• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flash enabled website on Ipad

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for either an ipad or lightweight laptop. I want to use it for web surfing and playing iTunes videos while traveling. One of the bigest hurdles for me is how to handle flash enabled websites. I really hate moble browsers (I have a Galaxy S4 and Motorola Xoom) and have been leaning toward a win 8 laptop. The kids would love to play games on the ipad so if anyone has experience with a flash solution for the ipad it would be great.

Thanks,
Steve

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
There are one or two browsers (Photon comes to mind), that will offer limited flash capabilities an the ipad. Adobe no longer even develops a mobile version of flash, so perhaps its days are numbered...

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know Apple, Google and others have backed the use of HTML 5 as the future, but there seems to be a slow adoption on the web development side.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
You don't need flash for the kids to play games, there are plenty of native iOS games in the App Store..

Sent from my iPad Gen 4 using Tapatalk HD

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not the kids games, but some of my websites. I cant book a room on the dvc website from my Android browser. I'm assuming safari on the ipad would be the same.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not the kids games, but some of my websites. I cant book a room on the dvc website from my Android browser. I'm assuming safari on the ipad would be the same.

What version of Android? What device?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

We have the same issue with hgvc booking. I can get it to work with photon browser, it's a bit clunky but it works. It was not as smooth scrolling, and not as precise clicking buttons or dragging the thumb sliders. I wouldn't buy an iPad to use this solution.

Sent from my iPad Gen 4 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Motorola xoom with ICS and a Galaxy S4 with JB.

Even though Android supposedly stopped supporting Flash, I've had Flash on my Nexus 7 running 4.2 for quite some time. All you need to do is go to the Adobe website and find the latest version of Flash for Android, then install a Flash compatible browser. I use Firefox Beta.

Here's the link to the Flash 11.1 app for Android:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Download the latest (top) Flash 11.1 for Android 4.0 for both of your devices. It works on 4.0 and higher. You have to enable "Unknown Sources" in the settings of your devices since you're not getting the app from Google Play. Once you have the raw Flash app, you just need to download a Flash compatible browser, which Chrome isn't. As I said, I use Firefox Beta, but there are others.

This process doesn't require root or anything complex -- just 2 downloads.

Last edited:

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried that with dolphin browser but I was never happy with it. Maybe I'll try firefox.

I don't really want to move to apple, but they have so much better apps and shows for the kids. Plus we get free digital copies of our movies with the blu-ray packs.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

I just booked a room today using my DVC points on my iPad without any difficulty.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. I get to the screen where you need to scroll down and then check the box to agree to the terms. I can't make the little window scroll. Must be something other than flash that the android brower is messing up.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Have you considered a Chromebook? Chrome automatically updates with the newest flash.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have considered a chrome book, but it doesn't support iTunes. Although, with the chrome books so cheap now days, I could get a ipad and a chromebook for less than some of the ultrabooks I've been looking at. If I get a new laptop, I wanted one with a SSD. Was tempted to get the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro ($999), but it seems to have major color issues.

Fisch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point at Poipu
I have considered a chrome book, but it doesn't support iTunes. QUOTE]

Are you wanting to listen to your iTunes or have the program on the chrome book? If you are just trying to listen to iTunes then Google Music does that. It'll sync up your iTunes library and store the songs in the cloud at no charge.(up to 20,000)
https://play.google.com/about/music/unlock/

I open a chrome browser at work and go to google music and play my library.
https://play.google.com/music/listen#/now

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use iTunes for Movies and TV shows. I rather use another service, like Google play, but they have a very limited selection of disney and Nickelodeon. 90% of the apps from disney are also apple only. I don't need the apps, but it would be a bonus. I've considered a win 8.1 tablet but the surface pro is very expensive and I'm not sure its worth it.