• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone know about Vacation Exchange Management to sell your timeshare?

Don Oso

Reaction score
I was approached my phone and then email by Vacation Exchange Management. They say they have a buyer at an attractive price and take 5% at closing and have not yet asked for any up front fees. Has anyone dealt with them?
thanks,
Don Oso

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There will be an upfront fee - they will get you hooked and then when you think the check is on the way, they will come up with the fee.

There is no buyer - there is no deal - they just want the upfront fee.

And I'll bet that their offer is far more than reasonable resale value...

AKE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to buy your timeshare when they are being given away for FREE on the internet? A timeshare has very little resale value (or NO value at all) unless you are a name brand like Starwood, Disney, etc and sometimes even name brands are not going anywhere near the price that the orginial owner paid. I know nothing about this company but I agree 100% with the previous poster re asking for upfront fees etc etc (they may call these fees something else but don't be fooled.... tell them that you will pay the fee out of the certified cheque that they send you for your unit... bet that you will never hear from them again).

lilitaly104

Reaction score
I also received an offer

I received an offer from this company also, there is nothing that seems fishy about it but im very skeptical. have you made a decision if your going to sell or not or atleast try?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I received an offer from this company also, there is nothing that seems fishy about it but im very skeptical. have you made a decision if your going to sell or not or atleast try?

It's simple:

They are going to charge you an upfront fee. They will try to make it sound legitimate - but it isn't - the seller should NEVER have to pay upfront. After you pay the fee, the "buyer" will mysteriously back out, they will have your money, and you will have nothing.

REPUTABLE brokers charge a commission AFTER the sale - out of the proceeds.

Don Oso has not been back to TUG since posting his question, but you can send him and email by clicking on his blue user name.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Nothing Fishy? Give Me A Break.

I received an offer from this company also, there is nothing that seems fishy about it but im very skeptical.
Nothing fishy ?

Au contraire, mon frère.

They cold-called you.

They claim they have a buyer who wants to buy a timeshare from you -- your timeshare. Out of all the thousands & thousands of timeshares for sale out there, a mystery buyer materializes out of the blue & wants to buy yours.

Not only that, the mystery buyer wants to pay big bux for your timeshare, even though approximately the whole world knows that timeshare deeds these days are worth hardly anything, that lots of timeshare deeds go begging even though the owners are offering to give them away.

It's totally fishy -- day-old seafood all the way.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to buy your timeshare when they are being given away for FREE on the internet? A timeshare has very little resale value (or NO value at all) unless you are a name brand like Starwood, Disney, etc and sometimes even name brands are not going anywhere near the price that the orginial owner paid. I know nothing about this company but I agree 100% with the previous poster re asking for upfront fees etc etc (they may call these fees something else but don't be fooled.... tell them that you will pay the fee out of the certified cheque that they send you for your unit... bet that you will never hear from them again).

The timeshares with value mostly have little or nothing to do with ''brand''. On the contrary it has to do with location and season.

Cold calls are, however, always highly suspicious. And, yes, there will be fees, and big ones, and the ''sale'' will vanish.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are not asking for an upfront fee, only 5% commission but thats not upfront

I GUARANTEE that when they have you hooked, there will be a fee. They just aren't going to tell you upfront!

Let me ask you something - how much are they offering for your timeshare?

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are not asking for an upfront fee, only 5% commission but thats not upfront

If you've had a chance to read other posts on these boards, you'll see that many others have come on here mentioning the exact same type of phone call they received.

Unfortunately, some found TUG too late and fell for the scam. It's the same thing each time. The scammer phones the owner saying he found a buyer who has just put down a 20% non-refundable deposit and is committed to going ahead with the buy (for an unreasonably high amount like $25000, or so).

Then, while you're drooling and dreaming of what you're going to do with this life-altering amount of money and thinking to yourself "Great! Great! What do I have to do to complete the process?", the scammer, magically reading your mind, says, "We just need you to send us $948 for [insert bogus fee here such as prepaid closing costs, Mexican back taxes, retainer fee, lien search, etc.]. But once the papers are done, this fee will be refunded to you."

Can you guess what happens once the owner sends that money (usually via wire transfer so that there is no paper trail to track him down once he has your money)? I'll give you two choices:

A) The transaction is completed expediently. The owner gets a cashier's cheque for $24698 ($25000 less the 5% commission plus the $948 fee refunded. The owner is on Cloud 9 with all that money. Or

B) Then owner never hears back from the scammer. He still owns his onerous timeshare. All phone calls to the scammer are now to a disconnected number. All e-mails are to a discontinued e-mail address.