Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Wyndham Resorts

Wyndham Resorts Discussion of Wyndham Timeshare Systems: Club Wyndham, Wyndham Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations, Equivest, Pahio, Trendwest & Cendent

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old May 14, 2013, 09:43 AM   #1
rdiamond62

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 19, 11
Bonnet Creek "Owner's Workshop"

Just completed the 45 minute owner's workshop (sales presentation) at Bonnet Creek and proud to say that I kept them at the 45 minute mark. It is always fun to take money from the good folks at Wyndham while they call my resale contract basically worthless. I reminded him that he is not saying much for Bonnet Creek as my "worthless" contract got me here. That just made him more upset and I enjoyed it that much more. All and all, I know that these updates are not for everyone and some say it is a waste of vacation time but I find the look on the salesman's face when he realizes that he is wasting his time and knowing I have to get paid......"Priceless".
Oh well, off to enjoy the day and it is not even 10am yet.

Rich

PS- The breakfast wasn't that bad this time.
rdiamond62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2013, 10:16 AM   #2
comicbookman

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 2, 13

Resorts: Many Wyndham deeds. Plat. VIP (before I found TUG & resale) Total over 2,000,000 points. (have a large extended family)
We always attended the ones in Williamsburg (until they stopped asking us). They paid $75 and had catered food that was often exceptional. Some of the people there were true weasels, but some were pleasant and taught us a few booking tricks.
comicbookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2013, 10:33 AM   #3
richjester

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 29, 11

Resorts: Seven Different Wyndham Properties Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
This March we stayed in Williamsburg for Spring Break. It snowed on Sunday, and was cold & miserable on Monday. We went to our "Update" on Monday and were there about an hour. The sales staff seemed well resigned to our disinterest in buying more. The lunch provided was very nice, and we were rewarded with $80 for time we would have used for nothing else.

It hasn't always been so easy.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:54 AM   #4
comicbookman

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 2, 13

Resorts: Many Wyndham deeds. Plat. VIP (before I found TUG & resale) Total over 2,000,000 points. (have a large extended family)
then there is Atlantic city. They only give out $30 - $50 and I think that is were wyndham sends it's biggest weasels.
comicbookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2013, 03:20 PM   #5
rdiamond62

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 19, 11
Bonnet offered $100 Amex card or $125 Bonnet money. I took the Amex.
rdiamond62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2013, 03:52 PM   #6
mnmrsjjp

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 16, 13

Resorts: Wyndham Canterbury San Francisco Starwood SVR, SVV
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbookman View Post
then there is Atlantic city. They only give out $30 - $50 and I think that is were wyndham sends it's biggest weasels.
I totally agree that the biggest weasels are at Atlantic City. However, we got $100 for going to be abused.
Old May 14, 2013, 08:12 PM   #7
Debbyd57
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Fairfield 715,000 points
We always used to go to the ones that paid cash or gift cards until we were put on their "bad" list and they stopped asking us. Usually we knew more than the sales weasels but every now and then they surprised us and we learned something (not too often). We have had a couple good breakfasts from them.
Debbyd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2013, 08:24 PM   #8
ntcfm1

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 17, 13

Resorts: Wyndham Bonnet Creek Wyndham Kona Hawaiian
while they call my resale contract basically worthless

I love when they do this. What they refuse to understand is buying at retail is virtually worthless. I love asking them "What is Wyndham doing to protect the value of my points?" and looking at the blank expression on their faces.

I can do everything I want to do with my BC points (acquired from Wyndham long ago) as I can with my Kona Hawaiian points I got resale. Everything.

Worthless? Hardly. Perhaps Wyndham should rely less on gimmicks and hard sell tactics that should stay on the used car lot, and more on providing value for the owners they have.

Yeah, right!
ntcfm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 08:31 AM   #9
ronparise

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 10, 11

Resorts: Wyndham, Worldmark, and weeks in New Orleans, San Antonio, New Mexico and Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdiamond62 View Post
Just completed the 45 minute owner's workshop (sales presentation) at Bonnet Creek and proud to say that I kept them at the 45 minute mark. It is always fun to take money from the good folks at Wyndham while they call my resale contract basically worthless. I reminded him that he is not saying much for Bonnet Creek as my "worthless" contract got me here. That just made him more upset and I enjoyed it that much more. All and all, I know that these updates are not for everyone and some say it is a waste of vacation time but I find the look on the salesman's face when he realizes that he is wasting his time and knowing I have to get paid......"Priceless".
Oh well, off to enjoy the day and it is not even 10am yet.

Rich

PS- The breakfast wasn't that bad this time.
You got a good, or at least an experienced salesman....The new guys believe that with the right approach they can turn a no into a sale. The guys that know what they are doing, when they understand that you wont be buying, want to be done with you and move on to fresh meat.

By the way, I like the sales experience, Im a salesman myself and never fail to learn something...I view these things as advanced training for salesmem. But on my last 3 visits to Bonnet Creek,(also Star Island) they wouldnt even schedule me for an up date.....I think Ive developed a reputation

my website

my other website

Last edited by ronparise; May 15, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
ronparise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 09:22 AM   #10
simpsontruckdriver

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 24, 11

Resorts: Star Island
The reason Sales Weasels can call resale "worthless" is because there is no financial worth. If you buy Wyndham for $100 on eBay (not including closing/transfer fees), you'll be lucky to get $1 for it.

On the other hand, if you buy a Disney Vacation Club for $10k, you won't lose value, since they're going for that much regardless of whether or not the previous owner bought Direct (developer) or Resale.

TS
simpsontruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 09:45 AM   #11
Rent_Share

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 10, 05

Resorts: WorldMark 15K
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbookman View Post

Wyndham hires locally

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -George Carlin
Rent_Share is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 09:50 AM   #12
Rent_Share

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 10, 05

Resorts: WorldMark 15K
If you buy Wyndham for $100 on eBay (not including closing/transfer fees), you'll be lucky to get $1 for it.

On the other hand, if you buy a Disney Vacation Club Wyndham Vacation Ownership for $10k, $15 K you won't lose value, since they're going for that much regardless of whether or not the previous owner bought Direct (developer) or Resale. you'll will still\be lucky to get $1 for it.

Both are worthless

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -George Carlin
Rent_Share is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 09:51 AM   #13
MFT

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 1, 08

Resorts: 210K Bi-annual Wyndham La Belle Maison, 77K Wyndham Smokey Mtn, 84K Wyndham Nashville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent_Share View Post
Wyndham hires locally
Not always, as the last few salespeople we met with came from other Wyndhams. They move around if they want, especially to the newer resorts. The one I saw at Smugglers had worked at Smokey Mtn, Bonnett Creek, and a few others. Had been with Wyndham for about ten years, and he said he loved the opportunity to move to new locations every few years.
MFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 01:05 PM   #14
Myxdvz
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 31, 11

Resorts: DVC (BLT), Wyndham (CWA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent_Share View Post
If you buy Wyndham for $100 on eBay (not including closing/transfer fees), you'll be lucky to get $1 for it.

On the other hand, if you buy a Disney Vacation Club Wyndham Vacation Ownership for $10k, $15 K you won't lose value, since they're going for that much regardless of whether or not the previous owner bought Direct (developer) or Resale. you'll will still\be lucky to get $1 for it.

Both are worthless
I totally misread this and was going to start asking you to point me to $1 DVC resales!
Myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 01:37 PM   #15
timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 11, 05

Resorts: Now Cypress Pointe w/Diamond Club,Cove@Yarmouth Former: RCI Points Rayburn Country, DVC/Wyndham - Wastegate gone gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsontruckdriver View Post
The reason Sales Weasels can call resale "worthless" is because there is no financial worth. If you buy Wyndham for $100 on eBay (not including closing/transfer fees), you'll be lucky to get $1 for it.

On the other hand, if you buy a Disney Vacation Club for $10k, you won't lose value, since they're going for that much regardless of whether or not the previous owner bought Direct (developer) or Resale.

TS
This is an untrue assumption. The older these rtu type ownerships get the less use years are left & fees keep rising. Already DVC has started cutting prices as resales with only X years left simply aren't worth as much as those with 40+ years remaining. And of course if you hold on too long the DVC value is also zero as it reverts back to Disney for nothing back to the long term fee payer.

ADOPT A TIMESHARE!
BUY RESALE!

Proudly Microsoft & Apple free with WebOS, Droid Samsung S4 & Verizon Wireless - DW w/Chromebook

timeos2 is offline   Reply With Quote