• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVN registration fee waived for SDO owners

jhm40cu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I just got an owner newsletter in e-mail from Starwood Vacation Ownership. On the second section of 'What's Inside,' it reads, "$599 registration fee waived for eligible owners joining Starwood vacation network.' It also mentions that the process can be done electronically now and the promotion is until the end of Oct for the owners of the following resorts:

Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Sheraton Desert Oasis, Scottsdale, Arizona
Sheraton Mountain Vista, Avon/Vail, Colorado
Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort, Port St. Lucie, Florida
Sheraton Vistana Resort, Orlando, Florida (Lakes and Cascades phases)
Lakeside Terrace, Vail, Colorado

It did not mention whether it is only applicable for the owners who bought their T/S from SVO or people who bought resales. Do any of you know if resale owners can also participate in this promotion?

BTW, does everyone who owns mandatory SVN resorts receive the wekkly owner newsletter from SVO or just people who directly bought their T/S from SVO? Just curious...

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe resale owners who purchased before a certain time can partake. If you are interested just join, and wait for them to tell you otherwise.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I just got an owner newsletter in e-mail from Starwood Vacation Ownership. On the second section of 'What's Inside,' it reads, "$599 registration fee waived for eligible owners joining Starwood vacation network.' It also mentions that the process can be done electronically now and the promotion is until the end of Oct for the owners of the following resorts:

Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Sheraton Desert Oasis, Scottsdale, Arizona
Sheraton Mountain Vista, Avon/Vail, Colorado
Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort, Port St. Lucie, Florida
Sheraton Vistana Resort, Orlando, Florida (Lakes and Cascades phases)
Lakeside Terrace, Vail, Colorado

It did not mention whether it is only applicable for the owners who bought their T/S from SVO or people who bought resales. Do any of you know if resale owners can also participate in this promotion?

BTW, does everyone who owns mandatory SVN resorts receive the wekkly owner newsletter from SVO or just people who directly bought their T/S from SVO? Just curious...

It's posted on Star Central(I'm a voluntary owner at LT). Here's what it says at the very bottom.

Eligible Owners include Owners who purchased their ownership directly from Starwood Vacation Ownership (and not through a third-party resale company) at the Lakes and Cascades phases of Sheraton Vistana Resort, Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Sheraton Mountain Vista and Lakeside Terrace. To verify your eligibility, please call 888.619.2988.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
"BTW, does everyone who owns mandatory SVN resorts receive the wekkly owner newsletter from SVO or just people who directly bought their T/S from SVO? Just curious..".

If your talking about the" A better way to see the world newsletter" that is a Monthly news letter( when it comes out on time) that is always posted on Mystarcentral under "news" you can log in and see current and back issues.On the Mycentral mailbox you can set the preferences so this news letter gets emaiiled to you.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
SVN Offer Covers Some Resale Buyers

It's posted on Star Central(I'm a voluntary owner at LT). Here's what it says at the very bottom.

Eligible Owners include Owners who purchased their ownership directly from Starwood Vacation Ownership (and not through a third-party resale company) at the Lakes and Cascades phases of Sheraton Vistana Resort, Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Sheraton Mountain Vista and Lakeside Terrace. To verify your eligibility, please call 888.619.2988.

http://www.starwoodvacationownershi...news_svnenrollment_v2_i8_joinsvnenroll#detail

CeeWoo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Special Note for Resale Owners: Owners who purchased their Unit Weeks from independent resale sources ("resale units") and not directly from Starwood Vacation Ownership will only be eligible to enroll their resale unit if the purchase was completed by December 31, 2007 and a copy of the recorded warranty deed was provided to Starwood Vacation Ownership by March 31, 2008. Resale units may only be enrolled during the limited-time enrollment period, which expires on October 1, 2008. After that time, this offer is void, and Owners will no longer be eligible to enroll any resale unit into Starwood Vacation Network

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Special Note for Resale Owners: Owners who purchased their Unit Weeks from independent resale sources ("resale units") and not directly from Starwood Vacation Ownership will only be eligible to enroll their resale unit if the purchase was completed by December 31, 2007 and a copy of the recorded warranty deed was provided to Starwood Vacation Ownership by March 31, 2008. Resale units may only be enrolled during the limited-time enrollment period, which expires on October 1, 2008. After that time, this offer is void, and Owners will no longer be eligible to enroll any resale unit into Starwood Vacation Network

THIS IS BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!

It just wouldn't be SVO if it didn't seriously mess with its program on a daily basis.

It would appear that our good friends at SVO Management have temporarily opened the flood gates to all resale purchasers of SVO voluntary resorts who purchased before the end of last year (i.e., Not just the Fountains and Beach Club Owners for whom this language was originally written).

As a "requaller" of a resale SDO, I'm feeling the SVO love. Congrats all of you wise resale purchases that weren't duped into buying a developer unit in order to requalify a resale.

So what we can we learn from this?

Answer: Anyone who is thinking of buying a developer unit in order to requalify a resale (purchased after Dec 31, 2007) should just wait a while for this deal to come around again, and anyone who is currently in the process of buying a developer unit (or still within the rescission period) for purposes of requalifying a resale purchased before Dec 31, 2007 should put the brakes on that deal immediately!!!

-nodge

Last edited:

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My resale units (with the exception of one dog!) trade better in Interval than they would in SVN, which is why I've never requal'd and wouldn't accept this offer.

Not that I like to say "I told you so" :D , but I've been predicting for years that Starwood would do this as soon as the economy got tough. Next will be an increase in fees (e.g., $59 to convert to StarOptions).

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score

this is correct, the info about ownership before dec. 31, 2007 pertains to vistana beach club and fountains II owners only. they are the only ones able to belong to the SVN even if they purchased resale not the others listed above.

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score

this only for owners at vistana beach club and the fountainsII timeshares. all other resales are not being allowed to enter the svn.

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Abound Chairman (SMV; SDO; SBP; Lakeside Terrace, Willow Ridge). HGVC, Worldmark. RCI points

Where did you find this language? I don't see it on My Star Central.

Importantly, does that ability to requalify resale purchases apply to all the listed resorts, or just SVR?

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they left certain places, like WMH, out? Any ideas?

CeeWoo

TUG Member
Reaction score

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
I think we're getting two different offers confused. There's the offer that went out to Fountains I & II and Vistana Beach Club owners:

http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/joinsvn/faqs.jsp

This is the offer that allows some resale units into SVN (those purchased before the end of 2007--scroll down to "Special Note for Resale Buyers"):

http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/joinsvn/enroll.jsp

There is now also an offer to original owners of voluntary resorts (SBP, SDO, etc.) who bought pre-Starwood and did not take advantage of an earlier opportunity to enroll:

http://starwoodvacationownership.com/enrollsvn?im=svo_svo_svninvite_0708_enroll

This offer does not allow resale units into SVN (scroll down to "Special Note for Resale Buyers"):

http://starwoodvacationownership.com/enrollsvn/enroll.jsp

Glorian