• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney World Hasn’t Felt This Empty in Years

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn’t much of March considered Spring Break in many areas up and down the east coast. Spring Break is prime time. Prime spring weeks will depend on when Easter falls.
Spring break in FL is in March. The busiest times will be the week before & after Easter, week of Thanksgiving and the weeks of Xmas/NY. While there may be some temporary slow downs, the relative size of the crowds do not vary nearly as much as they used to with various events including International Flower Festive & Food & Wine Festival being extended. Unless you're hitting those weeks I mentioned, the day of the week is probably more important than which month one goes with weekends being much busier than weekdays.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The busiest times will be the week before & after Easter, week of Thanksgiving and the weeks of Xmas/NY...the day of the week is probably more important than which month one goes with weekends being much busier than weekdays.
This has been our experience as well...though I would add President's Day weekend (though not the attached week). Compared to these dates, visiting WDW in summer is (if you'll excuse the expression) a walk in the park.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
This has been our experience as well...though I would add President's Day weekend (though not the attached week). Compared to these dates, visiting WDW in summer is (if you'll excuse the expression) a walk in the SWAMP.
Fixed your post for you ;)

Ixchel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Ocean
Marriott Vacation Club
Shell Vacation Club SFW
Not to mention, between January and late March is Disney (and Orlando in general) low-demand times. If you can make a vacation these months, come on down! Florida residents get great discounts, and people in general get lower theme park tickets compared with Summer and Christmas.

TS
Mid March is peak Spring Break. The Florida Resident Pixie pass isn't even valid during the last two weeks of March.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Mid March is peak Spring Break. The Florida Resident Pixie pass isn't even valid during the last two weeks of March.
That’s probably related to Easter falling on March 31. The week before and week after Easter are the busiest other than Christmas/New Year’s. During years when Easter is later, March is still busy with Spring Break, but not quite as bad as this year. The DVC points chart moves around with Easter, too.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Crossing my fingers that mid June will have lower crowds - but I assume that because some schools are already out - the lower crowds are likely not gonna happen.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Crossing my fingers that mid June will have lower crowds - but I assume that because some schools are already out - the lower crowds are likely not gonna happen.
Been there mid June a number of times and it's very busy. It seemed just as busy as the 4th which is our usual week there these days. I haven't been the first week of June which I suspect is slightly less busy but schools in the South are generally out by or before the first week of June, often by the Memorial Day weekend. MVC expanded Platinum to weeks 22-34 for Barony and Surfwatch over the Platinum season at Grande Ocean and before. Also the fact that MGO points jump from 4000 per week in April/May to 5400 the entire month of June (before week of 4th) doesn't bode well for things being less busy. When the kids were home we vacationed the first week of June most years and it was a little less busy and cheaper than later but not to HHI for that week.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

But what will happen is the thunderstorm at 4:05 PM!

Reaction score
People will still go. As I have said elsewhere, if a person/family shelled out thousands to spend several days at WDW, they are not going to let a short Florida thunderstorm stop them! The only thing that will change is WDW will shut down the SkyLiner and shut down rides like Thunder Mountain.

TS

sox21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Haven't been back since we experienced Genie plus. I laughed when I saw a commercial for Disney talking about getting your face out of your phone when Genie forces you to spend all day on your phone managing the nonsense.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So...just wrapped up a week at WDW during Spring Break...though not either of the Easter Weeks.

The beginning of the week was busy but not bad. Genie+ was of great value at all four parks and while the crowds were substantial they were not overwhelming. Thu/Fri/Sat were a different story - wall to wall people, Genie+ yielded one good ride and one OK one, and the wait for the EPCOT DVC lounge was 2+ hours!!!

Nevertheless and despite the ever increasing crowds, a wonderful time was had by all. Knock on wood we'll be back the same time next year.

Reaction score
So...just wrapped up a week at WDW during Spring Break...though not either of the Easter Weeks.

The beginning of the week was busy but not bad. Genie+ was of great value at all four parks and while the crowds were substantial they were not overwhelming. Thu/Fri/Sat were a different story - wall to wall people, Genie+ yielded one good ride and one OK one, and the wait for the EPCOT DVC lounge was 2+ hours!!!

Nevertheless and despite the ever increasing crowds, a wonderful time was had by all. Knock on wood we'll be back the same time next year.
This is Walt Disney World's high demand time, which everyone else calls "Spring Break". I usually drive 36 hours per week, but last week, I worked 45 hours (nice batch of OT). Everyone goes to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT is #2 and Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios are #3. It will slow down slightly between March and May, once Summer begins.

TS

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Like clockwork, and after it pours 1-3 inches of rain in an hour, the air is still muggy. It's always humid during summer in Orlando.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
WDW is still at five alarm fire status with respect to attendance. All you need to do is look at their latest ticket deal (which runs form April 2 - September 22 and includes part of the Easter week and Fourth of July) to see that. They’re always going to have crowds during spring break, Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter, but they are down the rest of the year (and Christmas this year was lower than a normal Christmas too). Their summer projections must be abysmal based on those ticket prices.