• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2015 MVC Point Chart now posted on website

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
Here is the link to the 2015 DC points chart (hope it works):

https://www.my-vacationclub.com/common/vc/en-us/pdfs/enrollment_legal_docs/points_charts_2015.pdf

I found it by pretending to enroll. It is one of the links on the bottom of the screen where you select the weeks you want to enroll (or in my case told you have no eligible weeks).

It seems that added special holiday weeks for most if not all resorts. The ones I glanced at showed if you stayed the whole week there is no change for the total number of points from any other weeks in the season. They modified the number of points for the weekend/weekday days.

Example 4th of July week at Lakeshore Reserve:

2014 for a 2 BR Standard room from June 6 - Aug. 28
Fri.-Sat 800; Sun.-Thurs. 325; Full week 3225

2015 for a 2 BR Standard room from Jun 5 – Jul 2; Jul 10 – Aug 27
Fri.-Sat 800; Sun.-Thurs. 325; Full week 3225

2015 for a 2 BR Standard room from Jul 3 - Jul 9
Fri. 850; Sat 875; Sun.-Thurs. 300; Full week 3225

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Thank you for finding this and posting this -- interesting that they appear to have separately broken out July 4th at many of the properties -- Maui Ocean Club is 10% to 20% higher for Friday and Saturday, versus normal.

Same comment on Presidents Day weekend -- they've actually increased the points for Sunday and Monday also.

Interesting change to the point chart.

Best,

Greg

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems they've done the same thing at Frenchman's Cove and Ocean Pointe. the July 4th week was the same as any other summer week on the old chart but now they've separated it with the same type of formula. The weekdays are cheaper but the weekends are more expensive. The total week remains the same.

Thanks for pointing this out. It won't affect my usage but it looks like you could save a little by manipulating your stay by starting on a weekday an staying a few days longer and leaving on a weekday.

I can't think of any reason for doing it except to discourage weekend only stays on a holiday.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
For a couple of them, they've premium valued the Thanksgiving days, making the previous Friday/Saturday much cheaper. Interesting - I'm not interested in the T-Day ressie, but the lower point Fri/Sat in Palm Desert is appealing.

Best,

Greg

Mamianka

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a couple of them, they've premium valued the Thanksgiving days, making the previous Friday/Saturday much cheaper. Interesting - I'm not interested in the T-Day ressie, but the lower point Fri/Sat in Palm Desert is appealing.

Best,

Greg

I agree - we printed out the pages to update those we keep in a binder, of the places we use or are interested in. For folks with flexibility - like us retirees - I can see that this could be a boost; with points so low on the *off* days and weeks, you could even come out ahead if you had to pay (gasp - CASH!!) for additional nights, at the same location if doable, or in another place in the same geography. We will give this a better look in the future - we leave for BPT a week from tomorrow, and will also make sure to report back to TUG about the updates, etc.

Anymore, we seldom get to see our kids on *exactly* the day of a holiday - except they invite us for Thanksgiving - so other not-on-the-holiday days might just be what we like! Door closes - window opens, yada yada . . .

Mamianka

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barony is about a flat 5% increase for all days during July 4th week. July 4th full week has no change. So what's the point? (no pun intended)

I was curious to see if Marriott may be tempting me to release my week to points but that's not the case. I will continue to hold it. If discouragement is the motivation then Marriott is really off track, certainly a 5% increase in point spending wouldn't discourage me from anything, similar to your feelings.. It should be encouragement for owners to release it.

It seems they've done the same thing at Frenchman's Cove and Ocean Pointe. the July 4th week was the same as any other summer week on the old chart but now they've separated it with the same type of formula. The weekdays are cheaper but the weekends are more expensive. The total week remains the same.

Thanks for pointing this out. It won't affect my usage but it looks like you could save a little by manipulating your stay by starting on a weekday an staying a few days longer and leaving on a weekday.

I can't think of any reason for doing it except to discourage weekend only stays on a holiday.

Last edited:

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Zero Sum

Is it true that once the points were determined for a resort at the roll out of the DC points system, the total points for the resort cannot be changed, only individual days and weeeks can be changes, and any increase must be balance by offsetting decreases. More importantly, anyone seen this in print?

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it true that once the points were determined for a resort at the roll out of the DC points system, the total points for the resort cannot be changed, only individual days and weeeks can be changes, and any increase must be balance by offsetting decreases. More importantly, anyone seen this in print?

Interesting question and it has been discussed before. I don't think anyone has seen a definitive answer in print but a lot of us have been told by MVCI folks that the resorts can't change the total points at a resort unless they add or subtract units. They can also change by season not just days and weeks.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points

Interesting question and it has been discussed before. I don't think anyone has seen a definitive answer in print but a lot of us have been told by MVCI folks that the resorts can't change the total points at a resort unless they add or subtract units. They can also change by season not just days and weeks.

I have seen it on the Multisite Public Offering Statement (included in my original docs), but it is quiet if it applies to each resort individually, or across all resorts as a whole.

See last paragraph on the attached excerpt.....

Attachments

• MVC Multisite Public Offering Statement.pdf
    628.8 KB · Views: 151

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So it seems they didn't increase the total cost of the week. Just reallocated the point values amongst the says in the July 4th week?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
At some properties what do they mean by standard v deluxe?

Could it be a deluxe ocean front view, or ocean side view or the best view at a resort oppose to a garden view villa over looking a wooded area. This is an excellent question.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
At some properties what do they mean by standard v deluxe?

Not sure about the others, but at Lakeshore Reserve, they have some 2BR units they deem as Deluxe with a double Master Suite feature. It appears both sides of the lock-off have their own living room area (i.e. a door separating that area from the bedroom). If you go to the MVC page for Lakeshore, they list all the room types and call one....
2-bedroom/2-bath deluxe villas*
Double master suites with Lock-Off option

From this link, you can click on Floor Plans and look at the layout for the 2BR Lock-Off with Dual Master Suites. http://www.marriottvacationclub.com/vacation-resorts/marriott-lakeshore-reserve/amenities.shtml

I am assuming the Deluxe 1BR and Deluxe Studios are versions of this room layout.

Last edited:

Mamianka

TUG Member
Reaction score

So - just to clarify - those charts with the tiny print, showing the Platinum, Gold, etc, season at each resort - they have NOTHING to do with trading (that is the TDI in II, right?) - and are basically for sales purposes when Marriott was selling weeks, not points, right? It is plain to us that they do not overlap accurately with any of the charts in *this* discussion. I know that Florida Club still exists, altho we never trade out BPT thru FC - when we want another FC property, we use our MGC, and can start the trade process a year out, not 6 months - we see no value in FC at all. So we have reconciled our previous charts with these new ones, and it is clear that July 4th week, Presidents/Spring Break week, Thanksgiving week, and Christmas and New Years weeks are affected - and not at all resorts. I can see this working to our advantage, since we are free to do what we want, whenever we want - and now can save some points or $$ taking the reduced-point days - which is the same viewpoint of a lot of folks here, So - am I missing something, or is this what it seems to be? I always think of my late FIL, who used to say "I can't recall having forgotten anything . . ."

Thanks,

Mamianka

Last edited:

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Would not worry too much about point values changing.

The points required for the units will not change. Marriott's points system is very much like the Diamond Resorts points system. Both systems have the Sun - Thurs. lower point totals and then higher point requirements on Friday & Sat.

The only way DRI can change point requirements for units is if they significantly change the structure of the units, and even then they keep units that are at the original points price. They have done this at a few resorts, but it has not had any significant impact on availability or accessibility to points owners. I would imagine that Marriott would not change point requirements for the same reasons.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the others, but at Lakeshore Reserve, they have some 2BR units they deem as Deluxe with a double Master Suite feature. It appears both sides of the lock-off have their own living room area (i.e. a door separating that area from the bedroom). If you go to the MVC page for Lakeshore, they list all the room types and call one....
2-bedroom/2-bath deluxe villas*
Double master suites with Lock-Off option

From this link, you can click on Floor Plans and look at the layout for the 2BR Lock-Off with Dual Master Suites. http://www.marriottvacationclub.com/vacation-resorts/marriott-lakeshore-reserve/amenities.shtml

I am assuming the Deluxe 1BR and Deluxe Studios are versions of this room layout.

Thanks for the floor plans.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
NJMOM2 and others, thank you for posting. The Points FAQ has been updated to include the link to the 2015 Points Chart as well as to reflect the discussion here related to reallocations in the charts.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today at my-vacationclub.com sign-in there's a popup window:
Important Owner Notice
HOLIDAY POINTS CHART CHANGES: Beginning in 2015, the nightly points values during certain holiday weeks will vary, depending on the day on which the holiday falls. However, the total points value for the overall week will remain unchanged. For details, click here [link to 2015 Points Chart] or call 888-682-4862.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did they lower points needed for other days/weeks?

Yes, as can be seen in the July 4th holiday week example given by NJMOM2 in her first post here.