Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting > Bargain Deals

Bargain Deals Items posted here MUST be "Bargain deals" as decided by the membership. Not limited to Timeshares! Posts and threads subject to removal if deemed inappropriate or blatant advertising!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old September 19, 2008, 06:25 PM   #1
TUGBrian
Administrator

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 24, 06
Bargain Deals Forum Rules

Added Feb. 12, 2012 - Per TUG Brian: Please do not post "want Ads" in the Bargain Deals Forum. This forum is for those wanting to give things away. - Thanks, DeniseM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/12/13 - Please don't post rentals in the Bargain Deals Forum - we already have other areas for rentals:

-TUG Marketplace (any date - any price.)
-Last Minute Rentals ($100 per night or less - 45 days or less.)

Thanks,
DeniseM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, we are going to try something new in hopes that it will work out and not turn into a fiasco

What this forum will serve as, is a place for members to post "smoking deals" on anything from Timeshares, to taco toppings. I dont care what it is, as long as it is a "smoking deal" it can go here.

You are permitted to post your own timeshare ads, however if the asking price or rental price is not a "smoking deal" your ad is subject to removal!

Who will decide...well the members of course. While some "deals" will be painfully obvious, many others will fall to the fate of the people! If the masses say your post isnt a smoking deal...then OFF WITH ITS HEAD!

This forum will of course be subject to abuse, however I hope that it will be kept to a minimum to allow this forum to continue. If not, Ill shut it off and consider it a lesson learned!

Please use your best judgement when posting "smoking deals" and ENSURE YOU WORD THE TITLE ACCORDINGLY.

"Residence club avaria week 52/penthouse, Free to good owner!" is a valid title for a smoking deal

as would be

"Woot.com selling 60GB ipods for $99.99 today only!"

"buy my timeshare" is not

This forum will also serve as a place to move posts that may be borderline advertisements from other forums.

YOU MUST BE A TUG MEMBER TO VIEW/POST IN THIS FORUM!

enjoy!

Last edited by DeniseM; October 12, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
TUGBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2008, 05:55 PM   #2
applegirl
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 28, 07

Resorts: Marriott Shadow Ridge, Palm Desert
This will be cool!

Brian,

I think this is a great idea. Can't wait to see what deals people post. I hope it's not abused much though. Would hate to lose something fun and useful like this due to a few knuckle heads. I think limiting it to TUG members will help.

Keep up the good work!

Janna
applegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2008, 06:29 PM   #3
susieq

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 8, 05

Resorts: Bay Voyage, Jamestown,R.I.
Sounds like a great idea that could work very well. Here's to its success!!
susieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2008, 10:34 PM   #4
MULTIZ321
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: CELEBRITY RESORTS PALM COAST; CELEBRATION, ORLANDO; SEAWATCH AT ISLAND CLUB, HHI; RHC (POINTS)
Brian,

I saw the title of your post and thought the subject was about smoking cigarettes, pipes and/or cigars ...

suggest considering a change in titles - e.g., Red Hot Deals

Richard
MULTIZ321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2009, 12:55 PM   #5
TUGBrian
Administrator

TUG Lifetime Member

well this forum has been hidden for awahile, so I figure ill give it a shot this week as something new.

Ive seen more and more threads regarding cheap or freebie timeshares or other bargains, and we are trying to allow this sort of topic to discuss, without violating the no advertising rule.

so for now, we are going to try this out and see if we can make it work. This will ONLY be temporary unless it works out. If it just turns into a nightmare for me to moderate, ill shut it off and we will go back to the way things were.
Old March 27, 2009, 12:56 PM   #6
TUGBrian
Administrator

TUG Lifetime Member

This will also serve as the place to ask "is this a good deal or not" for those of you who happen to be looking for items for sale or rent!
Old March 27, 2009, 11:27 PM   #7
TUGBrian
Administrator

TUG Lifetime Member

I find it extremely unlikely that the people posting these ads are pricing them that way to "lure" unsuspecting individuals to pay that much, vs just not actually realizing the actual value of a timeshare in the resale market.
Old April 6, 2009, 05:15 PM   #8
icydog

TUG Member

Resorts: Disney's Old Key West, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Marriott Monarch and Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve
Love it--Way cool!!!-- Thanks Brian.
Old April 7, 2009, 12:53 AM   #9
pammex
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 18, 07

Resorts: Attitash Mountain Village New Hampshire (2), Royal Villas Mazatlan, Mexico; Pacifica Aqua Penthouse Ixtapa/Zih. Mexico;
Sounds great Brian....thanks!
pammex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2009, 10:09 AM   #10
Talent312

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 4, 07

Resorts: HGVC, Gatlinburg
A thought: Since this forum pertains to "anything from Timeshares to taco toppings," should it be in the "Timesharing" part of the board? Perhaps it would be more at home next to the "TUG Lounge" section. ... Not that I have an oar in this boat.
Talent312 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2009, 12:37 PM   #11
TUGBrian
Administrator

TUG Lifetime Member

the intention was for it to be "travel" type deals...but im not opposed to deals that anyone finds useful.

My goal was to provide more exposure for timeshares and such that people are truly looking to find a new home for...and not make any profit on. Ie just get out of their timeshare.

this is just a trial run...as many a person feels this will just end up being abused by people trying to post free ads and such vs putting them in the proper place on the marketplace.

id just like to see how it goes...sofar it's worked out really well!
Old February 1, 2012, 03:41 PM   #12
dunnock

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 20, 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUGBrian View Post
the intention was for it to be "travel" type deals...but im not opposed to deals that anyone finds useful.

My goal was to provide more exposure for timeshares and such that people are truly looking to find a new home for...and not make any profit on. Ie just get out of their timeshare.

this is just a trial run...as many a person feels this will just end up being abused by people trying to post free ads and such vs putting them in the proper place on the marketplace.

id just like to see how it goes...sofar it's worked out really well!
So where do we post our red hot deals? dunnock
dunnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2012, 03:53 PM   #13
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, 3 X Kauai Beach Villas, Edinburg Residence
Here is the Bargain Deals Forum - http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Recommended format - http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

Please be aware that if your "red hot deal," isn't very cheap or free, it probably doesn't qualify for this forum. (Most timeshares are selling for 0-10% of original retail these days)

my webpage
DeniseM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2012, 09:50 PM   #14
TUGBrian
Administrator

TUG Lifetime Member

please do not post "want" ads here, this is for people trying to give away deals...

we have a wish ad section for want ads. (as well as a last minute rental section)
Old October 12, 2013, 01:13 PM   #15
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, 3 X Kauai Beach Villas, Edinburg Residence
Please don't post rentals is the Bargain Deals Forum - Post Rentals in the Marketplace, or the Last Minute Rental Forum. Thanks!

my webpage
DeniseM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2013, 08:31 PM   #16
BMWguynw

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 1, 06

Resorts: Kauai Beach Villas
Wrong place. Sorry.

Last edited by BMWguynw; December 14, 2013 at 08:34 PM.
BMWguynw is offline   Reply With Quote