Timeshare Users Group Online Discussion Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home | Resorts & Reviews| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Online Discussion Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting

Buying, Selling, Renting Discuss all aspects of buying, selling and renting timeshares here. No advertising allowed!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Add a 'Timeshare Vacation History' link to your posts! Learn How

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Member Banner Travels the World w/photos! Follow the Banner!

[No ad shown when registered users are logged in]

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old February 8, 2006, 05:58 AM   #1
Michael
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
Question Causeway on Gull Purchase - How did I do?

Just checking on Tugger's opinions as to how I did on this purchase. I won an eBay auction for a prime July (week 29) Causeway on Gull (Minnesota)twinhome (1800 sq. feet) for $6010.00. This is the only prime Summer week that I have ever seen on eBay. It seems to be a great price compared to similar weeks for sale elsewhere and should enable me to get my money back out of it if I decide to sell in the future. What do you all think?

- Michael

(For those unfamiliar with the resort, the units are drop-dead gorgeous with floor to vaulted ceiling windows in the great room along with a fieldstone fireplace and spiral staircase. Four season porch with hottub. Two bedrooms, reading loft, two baths and full kitchen/two separate dining areas.)
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2006, 10:10 AM   #2
madherb
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 23, 05
I don't know the resort but it certainly sounds as if you are happy, which is all that really matters. If your plan is to use this yourself only time will tell whether it was a good economic decision.
madherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Gramma5

TUG Member

Resorts: Sold all my Sudwala's.It was a great 10+ yrs!
Good job! That is a great resort with beautiful accommodations. The price seems great altho I have not shopped for one. We love the area and go to Breezy or White Birch every summer. I'm glad a Tugger got this.
Gramma5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2006, 12:32 PM   #4
huestous

[QUOTE=madherb]I don't know the resort but it certainly sounds as if you are happy, which is all that really matters. QUOTE]
I'll second this sentiment.
It sounds like you've purchased a week that you will be very happy with.
huestous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2006, 12:59 PM   #5
T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts: Diamond Resorts Poipu Raintree Vacation Club Winners Circle
You are venturing into sacred territory. Minnesotans have a deep love relationship with their lakes, and almost all Minnesotans either have a cabin on a lake in northern Minnesota or dream about having a cabin on a lake in northern Minnesota. (As for me, I have a sister who lives on a lake in northern Minnesota.)

Those summer timeshare weeks at places such as Causeway are gems. It should be an incredibly strong trader.

“If at first you don't fricassee, then fry, fry again.
T_R_Oglodyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2006, 12:59 PM   #6
northwoodsgal
TUG Member

Resorts: Towncenter Jackson Hole week 36
I think you did pretty good, especially considering the quality of the resort. My sister-in-law bought a 2 bedroom prime summer unit a few years ago at the Pointe resort in Minocqua. She paid $4,000 for a unit that has lake view. It was sold directly through the resort, but not advertised to either the resort owners or publicly. She was very happy with the price.
northwoodsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2006, 03:39 PM   #7
grupp
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 29, 05
Michael
Looks like you got a decent deal. The key being that it is not one of the new units (any unit over #52) which are located in a gravel pit up the hill from the lake and other amenities.

Should be a great trader or provide you with a very nice summer vacation.

Gary
grupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2006, 05:36 PM   #8
Michael
TUG Member

Agree - Buy, Rent or Exchange into a Twinhome only!

Gary -

I definitely agree with you. If anyone buys, rents or exchanges into this resort, make sure it is a twinhome (Units 1-52). The newer 6-plex units are inferior in quality, size and location. Although they are new, they lack the "wow" factor as you walk in the door. The only thing that the developer could be thinking about is the density factor but they better not let prospective buyers see the twinhomes or it will be a very tough sell. In addition, repeat exchangers who end up in the new section are unhappy with the accomodations which has been reflected in the guest comment cards to RCI.

- Michael
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote