• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

24-hour grocery store near BCV or between MCO and BCV?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I'm finally starting to think about our Thanksgiving trip to WDW :) . I love how these trips creep up on you until you're less than two months out...

We don't land until 9:10pm and would like to get groceries that first night. Which of these is our best option? Or are there others?

1. Rent a car at MCO and stop along the way, but where? What would be open along the way?

2. Take Magical Express & then take a taxi to a nearby grocery store, if anything is open.

3. Use a grocery delivery service, and hope that the stuff can get stored properly at BCV (last year we had a disaster with our food getting lost). Then probably take a taxi or rent a car the next day to pick up the rest of the stuff.

Last year, we used a car service and had a grocery stop. But we landed an hour earlier.

Any advice?

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rent a car and go to Wal Mart on 535 near 192. I think they are opened 24 hours. We will be doing that in Nov. when we land at 10:30pm

iluvwdw

Reaction score
ira g said:
Rent a car and go to Wal Mart on 535 near 192. I think they are opened 24 hours. We will be doing that in Nov. when we land at 10:30pm

I was going to recommend the SAME thing!!! There is also another 24 hour Walmart ON 192...but I think the one on 535 is closer. They are Super Walmarts, so they have all the groceries you need. :D

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the heads up on the 24-hour Walmart!

So do you think it will be fast and easy to rent a car and drive? Last year, we did the car service thingie but it seemed to take forever with the grocery stop. How far is this super Walmart from the Beach Club Villas? Can I buy frozen things?

I should check my multiple car reservations :D and see which one picks up at MCO and drops off at the Dolphin...I hope I made one of those!

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO, having a car is a no brainer unless you are staying on Disney property and then I'm still not convinced. For the money you spend on limos and cabs you will come close to paying for the car. Also, if you ever have an issue that requires a doctor or hospital visit, having that car will be a godsend.

iluvwdw

Reaction score
Big Matt said:
IMO, having a car is a no brainer unless you are staying on Disney property and then I'm still not convinced. For the money you spend on limos and cabs you will come close to paying for the car. Also, if you ever have an issue that requires a doctor or hospital visit, having that car will be a godsend.

I agree, we ALWAYS have a car, even when we stay onsite. It's just SO much more convenient.

(and we had to go to the Doctor and Emergency room a bunch of times, so having our own car was KEY!)

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Matt said:

I agree. Having a car is a no brainer. Keep the car all week as you will need transportation back to MCO. The weekly rental should not be much more than a few day rental. We have used Thrifty at MCO and had been very satisfied.

iluvwdw

Reaction score
If you have time to research every couple of days or weeks, you can get a GREAT deal by using codes on Mousesavers:

http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html

They have TONS of codes listed for every rental company. What works for me, might not work for you. It's timing and it also depends on your dates of travel. But KEEP TRYING!

I was able to snag a rental for 8 days...SUV for $160, inclusive of ALL taxes and fees! I booked this MONTHS ago and since then, I've tried to use the SAME codes and the price is about $300! :eek: And believe it or not, we are probably driving down, so that awesome rental rate doesn't mean a thing to me. :bawl:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, I'll keep checking rates.

Now last year, we took a car service to the DVC resort, then rented a car onsite at the Dolphin the next day. We used the car twice..once to pick up replacement groceries because ours were ruined by the non-working refrigerator freezer in the Beach Club Villas. The second time, for turkey day at my sister's HGVC timeshare on International Drive. That was it. It cost me $200 for the rental and I must have driven 30-40 miles. We took Magical Express to the airport because we LOVED dumping our luggage in the lobby and not having to touch it again until we arrived home.

This year, we won't have the rest of my family there, but we will be moving to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for the last two nights. We will need to get groceries, so that would be the only time we plan to use the car, I think.

Well, I'll check rates and see what is out there!

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Look at Costco Travel. I don't think you need to be a costco member to do this. You can usually get about 20% off plus a coupon.