• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Island Links Hilton Head SC

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
This is not my first time to write about Island Links or HH Island…. We reserved 2-3 bedroom units for my wife, 2 daughters and their kids in one and 2 of my nephews and their families in the other…. We came last Sunday, July 25th and because everyone had to get back to real life all left on Sat. July 31st in the early afternoon….. This is the 4th time I have stayed at Island Links and all the rooms seem refreshed!! I was told they are redoing rooms every month….. Jack has been driving the bus back and forth to the beach now for years…. He does a great job…. Our families took part in the welcome party and the kids did some of the activities….. you can not really go wrong with anywhere you eat at Hilton Head and on our day trip to Savannah GA we at at a place called the Trayler Park…., HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! HH Icecream and Duck Donuts are must stops while there…. To save time our daughter had made a grocery pick up order from Walmart so this time we only had to go grocery shopping one other time…. We went on a fantastic dolphin tour called, the Hilton Head Dolphin tour….it was next to the Black Marlin and the Crazy Crab….. we saw LOTS of dolphins…even baby dolphins!!! 90 minutes, the boat is covered from the sun… . 35.00 adults 25.00 children….. croc. At Island Links…… Dave
Dave

Attachments

• 8A58C259-0F32-4D6E-9257-F4814953C47B.jpeg
    8A58C259-0F32-4D6E-9257-F4814953C47B.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 1BE7AC23-1F53-4CE0-8782-F8446A5F47FE.jpeg
    1BE7AC23-1F53-4CE0-8782-F8446A5F47FE.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We have rented units at Island Links twice, back around 2014-2015.
We found it to be very nice----the 3BR villas we rented were comfortable and spacious.
The location in Port Royal is beautiful, and we enjoyed riding bikes and walking daily. I'm glad to hear the villas are being improved---they were fine when we were there, but the sprucing up will make it all the better. We've tried to find extra rental time there on occasion, but they've had no availability, so I suspect the owners must be quite happy there. Thanks for the nice report on one of the seldom-mentioned but very nice resorts at Hilton Head.

EDIT: Regarding your two pictures, if given a choice, I'll take the doughnuts!

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
EDIT: Regarding your two pictures, if given a choice, I'll take the doughnuts!
Too bad they didnt have a picture of a cannoli ;)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lol no Cannolis here…. Just Duck Donuts

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
417DA130-4CF0-426B-8217-C115E2C5F19B.jpeg

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing.

I will take the donuts too.......wait, did someone say cannoli ...:sneaky:

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That’s my son in law and our 2 granddaughters

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds liked your family had a great family timeshare vacation together. Outstanding!!!!!

Wishing your family many, more vacations together

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks!!! Since we got the timeshare (cheap) we have always included the family EXCEPT when we went to Hawaii!!!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Thank you for sharing.

I will take the donuts too.......wait, did someone say cannoli ...:sneaky:

Is it possible to insert a cannoli into the donut hole? A new tasty treat, no doubt.

That would solve the dilemma, and might also be the inspiration for a brand new business........:ponder:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to insert a cannoli into the donut hole? A new tasty treat, no doubt.

That would solve the dilemma, and might also be the inspiration for a brand new business........:ponder:

:LOL:Great idea!!! We can also just squeeze in some cannoli cream

I might have to go to a pastry shoppe today........

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
well I had a chocolate chip muffin today from Tim Hortons this morning.... does that count????? On a serous note... it just blows me away on how much preparation it takes to plan a week with the family.... and then HOW FAST it goes by... with Covid we hadn't seen much of our kids and their families in the last year plus and really, REALLY excited to be going on vacation with them.... and then WHOOOOOOSH its done... Dave

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it does goes fast. This is why I enjoy the planning as much as the vacation. I love to have something to look forward to especially when it's with my kids or one of them.

It is getting harder and harder for all of us to be together. As hectic as they are (in WDW anyway), we enjoy them very much. I am glad you were able to have the time with your family.

I think in the future, we will try to plan beach vacation (Vero/Hilton Head come to mind) with all three of my kids/grandchildren.

Hope you start planning your next one soon.

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, it does goes fast. This is why I enjoy the planning as much as the vacation. I love to have something to look forward to especially when it's with my kids or one of them.

It is getting harder and harder for all of us to be together. As hectic as they are (in WDW anyway), we enjoy them very much. I am glad you were able to have the time with your family.

I think in the future, we will try to plan beach vacation (Vero/Hilton Head come to mind) with all three of my kids/grandchildren.

Hope you start planning your next one soon.
Anna, we already have our vacation with the kids booked for a week in Orlando, FL. next June.... yeah I love to plan also.... we have three grandchildren who are 13, 11 and 5 and even though the two oldest are BUSY with sports dance etc the families make a point to do vacation with us.... LOL maybe because we are paying for the lodging :))))) Dave

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been there too Dave with the lodging/meals, tickets, etc. :D If we can, when we can.........why not. The family is growing and it all gets harder and harder. Enjoy while you/we can!!!

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Thanks!!! Since we got the timeshare (cheap) we have always included the family EXCEPT when we went to Hawaii!!!

a cannolnut? or a donolli?

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a wonderful way to spend life..........with your family. We also try to vacation with our 3 children and 6 grandchildren. One of our best trips was to Sedona, AZ. We had three - two bedroom units (and fortunately they put them all side by side). We could come out in our pj's in the morning, settle onto one patio, drink our coffee and plan the events for that day. Our most memorable event was renting a private bus, with driver, and spending the day at the Grand Canyon. We had so much fun on the bus that it made the trip to the Canyon pass by quickly. God bless you and your family and may you enjoy many more vacations together. As was mentioned . . . enjoy while you can.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
a cannolnut? or a donolli?

A rose by any other name is still a rose.

A cannoli by any other name is still a cannoli.

"I'll take three, please, and see you tomorrow."
That's a direct quote given to the guy at Modern Pastry's order counter on Hanover Street in Boston's North End
WHENEVER we're in Boston and have walked to North End for dinner.....we ALWAYS stop by to grab some cannoli,
along with a bottle or two of Cabernet at V. Cirace & Son's wine shop as we are walking back "home" to Custom House.
Makes it a wonderful "rest of the evening".
Sadly, we missed the last 2 years when we were forced to cancel our October trips, but we're hoping to go back this Fall.
Reservations and flights are booked, just waiting to see what happens with this new wave of Covid/Delta.

We've been to Boston 7 of the last 10 years, and hope to keep it going.