• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancun to Merida??

daveyboy3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once again I am looking to the experize of my fellow tuggers. We are going to Cancun In November and have booked a week at the Casillano? in Merida. What is the best way to get to Merida from Cancun. We know where the ADO terminal is. Any ideas where we can access the bus shedules, types of buses, and cost to get to Merida. I also assume that once at the Merida bus station I will need a cab to get to the hotel. Thanks for any info anyone can provide. Dave C.

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We drove it years ago before the super highway and during a hurricane. I would not recommend driving. Bus would be best.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Darned if I know. We had a rental car last time we were there, and there's a good toll road between the two. Very little traffic- the locals drive the free 2-lane. Seems to me about a 3 hour drive with sightseeing breaks. Merida streets are laid out in a grid- sort of- and pretty easily navigable especially if your spouse is a decent map reader.

Merida is an interesting city, and not too touristy. Enjoy....

Jim Ricks

CatLovers

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Buses in Mexico are comfortable and easy

Any ideas where we can access the bus shedules, types of buses, and cost to get to Merida. I also assume that once at the Merida bus station I will need a cab to get to the hotel.

I have the website for the bus schedules and prices bookmarked on my desktop, but ... I am on the road and working off a laptop so I can't look it up for you. I will be back in my office on Thursday, so if no other TUGger has tracked it down for you by then, PM me and I'll send it to you. The site does occasionally go down for no specified reason, but when it's up, it also lets you buy your tickets online.

I recommend the bus for sure. I am pretty sure that both the deluxe and executive versions run on this route, and they are comfortable and well-equipped (as far as buses go). In January we were coming from another location (Chetumal) to Merida and we caught the overnight bus - left at around midnight and got into Merida at about 6 AM. I pretty much slept the entire way through.

Yes, once you are at the Merida bus station, your best bet is to get a cab to your hotel. They are inexpensive and easily available. Btw, not sure how long you are in Merida for, but if you have a day, take a trip to the coast to Progresso.