• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Websites for Exchange Companies

Bill4728

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Here's some more to add to the list:

Vacation Resorts International - http://www.vrivacations.com/

Royal Holiday - http://www.royal-holiday.com/

Shell Vacations Club - http://www.shellvacationsclub.com/index.jsp

Platinum Interchange - http://www.platinuminterchange.com/website/index.asp

GeoHoliday Vacation Club - http://www.geoholiday.com/

Woldwide Timeshare Exchange - http://www.timeshare-exchange.co.uk/

WorldMark, The Club - http://www.worldmarktheclub.com/

WorldMark Owners Community Website - http://www.wmowners.com/WMOwners/web/home.php

Bluegreen Resorts - http://www.bluegreenonline.com/

Richard

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to put this info somewhere for future refernce?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This thread is already a "sticky" at the top of the Exchanging Board - so it won't "age" off the board.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are the main websites for most exchange companies mentioned on TUG

www.RCI.com __________RCI
www.Intervalworld.com __Interval International

Independent Exchange Companies:

www.daelive.com _______ Dial an Exchange
www.tradingplaces.com __ Trading Places
www.htse.net _________ Hawaii Timeshare Exchange
www.platinuminterchange.com _ Platinum Interchange
www.sfx-resorts.com _______ The San Francisco Exchange

www.RedWeek.com _________ RedWeek

Just out of curiousity, why are the ones that are not RCI or II classified as "independent"?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just out of curiousity, why are the ones that are not RCI or II classified as "independent"?

Because they are not affiliated with the major timeshare companies - thus they are independent. RCI and II have formal agreements/affiliations with most timeshares.

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill4728

One very nice exchange company is Trading Places Maui --- www.tpmaui.com ---

They are physically located on the Island of Maui, and are connected with Maui Hill ---at least they get availability there.

And, the "other" Trading Places exchange company is actually Trading Places Internaitonal, with the website of -- www.tradingplaces.com ---.

Tony

Picker57

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thoughts about depositing with an independent?

We'd like to reserve, and then deposit, a prime week that we can then use for an undetermined exchange in the future. We'd also like NOT to use RCI. Any observations / suggestions about the independents? I realize they all have their strengths & weaknesses (Redweek seems to give a pretty good 'bang for the buck', but how much inventory variety do they have?). Any good/bad experiences? Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations.

----Zach

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In my opinion, Redweek's exchange program has been a flop. They hardly every get any quality weeks, the number of deposits is low, and the points they give for a TS has declined steadily. I would consider one of the more established exchange companies. See the info. posted at the top of the forum.

For your Hawaii resorts, I'd definitely use Hawaii Timeshare Exchange.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Grand Pacific Exchange (GPX)

From their website:
As an owner with Grand Pacific Resorts, you have exchange privileges with our own family of resorts as well as with over fifty other spectacular luxury resorts. Through GPX, you can deposit your use week and decide when and where you want to travel anytime in the next two years!

Exchange Requests can be made easily online or by calling (866) 325-6295

Link to Current Inventory:
http://www.gpxvacations.com/

Link to Deposit Form:
https://www.grandpacificresorts.com/owners/gpx_use_week_deposit.aspx

Link to Exchange Request Form:
https://www.grandpacificresorts.com/owners/gpx_exchange_request.aspx

Link to Discounted Bonus Weeks:
http://www.gpxvacations.com/discounted-bonus-weeks.html

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise - That confirms an impression I'd been forming. I'd been trying to figure out how to leverage a prime location week into multiple weeks, but if the 'multiple weeks' aren't in any place I want to go....moot point. Will keep browsing the others. Any/all recommendations are welcome and appreciated.

Zach

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We'd like to reserve, and then deposit, a prime week that we can then use for an undetermined exchange in the future. We'd also like NOT to use RCI. Any observations / suggestions about the independents? I realize they all have their strengths & weaknesses (Redweek seems to give a pretty good 'bang for the buck', but how much inventory variety do they have?). Any good/bad experiences? Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations.

----Zach

I recommend San Francisco Exchange if you have a prime week to deposit. I have used SFX exclusively for 13 years and been very happy. I have made exchanges to prime resorts in Hawaii, New York City, Las Vegas, Scottsdale, Sedona, Cancun, Riviera Maya, Nuevo Vallarta, and several other places.

Reaction score
Platinum Interchange offers one exchange and two bonus weeks for a week deposited 11 months out. You can join for free and view their availability prior to depositing.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Thought I'd add an option for DVC members.

Buena Vista Trading Company Exchanges, that trades for DVC members into Club Cordial and Club Intrawest. :) You have to call member services to do the exchanges and there is an exchange fee.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Thoughts about depositing with an independent?

----Zach
We do NOT use RCI. We prefer the indpendents. We enjoy SFX or Platinum Interchange. Although PI has a more limited inventory, we still have found some of our very best exchanges from them, and right now
a special is on called Triple Play until March 11. That means 2 bonus weeks for one deposit. And with 120 days to exchange a bonus week and anything in the inventory is available. Deposits are good for 2 years but can be extended for a nominal fee.

No membership fee and the exchange fee is $129 domestic, $149 foreign.

Thus your exchange would be your maintenance fee/3 plus $129 for each week.

PI will take any resort. SFX takes only Gold Crown levels.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Platinum Interchange offers one exchange and two bonus weeks for a week deposited 11 months out. You can join for free and view their availability prior to depositing.
I'll second that! (see my other posts about that - right now a special is on until the 11th - 2 bonus weeks for one deposit.)

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We do NOT use RCI. We prefer the indpendents. We enjoy SFX or Platinum Interchange. Although PI has a more limited inventory, we still have found some of our very best exchanges from them, and right now
a special is on called Triple Play until March 11. That means 2 bonus weeks for one deposit. And with 120 days to exchange a bonus week and anything in the inventory is available. Deposits are good for 2 years but can be extended for a nominal fee.

No membership fee and the exchange fee is $129 domestic, $149 foreign.

Thus your exchange would be your maintenance fee/3 plus $129 for each week.

PI will take any resort. SFX takes only Gold Crown levels.

How does one become informed when Platinum Interchange runs these specials?

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because they are not affiliated with the major timeshare companies - thus they are independent. RCI and II have formal agreements/affiliations with most timeshares.

With the independent exchange companies, the member affiliates with the exchange company, not the resort affiliating with the exchange company. There are a few exceptions to that rule. Sloane Garden Court timeshare in London was RCI affiliated until RCI went to points. Sloane Garden Court then disaffiliated with RCI and affiliated with SFX. A now defunct independent exchange company, whose name I do not recall, also built a timeshare resort at a chateau in France. I do not know what happened to that resort when the exchange company was sold and its new owners changed the nature of its business.

One exchange company not in this thread is the third oldest timeshare exchange company in the world, the United Kingdom Resort Exchange (URKE) which has been doing timeshare exchanges since 1991. They only handle exchange within the United Kingdom and Ireland. When I had a couple of August weeks at a resort in southern England, I used to get double credits to deposit them with UKRE.
www.ukre.co.uk

Last edited:

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned