• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside occupancy rule

keepgoing

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 1 bedroom rental (small, 500 sqft) with kichentte. There is no other room size available. Starwood claim the max occu is 4 and no rollaway bed allow in this room. My family is 5 with 2 adults, 3 kids ranging from 3, 4 and 7 at time of travel. I don't really need rollaway bed. Would I have an issue during checkin because they need to register all guest to provide hand band of somekind to use the facility. Would they deny me from checking in? In other resort, they don't really care much about how many person I bring with. I want to get 2 rooms but they are not available. Thanks in advance for any sharing any past experience.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 1 bedroom rental (small, 500 sqft) with kichentte. There is no other room size available. Starwood claim the max occu is 4 and no rollaway bed allow in this room. My family is 5 with 2 adults, 3 kids ranging from 3, 4 and 7 at time of travel. I don't really need rollaway bed. Would I have an issue during checkin because they need to register all guest to provide hand band of somekind to use the facility. Would they deny me from checking in? In other resort, they don't really care much about how many person I bring with. I want to get 2 rooms but they are not available. Thanks in advance for any sharing any past experience.

This may be a major issue for you and is best addressed through the resort. We requested a rollaway in a standard 2 bedroom just so that my children wouldn't have to share the sleeper sofa and were told no. Every time we obtained wristbands, the computer was used to verify the number allowed for the room.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
As the above poster said, you may run into a problem with wristbands which allow access to the pool/water feature areas. Personally I wouldnt risk it.

keepgoing

TUG Member
Reaction score
many ad in classified for Harborside stating 1 bd for 5 persons

I see a lot of tug classified ad for Harborside 1 Bedroom (big or small) saying occupancy is 5. But in the resort webpage, all one bedroom (premium or deluxe) has a max occupancy of 4.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
I would call--I have seen somewhere if the 5th person is 4 or under it isn't an issue--I know they will allow a crib or aero bed in that unit. Check out the atlantisfamilyfun.com site as this is maybe where I saw this.

keepgoing

TUG Member
Reaction score
New info in atlantisfamilyfun.com

From this link: http://www.atlantisfamilyfun.com/villas.html

It stated:
For one bedroom deluxe, Our most economical villa, the one-bedroom Deluxe is approximately 550 square feet and sleeps up to four guests. A fifth guest is allowed if a young child.

For one bedroom premium, Our larger one-bedroom Premium villa approximately 960 square feet and sleeps up to 5 guests (a 6th guest is allowed if a young child). A rollaway twin bed can be added at no extra charge

This is a little bit off from what they say in starwoodvo.com. From reading info in atlantisfamilyfun.com, they are private own company who rent out units from owners. If they are advertising 5th person is allowed as long as it is a young child, I would believe it could be done and has been done before, althought they are not official Starwood. All official from starwood would definitely read by the book and tell you no 5th person allow.

Last edited:

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will be OK

Small children such as yours do not need wristbands. You can get 4 towels at one "towel hut" and then go to another hut and get another towel. You will not have any issues - don't ask don't tell. I own 3 weeks at Harborside.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
From this link: http://www.atlantisfamilyfun.com/villas.html

It stated:
For one bedroom deluxe, Our most economical villa, the one-bedroom Deluxe is approximately 550 square feet and sleeps up to four guests. A fifth guest is allowed if a young child.

For one bedroom premium, Our larger one-bedroom Premium villa approximately 960 square feet and sleeps up to 5 guests (a 6th guest is allowed if a young child). A rollaway twin bed can be added at no extra charge

This is a little bit off from what they say in starwoodvo.com. From reading info in atlantisfamilyfun.com, they are private own company who rent out units from owners. If they are advertising 5th person is allowed as long as it is a young child, I would believe it could be done and has been done before, althought they are not official Starwood. All official from starwood would definitely read by the book and tell you no 5th person allow.

I don't know why you would rely upon the posting of atlantisfamilyfun vs. what you have seen on Starwood. You will be checking in with Harborside employees, not employees of atlantisfamilyfun. You will be getting your wristbands either from Starwood employees or those of Atlantis but in either case, they will be utilizing information provided by Starwood. Do yourself a favour, avoid a potential major problem and contact Starwood. Your vacation is worth a phone call or an email.

iluvwdw

Reaction score
I don't own there, but have gone many times. What I have been told all these years is, if the child is a young child you won't have any problems. (I have been told 3 and under)

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Small children such as yours do not need wristbands. You can get 4 towels at one "towel hut" and then go to another hut and get another towel. You will not have any issues - don't ask don't tell. I own 3 weeks at Harborside.

4 Towels at one hut...and then off to another!??!!? I was always able to request virtually unlimited towels. They personally gave me 8 one day without a question (granted it was for my whole family but they were off getting us chairs). We us one for the chair and one as a pillow...:D

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
ocdb8r ... "I was always able to request virtually unlimited towels."

The question is really not towels. They are plentiful at Harborside.

The question is wrist bands if you want to take the family to use the Atlantis pools and slides. Harborside issues the wrist bands "by the book." When it's really busy, you can probably sneak a tiny kid past the Atlantis watchers without a wrist band. But, what happens if someone notices. There could be an embarrassing hassle where eveyone ends up having a bad time.

I suspect (not an expert) that when Atlantis Family Fun speaks about 5 in a room, they are talking about a cot being furnished for the room for an infant. Infants who would sleep in a cot may not even be toted over to Atlantis. They may stay at Harborside since Atlantis can involve a lot of walking.

But, calling the Harborside number posted in the mystarcentral may be the only (but certainly not definitive; different people; different days; different answers) way to get more information. That and calling Atlantis Family Fun and asking what they mean about 5.

Maybe this blurb I found on the Harborside FAQ explains the difference (size) in the 1-br deluxe and the 1-br premium:

Q: What size is the 1-Bedroom Premium Villa and what amenities are included?

A: A 1-Bedroom Premium Villa is approximately 947 square feet and has a maximum occupancy of five. This is the larger portion of the 2-Bedroom Lockoff Villa. The villa includes:
One king bed in the bedroom
One queen sleeper sofa in the living room
fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, dishwasher, four-burner stovetop, microwave-convection oven
Remote control color/cable television in the living room and bedroom
Video cassette player in the living room
Private Safe
Washer and dryer
Private terrace or balcony with table and chairs

Top of Page | Find Other FAQs

Q: What size is the 1-Bedroom Villa and what amenities are included?

A: A 1-Bedroom Villa ranges in size from approximately 577 square feet to 618 square feet and has a maximum occupancy of four (This is the smaller portion of a 2-Bedroom Lockoff Villa). The villa includes:
One king bed in the bedroom
One full sleeper sofa in the living room
Kitchenette equipped with refrigerator, dishwasher, two-burner stovetop, microwave oven
Remote control color/cable television in the living room and bedroom
Video cassette player in the living room
Private safe
Washer and dryer
Corner unit has a private terrace or balcony with table and chairs

... eom

mkfisher

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been told previously- 3yrs and under -with proof- is the only acceptable "5th" person in a 4 max unit. - Harborside directly