• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recom'ed: 2nt at Wkkn while staying at Lgn

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
We stayed at Lagoon two weeks ago. I was able to reserve an OF 2BR but wondering seriously if I should stay at Waikikian while it was brand new.:annoyed: Three weeks ahead of our departure, I saw some vacancies with open reservation. And I decided to pay $220 dollars to book 1BR plus for two nights at Waikikian in addition.

It could be a waste of money :shrug: particularly because we would stay in an OF room. But for the future planning purpose, I convinced myself that it would be worthwhile. To be honest, I unexpectedly had positive feelings about my decision.:whoopie: Reasons are:

1. Extra two Waikikian nights works as spice to your whole stay.
2. You only bring minimum necessary items to the extra room. You can enjoy a clean, fresh, neat room even more. It's like Lagoon is your home and Waikikan becomes a hotel room.
3. You can do the laundry in your room. Very efficient.
4. You can soak yourself into a big and deep bath tab. Very energizing.
5. You can enjoy a different view from the window.
6. Paying about $200, you can stay at 1BR for two nights. A real bargain. If you stay at a hotel, it is only a twin for one night.

On a second thought, I realized that it should not be a bad idea to reserve an extra room even within the same tower. Maybe you should plan ahead your relaxing day to make the full use of the extra room. My recommendation is that you book a room with ocean view at Lagoon and a room with city view at Waikikian.

If you like the idea, please try it for your next stay.:cheer:

Aptman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Extra Night at Waikikian?

If I had read this post last week, I would've thought the person was out of his mind, but I'm at the Lagoon tower right now for 8 nights, and I'm seriously thinking of trying this out.

Last year we stayed at the Lagoon tower in a 1BD (garden view, which means bottom 10 floors). We had a great place, with a large kitchen which was part of the large living room, and a larger separate bedroom. We were on the side away from the Lagoon.

This time, I had wanted a room that faced out on the lagoon, so I called ahead a week in advance, I called ahead a day in advance, I even called a few hours before check-in time, each time they said they couldn't promise, but they'd try.

Well, they may have tried, but they did not deliver. We're on the 6th floor, which is alright, but it we are not on the lagoon side, and let me tell you,it is loud here during the day. The sounds from the pool (we're right above it) are very loud, which kept my kids from napping during the day (they were jet-lagged and up all night). Most importantly, though, the unit has a different configuration, with less of an open feel, the kitchen is separate and seems very small, the living room is small as a result, and the place seems really cramped. Furthermore, all of the pullouts we've had before have been very comfortable - this one feels like the 20 year old pullout in our living room that we don't put our worst enemies on. Fortunately my kids are young and could sleep on rocks.

So, that advice - get a room at the Waikikian or even the Lagoon tower for a night or two, that seems great to me. We'd get the kids their own room with a large bed, we'd have a nicer view, we'd be further from the pool. It sounds terrific.

I never thought I'd be bitching about the Lagoon tower, since I raved about my trip last year so much, but I'm somewhat disappointed this year.

jestme

Reaction score
Ask them if you could move over there for the last few days. You could also try for a cash upgrade to a different room in Lagoon. Never hurts to ask. If not, then maybe give that idea a shot.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
If I had read this post last week, I would've thought the person was out of his mind, but I'm at the Lagoon tower right now for 8 nights, and I'm seriously thinking of trying this out.

Last year we stayed at the Lagoon tower in a 1BD (garden view, which means bottom 10 floors). We had a great place, with a large kitchen which was part of the large living room, and a larger separate bedroom. We were on the side away from the Lagoon.

This time, I had wanted a room that faced out on the lagoon, so I called ahead a week in advance, I called ahead a day in advance, I even called a few hours before check-in time, each time they said they couldn't promise, but they'd try.

Well, they may have tried, but they did not deliver. We're on the 6th floor, which is alright, but it we are not on the lagoon side, and let me tell you,it is loud here during the day. The sounds from the pool (we're right above it) are very loud, which kept my kids from napping during the day (they were jet-lagged and up all night). Most importantly, though, the unit has a different configuration, with less of an open feel, the kitchen is separate and seems very small, the living room is small as a result, and the place seems really cramped. Furthermore, all of the pullouts we've had before have been very comfortable - this one feels like the 20 year old pullout in our living room that we don't put our worst enemies on. Fortunately my kids are young and could sleep on rocks.

So, that advice - get a room at the Waikikian or even the Lagoon tower for a night or two, that seems great to me. We'd get the kids their own room with a large bed, we'd have a nicer view, we'd be further from the pool. It sounds terrific.

I never thought I'd be bitching about the Lagoon tower, since I raved about my trip last year so much, but I'm somewhat disappointed this year.

Thanks for the trip report.

I expected to hear complaints about noise level due to the crowds at new pool but I didn't know that the waterfall would make so much noise. The pool is so close to the Lagoon Tower. I'm sure long time owners that like to enjoy their lanai (aka balcony) will not be happy. At least the pool hours are 8:30 AM to Dusk and the slides are open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Was the waterfall running all night?

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
We were on the 12th floor, facing the ocean and on the rainbow tower side. If we had been on a lower floor, it might have annoyed us. There are many people all day long in the pool area. It is like Lagoon Tower now stands next to Super Pool.

I think we heard the noise from the new pool but it was just part of the whole natural noise. Staying in an OF room first time, I realized that we could not hear the live music from the bar at night. It was a little bit disappointing for us.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
We were on the 12th floor, facing the ocean and on the rainbow tower side. If we had been on a lower floor, it might have annoyed us. There are many people all day long in the pool area. It is like Lagoon Tower now stands next to Super Pool.

I think we heard the noise from the new pool but it was just part of the whole natural noise. Staying in an OF room first time, I realized that we could not hear the live music from the bar at night. It was a little bit disappointing for us.

Thanks for the feedback

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Most importantly, though, the unit has a different configuration, with less of an open feel, the kitchen is separate and seems very small, the living room is small as a result, and the place seems really cramped.

Did you have a dedicated one bedroom vs a one bedroom lockout?
I've never stayed in the one bedrooms in the Lagoon Tower. I've only stayed in the two bedroom corner units (oceanfront and gardenview) at the Lagoon Tower. I can tell you that the lanai for the two bedroom gardenview corner units near the garage are very noisy from the cars screeching through the parking garage throughout the day.

Last edited:

danb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Noise At LT

When we were there in Dec. the pool was not open and the construction was going on. The noise was very annoying and since it reflects off of the Illikai it sounds worse. I can imagine how loud it is now with the crown. thank god for the beach. We will be there in July and we have two 2br units. We will be traveling with my son and DIL as well as the two grandsons. They are 2 yrs old and still need naps so it sounds like the noise could be a problem. I will request at least one unit be on the lagoon side and hopefully we can be on the same floor. :(

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. I recently stayed in the Grand Waikikian and I was disappointed. If you have a Lagoon Tower oceanfront unit, that's money.

What I didn't like about the Grand Waikikian were:
1) You don't feel like you are part of HHV.
2) The Floor plan for the ocean view unit was not great. It was all hallway.
3) We had a West facing room with the side view toward the ocean. Not good. The East facing units are what you want since it faces Diamond Head and into the HHV.
4) The decor was very sterile. Not very warm which I expect from Hawaii resorts.

I am staying in the Lagoon Tower for Thanksgiving. We will see how that trip goes.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. I recently stayed in the Grand Waikikian and I was disappointed. If you have a Lagoon Tower oceanfront unit, that's money.

What I didn't like about the Grand Waikikian were:
1) You don't feel like you are part of HHV.
2) The Floor plan for the ocean view unit was not great. It was all hallway.
3) We had a West facing room with the side view toward the ocean. Not good. The East facing units are what you want since it faces Diamond Head and into the HHV.
4) The decor was very sterile. Not very warm which I expect from Hawaii resorts.

I am staying in the Lagoon Tower for Thanksgiving. We will see how that trip goes.

As you know, we will be there in June and I am getting the feeling that we would be happier in the Lagoon Tower, but "Que sera sera", it's still Hawaii and the HHV beach is great. Even the pictures I have seen don't make it look too warm and Hawaiian looking.

But I am wondering how many GW owners are going to wake up and realize this, and book the Lagoon Tower? I mean, you just simply can't beat those ocean front rooms in the Lagoon Tower. I also understand(I think it was mentioned here on TUG) that they are going to be renovating the Lagoon Tower, so with upgrades etc it will be very nice and the location is far better than GW.

The only downside to the Lagoon Tower now seems to be the noise from the new pool, which I will admit would be a pain in the arse. And if you get a garden view room there, you end up looking at the parking/convention structure.