• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do any KAA studios have a full fridge?

Premier

Reaction score
Moving from a 1BR to a studio in the morning and just realized that unlike KAN, the KAA studios have small fridges. I've almost filled up my large fridge in the 1BR. I don't want to throw food away if possible. Are there any exceptions?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Moving from a 1BR to a studio in the morning and just realized that unlike KAN, the KAA studios have small fridges. I've almost filled up my large fridge in the 1BR. I don't want to throw food away if possible. Are there any exceptions?

Sorry, I've only stayed in KAN.
Are you sure about KAA? I would confirm with the front desk at KAA.

Here are some old comparisons. They don't mention a smaller fridge (see below).
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=521693&postcount=13
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146097

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
KAA only has a small fridge. It does have a freezer portion (bottom shelf) that actually works.

Perhaps they could store your food in the coolers at the bell desk. Not convenient but better than losing the food.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You know what's weird about this, I haven't stayed in a studio for awhile, but I'm sure that originally they had full-size refrigerators. Did they take them out?

WKORV_studio_kit2_zps62aa041e.jpg

Last edited:

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
hmm...maybe it is unit dependent. I just stayed in one, and it had a small. But I seem to recall larger ones as well.

The setup of the kitchen for our recent stay was different than your picture, Denise.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
The stufio part of my 2 bedroom last year has a small refrigerator under the counter

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I have photos from 2006 of the WKORV OF Dlx studio - only under-counter refrigerator. I would assume same for Prem studios as well.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the original. WKORV, certain buildings have the small fridges (counter height) in the studios and others have the larger ones. I thought Bldg 2 had the larger fridges, and building 3 had the small ones, but can't remeber exactly. I could have them backwards. I don't know what building 4 has.

What Buidling is that picture from, Denise?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Either building 2 or 3 - I don't remember.

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in building 4 with a small fridge. In the past, we had a 2 bedroom in building 3, and I vaguely remember a full fridge on the studio side, but that is a very vague memory

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just browsing some for sale ads for the Marriotts, which only have small fridges, and one ad said you can request an extra fridge be brought to your room. I wonder if that is a possibility at the Westin for those studio units with the smaller fridge.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I was just browsing some for sale ads for the Marriotts, which only have small fridges, and one ad said you can request an extra fridge be brought to your room. I wonder if that is a possibility at the Westin for those studio units with the smaller fridge.

I highly doubt this - it is not listed as option, and where would it go? They would not allow of exiting the villa be blocked in case of emergency.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Building 3 had full fridge as of a year or two ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you really have too many groceries, try using an inexpensive ice chest for things like cold drinks.

You may also have things in the fridge that aren't really perishable.

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past year, we had a large frig in the studio sides of villas 2530 and 2630. We don't normally use the studio side but had guests for these trips. Would be nice to know which studios have a large frig.

Premier

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I did request a unit with a larger fridge and got one. Its 2316 and the fridge is white and just like the photo Denise posted. I definitely saw that the units on the ground floor of building 3 (where we were last week) had the half height under counter fridges with black appliances so there are definitely two distinct styles in KAA.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
This is good to know....

I thought all of the studios and deluxe one bedrooms at the Starwood-built resorts had the same standard setup washer, dryer and a kitchenette with two burners cooktop, microwave oven, full-size refrigerator, and dishwasher

Here are the room descriptions on the SVO site. I guess I need to pay more attention to the room descriptions ;)

THE WESTIN KA'ANAPALI OCEAN RESORT VILLAS NORTH
STUDIO PREMIUM VILLA
Well-equipped kitchen includes glass cooktop, microwave oven, full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender and dinnerware
Washer and dryer

THE WESTIN KA'ANAPALI OCEAN RESORT VILLAS
STUDIO PREMIUM VILLA
Well-equipped kitchenette includes glass cooktop, microwave oven, refrigerator, dishwasher coffee maker, toaster, blender and dinnerware
Washer and dryer

THE WESTIN PRINCEVILLE OCEAN RESORT VILLAS
STUDIO PREMIUM VILLA
Well-equipped kitchenette with glass cooktop, microwave oven, full-size refrigerator with icemaker, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender and dinnerware
Washer and dryer

Is KAA the exception? Or are there other Starwood-built resorts with a small fridge?
I've only been to KAN and HRA where we had full size refrigerators.

Thanks