• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeshore Reserve

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we have access to the pools/slides/lazy river at the adjoining resorts or not. We were going with grandkids but these adjacent resort amenities were a big decision in choosing this location. Does it matter what time of year we go (if we went in June or Sept?); is there a daily limit of access passes for free OR do you need to pay (how much)...and does paying insure access?

(Not a Marriott....but we were also looking at Hyatt Coconut Plantation.....I have the exact same questions if any one has been there regarding the hotel resort amenities)
And IF I call before I even make reservations what chance do I have of getting accurate information....I mean if I talk to "Brian (who answers the phone and tells me he's in customer service & I should have no problem) - how reliable do you think this info is? (your honest opinion)

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
Per the Hub page for Lakeshore, "The JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes Outdoor Pool hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Sunday. An entry fee of $50 per unit per day will be collected for groups of up to four people."

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There is a recent thread in the Hyatt forum about Coconut Cove. There may no longer be access to the adjacent Hyatt hotel. You are best to contact the resort directly with these types of questions and not just regular owner services or II.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we have access to the pools/slides/lazy river at the adjoining resorts or not. We were going with grandkids but these adjacent resort amenities were a big decision in choosing this location. Does it matter what time of year we go (if we went in June or Sept?); is there a daily limit of access passes for free OR do you need to pay (how much)...and does paying insure access?

(Not a Marriott....but we were also looking at Hyatt Coconut Plantation.....I have the exact same questions if any one has been there regarding the hotel resort amenities)
And IF I call before I even make reservations what chance do I have of getting accurate information....I mean if I talk to "Brian (who answers the phone and tells me he's in customer service & I should have no problem) - how reliable do you think this info is? (your honest opinion)
If you are looking for free access to a hotel pool in Orlando the MVC Palms have free access to the Marriott world center pool and slide. World center also has a water park that you can book a reservation and pay to use.

We really enjoyed walking the grounds at Lakeshore/JW/Ritz and eating at the restaurants there.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I have my take on Lakeshore Reserve resort and the use of the adjacent JW & Ritz properties.

The JW pools and garden-like complex are truly wonderful, and beautiful as well, and the cost of $50 per day is not unreasonable, imho,
in order to change things up and enjoy a different day-long experience.
It keeps both the kids and adults happy to have a change of scenery every now and then, and you don't have to do it every day.
And the Ritz property is also quite different and also a fun and quality experience (altho I'm not sure about the current Ritz usage and policies), but as far as I know
it's still available and worth doing if it appeals to you.
But I would NEVER say that the JW/Ritz access is THE primary reason for opting for or pursuing Lakeshore Reserve. It's a perk, but not a necessary one.

So what the heck is wrong with Lakeshore Reserve and its pool area? It can hold its head high and easily stand on is own merit.
It's amazingly beautiful, gorgeous in fact, and has as nice a complex as any in the Marriott system.
The slide is great for the kids and teens, and there's plenty there to enjoy, and nobody has to tout the beauty of the place to us---it's already wonderful.
Lakeshore Reserve is a gem, and quite worthy of a stay there, and frankly it makes zero difference to me whether the JW or Ritz access
is available or not----Lakeshore Reserve is plenty enough for a most enjoyable week, independent of the perk of another adjacent hotel experience.
It's not like one is fleeing a mediocre or decrepit property in order to salvage the trip by using someplace else.

And also to mention the World Center Hotel as the "ultimate quintessential additional perk" available if one stays at the Palms Resorts
is highly overrated too! The World Center Hotel at peak times is absolutely jammed with people and imho not enjoyable at all.
It's loud with both the crowd and the music, etc, and it's beyond annoying given the number of bodies everywhere. The beauty of the place simply does not live up
to expectations when you have to compete with dozens of others to find a spot around the pool. At the end of the day, one typically goes back to their villa,
wherever it is, with ears still ringing and a memory not of a relaxing day, but instead of one having been engaged in some sort of day-long contest to survive.

I would say a stay at Lakeshore Reserve by itself would be an example of one of the most relaxing and enjoyable ones in the Marriott system.
It's a classy and quality resort, and has a more serene and relaxing experience than people give it credit for.
And I also think Grande Vista, where we've stayed a few times, also has gorgeous pools to enjoy, on both sides of the lake, even though it's a huge resort
and can be crowded too. But it has amenities and activities that make it great for kids and adults alike. It does have more room to explore and in so doing,
experience different areas too.

Our best Orlando stays (and we don't go there nearly as often as to the South Carolina resorts) have been at Lakeshore and Grande Vista, and our kids
who are now grown and in their mid-30s, still adamantly agree. They loved both Lakeshore and GV, and have never once mentioned World Center Hotel
where we did visit more than once.
To each his own, and I'm not knocking the JW and the Ritz in Orlando (we love both brands and have stayed at many JWs in the past, all over the country),
but I didn't want anyone to believe that Lakeshore was somehow inferior if in fact access to the adjacent properties ever is denied.

Ironically, given my post, we have dear neighborhood family friends that we give a yearly vacation to (he helps me with "stuff" all year long in a business sense),
and they've been to many of MVC's best beach resorts because of our generosity), and this year he requested only one destination that his family longs to return to----
and yes, it's Lakeshore Reserve....so they are going for a week's stay in June. And they tell us every time we see them that they can't wait!
They have a 4yo, two mid-teens, and a college student, and they always remark about the activities which they love to sign up for at Lakeshore.

Last edited:

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per the Hub page for Lakeshore, "The JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes Outdoor Pool hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Sunday. An entry fee of $50 per unit per day will be collected for groups of up to four people."

I don't think $50 would be outrageous and perhaps a nice change for a day or two.

Reactions: jme

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU jme for all the info and personal opinion. We have only toured Lakeshore (while staying at Grande Vista) - we are also much more frequent guests to HHI and the four OF Marriott resorts there. I know that when we first looked into Coconut Plantation and Lakeshore both included full access to the neighboring hotel amenities which sounded like a lot of fun especially if our trip were simply to enjoy the resort without venturing out to off-property entertainment. Appreciate TUG input / response. And will speak with the resorts directly before confirming reservations.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
I don't think $50 would be outrageous and perhaps a nice change for a day or two.
$12.50 a person isn't bad, but if you have more than 4 in your party, some can't go. For some reason I think it used to be 6. There also used to be pretty regular blackouts that weren't necessarily able to be determined in advance. Not sure how it is currently.