• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

10 BEST AND WORST TIMESHARE COMPANIES IN THE WORLD 2023: IN-DEPTH REVIEW Salvador Castillo

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
drat, its going to be hard to keep TUG running as a front for the industry now that this bombshell article is out.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also need to make a point to address the aggressive sales tactics and hidden fees on TUG.

I just need to find where those are first. Id also like to see the complaints about them as well!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
also need to make a point to address the aggressive sales tactics and hidden fees on TUG.

I just need to find where those are first. Id also like to see the complaints about them as well!
I actually found it somewhat difficult to figure out how to sign up for the $15 member fee service (which I wanted to do because this website has literally saved me thousands), versus the free forum account, so that might be the opposite of an “aggressive” sales tactic.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
My three year membership was up and I got two friendly reminder emails in what I believed to be about one month’s time before I finally renewed. TUG really needs to tone down these aggressive tactics.

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
Here’s a snapshot of the worst 10 timeshare companies this year:

• WorldQuest Vacations
  • Interval International
  • Freedom Vacations
  • Travel Impressions
  • Vacation Ownership Deals
  • Vacation Express
  • ResortQuest
  • Vacation Savers
  • Vacation Ownership Club
  • Timeshare Users Group

Timeshare Users Group​

Timeshare Users Group is a forum that has been accused of being a front for these kind of companies. They have faced complaints about aggressive sales tactics and hidden fees.

Am I crazy? :oops::oops::oops:
I'm no legal expert, but it might be worth requesting their data. If there is merit, so be it, but if its someone said something at a bar.... not corroborated... Might be worth a request for them to retract the article and apologize or at least respond. I think this is filler BS.

Defamation is a bit of an issue. Since they will no doubt claim to be a Media Professional, I'm sure they have a Media Professional Liability Insurance to protect them and respond to complaints.

In the end, your actions speak for themselves but maybe it could open up dialog.

It does seem to indicate TUG is the worst of the worst and that just seems a bit excessive given the "hard sell" of membership that TUG does.... I think the 90-minute presentation you do took me 10 hours, and, in the end, nobody asked me for ID and Credit Card... I must admit I was a little let down.. :)

For the record, there was no TUG Presentation, and most information is freely given. In terms of timeshare resales, TUG generally states that most timeshares have little to no value other that enjoyment and usage. There are many resale "entities" that claim there is tremendous value so much that they need extra money to help you sell it... I can't remember selling "real estate" and needing to have money paid to get a property listed...

For the record continued, I'd be disappointed if I thought I had paid $100,000+ timeshare and TUG said you might walk away with $10,000, but you might just need to let it go for free. Telling people, the truth they don't want to hear tends to make them mad.....

I would love for the emails to be posted on the thread to see the kind of journalism at work here.

PS- I'm naive, young and so damn positive they want to get to the truth... (Sarcasm on all fronts)

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I forward friends & families links to sites all the time, to my knowledge this is a first. So, if I wanted undo it and broadly announce as a sham, is there a way?
Nothing to feel bad about. I’m merely pointing this out as all forms of social media are becoming more prone to chatbots and socially engineered AI.

The best thing one can do is ignore it as best you can. These things thrive on attention. You can tell others I. Your close circle to avoid these types of things, but posting in a public forum such as this just draws more curiosity and helps bring about their intended result.