• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Systems

ava

Reaction score
I am not sure if I have this post in the right place. Does anyone have any info on this service or company? I found out about this company from people who have recently signed up. It is some kind of deal that if you don't want to use your timeshares in a certain year that they will take that week and pay your MF for that year. I assume they rent it out. You have to pay them a certain fee each year plus an initiation fee of about $2000. The other fee is $89 a year. You can turn over all of your timeshares every year or just the ones you don't want to use. You can also use one of their timeshares they have in their systems.
The name of this company is Holiday Systems.
Any info?

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
I am not sure if I have this post in the right place. Does anyone have any info on this service or company? I found out about this company from people who have recently signed up. It is some kind of deal that if you don't want to use your timeshares in a certain year that they will take that week and pay your MF for that year. I assume they rent it out. You have to pay them a certain fee each year plus an initiation fee of about $2000. The other fee is $89 a year. You can turn over all of your timeshares every year or just the ones you don't want to use. You can also use one of their timeshares they have in their systems.
The name of this company is Holiday Systems.
Any info?
Holiday Systems International is a vacation club that is often sold as an exit program or as an add-on to timeshares in Mexico. Search this BBS for other discussions. Your description is a different slant/take from what we normally hear about this company who, for a fee, provides access to over-supply inventory similar to RCI Last Call and II Getaways.

ava

Reaction score
This is what I read on the paperwork they signed up for. This is how they get their inventory I guess. They take your weeks off your hands and pay your MF for that year on each resort. Let's say your MF is $500 for that year. They then rent your week out for lets say $1200 plus you paid them $2000 for joining. Anyone belong to this?

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what I read on the paperwork they signed up for. This is how they get their inventory I guess. They take your weeks off your hands and pay your MF for that year on each resort. Let's say your MF is $500 for that year. They then rent your week out for lets say $1200 plus you paid them $2000 for joining. Anyone belong to this?

If you've got $2000 to throw in the toilet, you might as well give it to them. Otherwise, consider yourself warned. If you have a week you don't own, put it on ebay and sell it, even if you only get a dollar for it. But don't pay hundreds or thousands to crooks.

ava

Reaction score
They don't buy your week they only take your week for the year. Maybe the following year your use your week or weeks. They don't purchase it they just use it for that year. I haven't signed up for this. This is why I am asking questions because to me it sounds like a scam also.

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
They don't buy your week they only take your week for the year. Maybe the following year your use your week or weeks. They don't purchase it they just use it for that year. I haven't signed up for this. This is why I am asking questions because to me it sounds like a scam also.

Yes, I understood your question.

Yes, it is a scam.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
You gotta ask yourself some questions. They sell this for $30,000 here. If it's worth that, how can they sell it to you for $2K? Page through their site(s) as far as it will let you, you can see that they cater to the resort developer to add 'value' to the developer/resort bottom line. If what they do makes you happy, go for it, after all they are members of ARDA and CARE so they must be legit!

ava

Reaction score
Can you tell me where I can find other information about this company? I want to warn my friends about this. I think they have time to get out of it.

ava

Reaction score
Spence,
From what I see on their website my friends signed up for the maintence fee recovery program. I think they should pay people $2000 for this not the other way around. They get your week for $400 or $500 and turn around and rent it for at least twice that amount maybe more. Plus you pay them $89 a year to try to use their extra weeks at 60 days out.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
Spence,
From what I see on their website my friends signed up for the maintence fee recovery program. I think they should pay people $2000 for this not the other way around. They get your week for $400 or $500 and turn around and rent it for at least twice that amount maybe more. Plus you pay them $89 a year to try to use their extra weeks at 60 days out.
I don't think you sign up for parts of their program, but I'm not a member nor an expert.
HSI membership privileges include:
Breakaway Weeks®: Wholesale condominium lodging
(Guaranteed lowest rates or double-the-difference back in cash)
Burn Weeks®: Last-minute vacation weeks as low as $100
Discount Cruise and Tour packages (Guaranteed Lowest Price)
Up to 50% off at thousands of hotels
Up to 50% off at thousands of golf properties
Multilingual customer service
(Services provided in English, Spanish, French, Italian and German)
Vacation Exchange (Lowest exchange fees, always confirm-first)
Cruise Exchange (Highest consumer value)
Airfare Exchange (HSI exclusive)
Tour Package Exchange (HSI exclusive)
World's only Cash Exchange (Maintenance Fee Recovery Program)

ava

Reaction score
It says on their site that it is $30,000 to belong and yet they only paid $2000. They were asking at the beginning $5700 then they reduced it to $2000. They were in Mexico when they were introduced to this program.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
It says on their site that it is $30,000 to belong and yet they only paid $2000. They were asking at the beginning $5700 then they reduced it to $2000. They were in Mexico when they were introduced to this program.
Isn't this what I told you in posts #2 & #7?

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a member of HSI.

In one of my more weaker moments and less knowlegeable life (before TUG). I joined. I think I paid $1500 for the membership. It has worked ok for me. They used to have $100 and $250 weekly rentals all the time. Just like everything else even the burn weeks have gone up. I did reserve a couple of 2 bedrooms down in Vegas, Club de Solei for $250 for the week and an Orlando for $250 and a few others. They were very competitive when I was pricing cruises for my daughter. I have got back my initial investment in savings and feel ok about the company. I am still paying my yearly fees and use them about once a year. Im sure I will use them more after I retire and more flexible. I think you can get the same thing through RCI, II or SFX without the up front fee. If you want me to send you a current list of thier burn weeks just email me. Hope this helps. If you have already bought, dont feel bad most of us here have made more costly mistakes. Its the price of education.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
I am a member of HSI.

In one of my more weaker moments and less knowlegeable life (before TUG). I joined. I think I paid $1500 for the membership. It has worked ok for me. They used to have $100 and $250 weekly rentals all the time. Just like everything else even the burn weeks have gone up. I did reserve a couple of 2 bedrooms down in Vegas, Club de Solei for $250 for the week and an Orlando for $250 and a few others. They were very competitive when I was pricing cruises for my daughter. I have got back my initial investment in savings and feel ok about the company. I am still paying my yearly fees and use them about once a year. Im sure I will use them more after I retire and more flexible. I think you can get the same thing through RCI, II or SFX without the up front fee. If you want me to send you a current list of thier burn weeks just email me. Hope this helps. If you have already bought, dont feel bad most of us here have made more costly mistakes. Its the price of education.
Thanks for the feedback.