• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annoying RCI cruise Phone calls

bigfrank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge, Excuse me for being so blunt but, Why is RCI Cruise breaking our chops and calling early in the morning to advertise RCI cruise? And to make matters worse I don't even get a live person on the phone. I get an automated recording. The only reason RCI should be calling is to give information on our accounts. They should call to tell us about a confirmed exchange or a unit on hold or to offer an alternate exchange.
This type of advertising is annoying and I hope you are able to put a stop to it. This type of advertising is why they have a do not call list.

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
same for me
got a live person call Thursday asked for a stop to these calls

got an automated call around 730PM Friday night
annoying to say the least

Bruce W

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our automated call was 8:30 last night. Yes it is annoying since you can't tell them not to call anymore.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Joy! I guess we have that to look forward to this week :)

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
I have gotten eight of these calls (my cell phone keeps a list) in the past month. One came in while we were in Italy and I had to pay the international roaming charge! It was a recorded message about the cruise offer.

I finally answered one last week that was a live person and I told him to take me off the calling list. So far that has worked but I don't have high hopes that they will really go away for good.

I agree, this is an unsolicited sales call and should NOT be allowed.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frank,

The Cruise Department uses a separate dialer system and is working out some kinks that may have been causing some duplicate calls. Feedback from TUG has been very helpful in getting this corrected. It has been taken very seriously and while a few calls may trickle through as programming is updated, relief is coming.

We will likely continue to make some calls about RCI promotions in the future; however, I fully expect we will not continue to see the frequency of calls that have been occurring.

Thanks everyone for bringing this issue to light!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Madge,

Along those lines, it would be nice if RCI would research member use and deposit history before making the calls to us to solicit deposits. I get the calls from time to time, with the VC asking about my intentions for next year's weeks. I don't know now what I'm going to be doing next year . . . and besides, depositing this year means paying the MF's this year too which isn't always a possibility. (I will say that it was nice to see that FF Flagstaff will now allow an owner to pay 1/2 of the current year MF's so that we can deposit during the prior year. I may take them up on that later this spring/summer for 2008.)

Perhaps more frustrating to me is that I don't need to be solicited to deposit my weeks as I almost always do so via my online RCI account. I don't need to be hand-held through the process by a VC.

Thanks for being here and trying to help us!!

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
We will likely continue to make some calls about RCI promotions in the future; however, I fully expect we will not continue to see the frequency of calls that have been occurring.

Thanks everyone for bringing this issue to light!

Madge,
I really don't want to get promotional calls at all from RCI. My cell phone is my only phone since we ditched our land line. I have to pay extra for these calls if I don't have enough minutes or as I said in my previous post, when I'm in out of the country it is quite expensive to pay international roaming.

How do I get my number put on a DO NOT CALL list?

Thanks for looking into this.

bigfrank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge, Thanks for the quick reply. I think you can see from the short time that this was posted and the amount of people posting that We do not want these or any Promo Calls. Is it better that we change our phone number in the system so they can't call us at all.
Please do what you can to stop this. I am sure you have gotten a ton of spam calls at home, These are the same thing.
Please only Call me when there is a unit on hold or to help with an exchange only.

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
got another recorded message tonight at 630PM

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge,
I really don't want to get promotional calls at all from RCI.
abbekit,

All you need to do is to ask us not to call you for promotions. If you send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com with TUG in the subject line, the Communications Team can take care of it for you.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure you have gotten a ton of spam calls at home, These are the same thing.
Frank,

I do not receive calls from companies I do not have a prior relationship with. RCI would not fall in that category for any of its members.

If you prefer not to receive promotional calls, please just submit a request by telephone or e-mail.

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge,

I will be sending an email to be taken off the promo calling list, but just wanted to add my two cents that the recorded calls are particularly annoying (outrageous in the early am). I don't think they do anything to curry favor with your members but rather are more likely to have the opposite effect...

Avery

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
Frank,

I do not receive calls from companies I do not have a prior relationship with. RCI would not fall in that category for any of its members.

If you prefer not to receive promotional calls, please just submit a request by telephone or e-mail.

Thanks Madge,
Since I already told them this over the phone I hope they will honor my request. I also sent the e-mail as you suggested.