• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Home resort no longer part of RCI

BHabib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
White Point Beach Resort
I've been an owner at White Point Beach Resort in Nova Scotia , Canada since 2007. The resort has unilaterally decided to leave RCI and have informed owners that our only option is to use our deeded weeks there, no longer any option to exchange. Do I have any options out there to get back into exchanging? My contract says I am able to rent my week, so utilizing the Marketplace on here is a possibility for sure.

Thanks in advance!

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Your resort looks very pretty, what a shame that they are leaving RCI. TUG Marketplace also has a section for Direct Exchange Listings, so you could try and make a swap with another TUG Member.

As for your other option of renting out your week, the usual expert renters here recommend RedWeek or GoKoala (though my feeling was the listings are usually more well known brands of timeshares). I would be inclined to try renting through Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace (maybe areas that are driving distance to the resort) and take the proceeds to rent somewhere else you want to go.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That place looks beautiful, and because it was only in RCI before I wasn't aware of it. There's a ferry that runs to Nova Scotia from near our resort in Maine. We may be interested in doing a private trade...I'll PM you once we know more about how our summer is shaping up. (It's hard, with my DD going to college in the fall, and we won't know where--and, therefore, when--until the May 1 decision deadline, most likely.)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder if any of the independent exchange companies will accept a deposit?

gravityrules

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
Does it 'cost' a resort anything to be RCI or II exchangeable? I understand the concept of RCI or II standards so are there 'inspection' or certification costs paid by the resort? Are the resorts required to buy in to a certain reservation system?

BHabib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
White Point Beach Resort
That place looks beautiful, and because it was only in RCI before I wasn't aware of it. There's a ferry that runs to Nova Scotia from near our resort in Maine. We may be interested in doing a private trade...I'll PM you once we know more about how our summer is shaping up. (It's hard, with my DD going to college in the fall, and we won't know where--and, therefore, when--until the May 1 decision deadline, most likely.)
I've owned an even year late August week since 2007, and we use it every time (we only live 2 hours away). We frequently used the RCI "Last Call" and "Extra Vacations" though. We love White Point and visited long before they offered timeshares, . Late last year, I got an odd year Sept week for free from another owner. With my kids still in school, September doesn't really work so the idea was to use it to make exchanges. A few months later they dropped the news that they were leaving RCI. Actually, I didn't even hear it from the resort, I heard it from RCI 1st! All this to say that the next week I would be looking to exchange isn't until Sept 2025.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
September is a nice time on the South Shore of Nova Scotia. Not sure I would want anything in the October to May window.

Volkyro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Regal Vistas
I've been an owner at White Point Beach Resort in Nova Scotia , Canada since 2007. The resort has unilaterally decided to leave RCI and have informed owners that our only option is to use our deeded weeks there, no longer any option to exchange. Do I have any options out there to get back into exchanging? My contract says I am able to rent my week, so utilizing the Marketplace on here is a possibility for sure.

Thanks in advance!

If exchanging is the goal, it's probably best to sell or give away the one you have and acquire a different timeshare that is a strong trader.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
September might work--it is a beautiful time of year--and I'll keep it in mind for 2025, @BHabib. :) RCI won't cancel your membership even if they've kicked out the resort, so you should still have access to Last Calls and Extra Vacations. There's plenty of folx here that don't even own a timeshare anymore that still keep their RCI membership for this purpose; RCI doesn't really care, they just want your $$.

As for the September week, will the resort allow you to trade it internally? And TUG private exchanges are always a good option, along with checking other exchanges such as SFX. Or renting it out (would the resort help you with that?) But you might want to contact the resort management and inquire as to what their longer-term plan is. Are they wanting to affiliate with II?

BHabib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
White Point Beach Resort
September might work--it is a beautiful time of year--and I'll keep it in mind for 2025, @BHabib. :) RCI won't cancel your membership even if they've kicked out the resort, so you should still have access to Last Calls and Extra Vacations. There's plenty of folx here that don't even own a timeshare anymore that still keep their RCI membership for this purpose; RCI doesn't really care, they just want your $$.

As for the September week, will the resort allow you to trade it internally? And TUG private exchanges are always a good option, along with checking other exchanges such as SFX. Or renting it out (would the resort help you with that?) But you might want to contact the resort management and inquire as to what their longer-term plan is. Are they wanting to a

BHabib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
White Point Beach Resort
Good to know about the RCI.

My contract says I can rent it out as long as I give them the name of whoever is checking in at least 3 weeks prior to check in I think. I don't believe they have any interest in helping rent it out, though renting out a September week would be pretty easy.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
That's a shame. They were an RCI Points resort and availability was pretty limited. I remember getting an exchange in for a summer week after the fire burned down the main lodge.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We stayed there once many years ago on an exchange and loved it. I hope enough owners complain to convince them to change their mind.

Sheila