• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Exit Team Consumer Group???

gvic

TUG Member
Reaction score
This Timeshare Exit Team has come to my attention that provides Timeshare services for Owners to "release" them from their contracts ..... does anybody have "experience" with this company???

https://timeshareexitteam.com/

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
This Timeshare Exit Team has come to my attention that provides Timeshare services for Owners to "release" them from their contracts ..... does anybody have "experience" with this company???

https://timeshareexitteam.com/

They advertise that they will "release" you from your timeshare or your money back. This implies up-front fees, which aren't recommended.

You can probably give your TS away here cheaper than they can do it for you. If you still owe on a loan, you are stuck unless you don't mind the credit hit of a foreclosure.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
The fact that Dave Ramsey is endorsing it may make it worth exploring by owners who are not knowledgeable TUG members.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
and pigs fly...

I would suggest to anyone clicking on the link do so in private browser mode unless you want more TS spam. IMO YMMV yada yada yada

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There is no way to be "released," from your contract.

So either you are paying a high fee to an entity that is going to take the deed out of your name and try to sell it. (If it has resale value.)

Or, if it has no resale value, they are a Viking Ship Co., and they are going to deed your timeshare to a bogus LLC and abandon it.

There is no free lunch...

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
The fact that Dave Ramsey is endorsing it may make it worth exploring by owners who are not knowledgeable TUG members.

The fact that Dave Ramsey is getting paid to endorse this company in no way should influence anyone to look into this company.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
they are certainly making the most out of the dave ramsey paid advertising!

and I got no reply from my question submitted to his website about his advice given to timeshare owners....kinda makes me sad.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no way to be "released," from your contract.

So either you are paying a high fee to an entity that is going to take the deed out of your name and try to sell it. (If it has resale value.)

Or, if it has no resale value, they are a Viking Ship Co., and they are going to deed your timeshare to a bogus LLC and abandon it.

There is no free lunch...

He specifically says that they will "force" your resort to take back your timeshare. Maybe he's banking on fish customers who don't know about their resorts' takeback programs.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
in most other of these "cancellation" firms, it tends to be merely an automatic and repeated set of demand letters sent to the resort on your behalf demanding they cancel the owners contract and let them out of their ownership.

this of course will work for any existing resort that already has a deedback program implemented, and thus the customer feels the cancellation company did a "Great job" and it was well worth the huge upfront fee paid.

*sigh