• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Comparison of 4 Orlando resorts - help!

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
New to TUG and love it! Thanks to all for information already posted. Here's my questions: Heading to Orlando in January/Feb. 2007 timeframe. Have four options thru RCI I've narrowed down for timeframe needed:

Grand Beach Vacation Resort
Bryan's Spanish Cove
Sheraton Vistana Resort
Villas at Summer Bay

Out of these four, which is the most recommended by tuggers? I have read soooo much info on TUG, that I'm getting very confused. We may be traveling with our two grandchildren (ages 5 & 7) and will be visiting Disney almost every day, so daily activities are not a "must" on our list. Would like a quieter resort for us and the grandkids to unwind at the end of each day - a resort with a nice pool. Plan on eating breakfasts/dinners in the unit. Any help would be appreciated in narrowing down our search even more.

Vodo

Reaction score
That's a tough one. I'm a great fan of Summer Bay, but not the Villas at Summer Bay - they're smaller than the other Summer Bay units and have no patios/balconies. Vistana is a "mega resort," so it's anything but quiet and relaxing. I see Bryan's Spanish Cove available a lot, but have never been tempted to go there. I have some friends visiting Grand Beach later this month. I can relay their experience when they return. Given those four options, I might wait a little while and watch for something better - although if you're exchanging (as opposed to renting), you already have a pretty tight window of opportunity.

January usually has decent availability in Extra Vacations and sometimes it's an option for Last Call. You could probably get a better selection of resorts going that route.

Good luck!

Cindy

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update to original message

Cindy: Thanks for prompt reply! Would love to hear back on your friends experience at Grand Beach. I did go ahead and confirm with Grand Beach, so hopefully, will hear good review from your friends! Weeks were "disappearing" even as I was searching with RCI, so was afraid that if I didn't confirm wouldn't get the week we wanted.

Would still love to hear from other members on the four resorts I did list in original message in case we find a trade for 2008 for timeframe we need. We prefer Siesta Key/Sarasota area, but of course nothing ever comes up for trade for that area. Do have a search pending though just in case.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The four (4) resort's you have chosen I like Sheraton Vistana Resort the best. The Sheraton Vistana is very close to Disney and the resort itself would have everything on site for your grand kids to enjoy.

I would also suggest you also read the Tug Resort Data Base Reviews section about the four (4) resort's in question. Good Luck and enjoy your week in the sunshine state.

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
We have stayed at 3 of the 4 on your list and I think you would be fine with any. Vistana has some older units, so that would be a slight risk IMO. We stayed at the Grand Beach with another family in December. We had a 3 bedroom unit, which worked out well since there were double master bedrooms. The 3rd bedroom worked great for the 2 boys and the girl slept on the sleeper sofa. So overall we were pleased. We did have some housekeeping issues, but they resolved these items quickly. I think you will be happy with your resort. Hopefully you were lucky enough to get a 3 bedroom unit. If so, do not hestiate to go with a party of 6 to 7 - you will have plenty of room. They also have a nice pool, it is a nice place to unwind. Have fun!

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of the list, I've only stayed at Vistana Resort. I would recommend it. It was quiet in the Fountains II area where I stayed.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Floridaski, for info on Grand Beach stay. We were lucky to exchange for a 3-bedroom unit thru RCI and hopefully will have some family join us for our stay. Thanks to all others for their input also! So glad I found TUG website!!!!:wave:

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you will enjoy Grand Beach. My cousin stayed there last year, in a 3-bedroom and it was very nice. While you are there, stroll next door to Bryan's Spanish Cove and check it out. We stayed there and liked it very much. It is small, quiet and not lavish at all, but it felt very homey.

Dori

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Thumbs Up For Grand Beach & Vistana Orlando.

Toured Grand Beach (for freebies) in 2004 & was favorably impressed -- wowed, actually -- enough to try to get an exchange reservation there some day, but not enough to buy.

Stayed at Vistana Orlando on exchange in 2003 -- can't remember the name of the section of the resort where we stayed, but it must have been in a newer area because our condo building had an elevator up to our 2BR unit on the 2nd floor. (The Vistana condo building straight across the parking lot from where we stayed was walk-up.) It was our 1st timeshare exchange ever, & we had a wonderful time -- would go back on exchange again as soon as it's OK with the 1-year-in-3 or 1-year-in-4 exchange-frequency restriction.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score

We stayed at Grand Beach in a 3 bedroom in 2005 and thought it was very nice. Would rate it one of the top few resorts we've stayed in. Also easy access to Downtown Disney and rest of the Mouse place.

Nancy

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't talk from personal experience, but when I was planning my trip to Orlando I read a lot of good reviews for Grand Beach Resort. I was thinking of trying to exchange there myself, but then one came up for HGVC and I took that instead.

From the reviews I've read, mostly on tripadvisor.com, Grand Beach sounds like it would be what you are looking for. The units are big, mostly 3 bedrooms and it is a smaller, quieter resort on a lake.

If you would like to to check out the reviews on trip advisor, it is listed under Embassy Resort Grand Beach.

Good Luck!