurants seem to always close abruptly, even if the decision was made weeks or months earlier. They don't want a run of people trying to use gift cards and staff will leave very quickly once they know a restaurant is closing. Thus it saves them from having to pay out retention bonuses. I am not saying it is right, but that is how these businesses tend to operate. Four Tijuana Flats locations closed in our area overnight. No notice there either.

Bloomin' Brands needs to do something quickly to right their ship. We recently went to Carrabba's, usually a good consistent meal, and it was terrible. The restaurant was nearly empty on what should have been a fairly busy Sunday afternoon. We haven't been to an Outback Steakhouse in a long time due to inconsistency and price. I'll spend a little more for a way better meal at Saltgrass Steakhouse.
I cant seem to find the saltgrass steak house in hawaii. Did i search wrong?

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
We haven't been to an Outback Steakhouse in a long time due to inconsistency and price.
Can't argue the price angle, but Outback recently opened one of their new model locations near us, which is smaller in size than a traditional Outback. Food has always been outstanding at this location. I personally would never go to Outback in Hawaii for different reasons.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Looks like the parent company, Blooming Brands, is closing more locations and brands, not just Hawaii.

Off hand, I think all the Outbacks near me have closed in the past few years..

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an article on this week's edition of Barron magazine promoting Bloomin's Brand with a buy recommendation.