• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHV studios

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Anyone have any experience with the studios at HHV, how are they? Waikiki isn't someplace that I would want to do a lot of cooking so not having a full kitchen doesn't seem like that big a deal?

Ian

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Anyone have any experience with the studios at HHV, how are they? Waikiki isn't someplace that I would want to do a lot of cooking so not having a full kitchen doesn't seem like that big a deal?

Ian

I almost always stay in a studio. Since I don't cook on vacation, all I need is a refrigerator and microwave, which these units have.

The studios in the Lagoon Tower have a small kitchen sink and countertop. Washing dishes is doable; but with only two of everything, you'll have to wash them after every meal. I often take paper goods and plastic silverware, which is so much easier. (I always have those left after a conference, so taking them saves money and I can check multiple bags for free.)

The Kalia Tower studios don't have a kitchen sink or any free counter space. In fact, half of the dishes are on the dining table. The bathroom has a large sink, but I don't like to do dishes in it. So I always take paper goods when staying in one of these units.

Neither have dishes for leftovers, so I take some plastic containers with lids and an assortment of ziplock bags.

jestme

Reaction score
The biggest difference between the studios in the Lagoon tower and the Kalia tower is that the Kalia tower has a lanai (balcony) and the Lagoon does not. To me, the Lagoon feels like you are in a large closet with a small window it is hard to see the water from, where the Kalia, although I think it is a little smaller, feels like a proper ocean view hotel room.
We also don't cook in the room, just microwave leftovers and the fridge for coffee cream and drinks is perfect.
The only other small drawback to a studio, and this applies to both towers, is that they have an adjoining room door with the place next door which isn't very soundproof.

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Thanks for for the feedback I'm Glad I asked, I never would have guessed there was such a difference.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Here's my detailed comparison of the studios in the two towers:
http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110590

One more thing: Lagoon has studios with one king or two queen/double (can't remember which) beds. The units next to the elevator have one bed but a lousy view. The units on the other side of the building have a view of the lawn and, if you're up high enough, some ocean.

If you want to save points and don't cook, a studio is fine for one or two people. How much time do you spend in the room anyway in Hawaii?

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Kalia or Lagoon Studios

Ian

The Kalia Tower Studios do have a Lanai with better views than the Lagoon Tower Studios.

The Ocean/Lawn side has better views than the Ilikai/Marina side of the Lagoon Tower. However, Hilton has some method of determining what side of the Lagoon Tower you will get and I haven't been able to figure out how they figure out what each member will get. However you won't be able to tell what side you will get until check in. The Kalia tower will give you a more consistent view if you reserve there.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
HHV has 1 or 2 studios that are the lockout portion of the penthouse units. So they may be available or they may not be depending on how they are booked.

However it is near impossible to ensure that you can get one of these 2 units, but these units actually do have a balcony, actually a large one, considering they are studios.

Tcherniaev

Reaction score
Lagoon tower studio units are terrible. I've stayed in Japanese hotels that had larger rooms. If all you need is a place to sleep, you may be OK, but if you want to enjoy your vacation go for a one bedroom unit.