• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New RCI Web Page for Weeks

Running Man

TUG Member
Reaction score
:) Check it out - new RCI Web page for Weeks Owners. Supposingly you can see more inventory. RCI is also revamping their Points web page.

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI

What in the heck have they done? I am trying to do an on-line search for FL & Southeast coastal. I wish RCI would leave their site alone.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
HELP! The new system stinks. And I am seeing WAYYY less :( :( :eek: :mad:

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
*&)&*)(&*)(&^(^

what the heck have they dont - I can't get my ongoing searches to load up to see what is going on.

would be nice if there was some warning about their changes.

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried to put 3 different units on hold......It wouldn't work!! Then I restarted my computer and tried again. Still won't work for me!! GRRRRRRR!!! Won't let me confirm a week either.......:(

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
good heavens....takes 20x more keystrokes

this is just horrid - incredibly slow to load each page, searches for each criteria as you check it ...

i enter Jan 2009, it searches..........1291 available !

i enter skiing, it searches..........281 available

then USA, it searches.............

this is a 5 minute entry........used to take 10 second to enter, and get a nice listing...

it is taking 10 minutes to load up my 15 deposited weeks - EACH TIME I GO TO THE PAGE !!!! and the reference numbers are gone !!

what are they thinking????

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a disaster this is! I can't even get the search pages to load! By the time I can see anything, all will be gone! Whoever disigned this one must be a real sadist!

Dori :eek:

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Finally got to my desired resort after a long wait and it won't show me the list of available weeks. It just says the transaction can't be completed at this time and to contact a guide. I've been trying to switch to another deposit, but it doesn't seem to be getting there.

It also gave me a moment of panic when I checked my vacation plans. My Sheraton Vistana exchange was on the list, but showed a checkin date in June 2009, not March. I was in a panic thinking that I had booked the wrong dates. I dug out the printout, which had the right dates. I also clicked on the display confirmation and the dates were right. Thank goodness.

This may be an effort to display availability more like II, where you can see more than 10 weeks at a time. A good idea if they can make it work right.

Sheila

EvelynK72

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the new interface is slower molasses. In Firefox, the text is sometimes all over the place and some functions (such as show 25 resorts at once) just don't work.

But on the other hand, if you have a narrow search - like one resort that you like to go to - you can see availability over a 2 year period. That's cool!

Also with a narrow search - such as one month at a particular location - you can get an idea of the trading power of all your banked weeks.

Lots of bugs have to be worked out though - and an increase in speed is really needed. Meanwhile, I'll be opening up 2 browsers - one with RCI and one with TUG. That way, I can alternate my search with catching up on the news in TUG!!

king1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It worked(very sloowly)for me one time, and now it won't go past the screen where it finally figures out how many total possible exchanges your deposit will pull. That is info I can do without!
When it gets to the point that your choices are listed, the largest number you can display on a page is 25, where you used to be able to choose "all".
Since it won't work at all now, I'm not sure about this, but the one time I went through it, after each time you narrow your search parameters, it makes you wait a long time for it to retrieve those results. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong here!

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I don't know how I am going to post sightings.

But in case you all didn't notice, the filters are not working right now. So if you have an off-season week that doesn't usually pull much, you will find a great vacation, until they figure out their system is messed up. My fall weeks are pulling everything that summer weeks are pulling.

DorotaG

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is horrible, can't get absolutely anything to load. Last night I pulled up several resorts in the area I was interested in, today can't even get through the first 2 screens.
Interestingly, I also went over to the points account and tried to pull up same area as last night and could see anything, not even one for the same time frame. Did they break that too? :shrug:

superdot5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Horrible

Slow......ineffective........confusing........ The only thing missing is a hike in exchange fees. Way to go RCI!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Come on, everyone who is complaining! The system is going to need the kinks ironed out, but for now, you can get a week you won't usually see with the off-season and poor trading weeks. Those filters will be put back in place, and when they do, you will wish you didn't give up on this.

Our RCI rep for Colorado came to our Twin Rivers' annual meeting yesterday here in Denver, and he was talking about the new search system that combined Google with RCI, and I thought, "What is he talking about?" I knew they had the RCI online directory associated with Google maps, but I had no idea they were going to open up the searches to Google.

Could be a lot of people hanging in the system to check it out, and that would be a reason it would be so slow.

superdot5

TUG Member
Reaction score
15 minutes to do a search. Then when I find something that may work I get this message:
Your transaction cannot be completed at this time. Please call your RCI representative if you need further help.
No good trades for my account.

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saw some outstanding exchanges available this morning while playing around with the new RCI system. Then tried again about an hour later and it is all messed up. Very slow but I think that once they work the kinks out this will work much better than previous system where you could only select two locations with a maximum window of ten days.

I hope I won't be sorry that I didn't confirm something this morning when I had the opportunity but right now I only have 1 week available to play around with so didn't want to commit.:wave: :whoopie: :cheer:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Larry, I am sure you saw what I saw earlier today. The system was slow, but it wasn't quite as slow as it is now.

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
reconfirms

the filters are working AND there are no more reconfirms......

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
15 minutes to do a search. Then when I find something that may work I get this message:
Your transaction cannot be completed at this time. Please call your RCI representative if you need further help.
No good trades for my account.

I hate to say this but you need to sign out and sign back in. I was getting the same message and logging out and signing back in seemed to cure the problem.

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
when i finally get in, i get some good trades, but then i go to confirm and am told no longer available....

urple2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Signing back in, didn't work for me... It is sad, everytime they work on this site, it becomes a mess... so much for online searching, until they get it resolved.:mad:

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
superdot -

i get the same message - its like you can see the stuff thats out there, but wont allow a confirm or hold

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am using Internet Explorer, and I am able to confirm. I actually confirmed two weeks on Maui for the spring, with blue weeks.

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
on ie - no luck

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!!!

I just did it confirmed with my last week to trade with and got Allen House in London. First I didn't want it since it was November 28th, 2009 and we wanted thanksgiving week but talked to my wife and we can leave on Thursday night, Thanksgiving day when we are both off from work on Friday the day after Thanksgiving. We will need 1 night reservation somewhere probably at the airport and then a week in London at Allen House:cheer: . Got a 1BR unit # 21 on confirmation.

I first went back on line and put the unit on hold but could not confirm and needed to call RCI. Very strange because I couldn't even see the hold on line but when I called RCI guide he said he could see the unit on hold and confirmed it for us.

Next step is going to be using FF miles with United to on first day that I can try to get the airline tickets 330 days out.:banana:

TUG is the best since I only went on line this morning just to play with the new system then couldn't resist this trade.:hi:

Last edited: