• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hgvc rofr

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Just picked up a 7000 annual Seaworld for $2300, what are the chances it's passes ROFR?
Probably pretty good chance it passes. HGVC does not seem to be buying much if anything back right recently.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please let us know what happens. It would be awesome to learn that prices have dropped that low. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

phil1ben

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but that $2,300 may just be Judi's fee. Sounds like the Seller just wanted out. In any event, if HGVC does not exercise ROFR all are happy.

I thought 2009-10 saw very low prices. Seems that a substantial decrease has occurred even since then.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but that $2,300 may just be Judi's fee. Sounds like the Seller just wanted out. In any event, if HGVC does not exercise ROFR all are happy.

I thought 2009-10 saw very low prices. Seems that a substantial decrease has occurred even since then.

Are Judi charging that much to sell a HGVC timeshare:eek:

Regards

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score

No rofr exercise equals the floor falling out.. buy in will keep falling.

CTighe

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Hilton exercising their ROFR before any contracts have been signed. Now I'm being told that Hilton is going to buy back the unit. They said this over the phone with Judi

elleny76

Reaction score
Congratulations what a great price... ! I paid a lot for mine and still waiting for it..:shrug:

Just picked up a 7000 annual Seaworld for $2300, what are the chances it's passes ROFR?

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are Judi charging that much to sell a HGVC timeshare:eek:

Regards
She charges $2,000. unless the timeshare sells for less than a certain amount, maybe $1500 or $2,000. Then, she only charges $1,000. As someone who has sold through her before and currently has another for sale through her, I can say her pricing is well worth it.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Hilton exercising their ROFR before any contracts have been signed. Now I'm being told that Hilton is going to buy back the unit. They said this over the phone with Judi
I would sign contract as is.. and if she says they exercised demand to see evidence of it..

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
There is no contract for me to sign, Hilton is going into contract.

Might be more to this. My understanding of the process is that you enter into contract and that contract is submitted to HGVC for them to decide if they want to assume your contract. If you didn't enter contract what could have been presented to HGVC?

CTighe

Reaction score
Might be more to this. My understanding of the process is that you enter into contract and that contract is submitted to HGVC for them to decide if they want to assume your contract. If you didn't enter contract what could have been presented to HGVC?

She said she called Hilton to let them know about the sale and they told her then that they will take it.
According to her Hilton just got a huge check for like 23 mil and are aggressively buying back units. That was the 9th over the last month they bought back

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
She said she called Hilton to let them know about the sale and they told her then that they will take it.

According to her Hilton just got a huge check for like 23 mil and are aggressively buying back units. That was the 9th over the last month they bought back

This sounds reasonable to me, they get an annual budget for rofr and are more likely to use it early in the year versus late. I had two pass rofr easily in December.

The best time to buy or sell HGVC is Oct-Dec.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I call bull shiza. ..

If buyer accepted an offer from you, then hilton can not take the contract legally until they exercise rofr.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
There is no contract for me to sign, Hilton is going into contract.

It's disappointing but it doesn't sound right to me. So why was it offered to you at all? If price is so low, why wouldn't the RE agent, just call up Hilton and say I've got a seller who is willing to sell for 'n' dollars, do you want to contract back for it? Does HGVC need a potential buyer, just as a formality for ROFR?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
That is an interesting change, i had not heard of the increase in ROFR activity.. At their last investor presentation Hilton stated they had 6 years of timeshare inventory at the present sales rate...

Seems a bit odd that they would be buying back more right now, particularly with all the new development.. Will be interesting to see of the inventory is up next week when they report earning..

Sorry these deal does not seem to be working out for you, suggest you keep trying as something will go through

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Seth Nock, another recommended broker, told me Hilton is exercising ROFR on platinum units. He's lost 12 in the past month.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Hilton Buying Platinum Units

Seth Nock, another recommended broker, told me Hilton is exercising ROFR on platinum units. He's lost 12 in the past month.

From Hilton's perspective they should be concentrating on buying Platinum units and letting the others go for whatever the market will support. The Platinum units are in the more desirable season and are more desirable to sell. The other units are a harder sell because they give preference to the less desirable season as well as less points to use wherever the points are used. Every owner of the same size unit pays the same maintenance regardless of season. So the number of maintenance paying members is important not what season they own.

bevans

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
hgvc Flamingo, hgvc Paradise
I recently bought a 7000 Flamingo for $3600 which I know will pass rofr since Flamingo does not have this hanging over it's contracts. This will be my third HGVC (2) 7000 and (1) 4800. These are all platinum contracts. The reason I added another is simply because I used to use open season to fill in when I ran short of points. With the new rates using open season in platinum season no longer makes any sense. I ran the numbers and adding more platinum points makes more sense. As an added bonus the Hawaii hotel tax on open season is about 13% versus 3% for using points. Curt

CTighe

Reaction score
Seems like the going rate for 7000 point platinum is $7000, what would you put a value on 7000 point gold season

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
Bevans. Was that you that bought the eBay contract the other day. Man you got a deal