• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] Rental company [Stay PC]

griffinhouse

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently listed our Platinum 2012 Grande Ocean on Redweek.com. I received an email from a broker named StayPC.com telling me that they had a client who was interested in renting our unit. They offered a good price and it all seems on the up and up but I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with them before. They are out of Park City, Utah and have handled over 400 rentals of Marriott and Westin properties since Sept 2010. Appreciate any comments or insights.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
I just rented to StayPC and they were fine to deal with and paid in full as soon as I signed the online contract. It was painless.

First an employee contacted me, and then the owner or manager, Paul, contacted me with the online contract. Then they paid in full with Paypal, and then I sent them the reservation.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
He rented my 3 BR at Frenchman's Cove for Christmas week. So far, so good.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
He rented my 3 BR at Frenchman's Cove for Christmas week. So far, so good.
They will send you a w-9 though. I've worked with Paul several times and after the first I told him the renter can pay me and I'll pay his commission to avoid the w-9.He agreed so I have no problem working with him going foward.

griffinhouse

TUG Member
Reaction score
They will send you a w-9 though. I've worked with Paul several times and after the first I told him the renter can pay me and I'll pay his commission to avoid the w-9.He agreed so I have no problem working with him going foward.

Good advice--happy to hear that they have a good reputation. Will explore having the renter pay me instead though--not sure I want to pay extra taxes on the rental.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently listed our Platinum 2012 Grande Ocean on Redweek.com. I received an email from a broker named StayPC.com telling me that they had a client who was interested in renting our unit. They offered a good price and it all seems on the up and up but I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with them before. They are out of Park City, Utah and have handled over 400 rentals of Marriott and Westin properties since Sept 2010. Appreciate any comments or insights.

Paul had a client who wanted to rent my extra week 52 in Aruba. It was one of the easiest rentals that I have dealt with. The company seems very professional and I aleady have 60% of my money.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good advice--happy to hear that they have a good reputation. Will explore having the renter pay me instead though--not sure I want to pay extra taxes on the rental.

Just be up front with him. Tell him you do not care what he makes off the deal only that you want to avoid the W-9. I told him I wouldn't do it any other way and he agreed.

Also I think he made about $450 off me, which wasn't too excessive I thought. I got my usual rent so I really didn't care what he made.

Come to think of it, he rented both a Aruba Surf and the first rental of my Marriott Kauai which I was really happy about because I had just bought and didn't have a great week to rent and Paul found someone at a good price for both of us.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
He will also pay in full upfront, so I would not accept a partial payment.

gpouse

Reaction score
Great News RE: StayPC 1099s

If payments are made to owners via PayPal or any other 3rd party transaction company, the IRS (as of 2012) no longer requires corporations to issue 1099s.
This means a lot less headache for companies and owners.
Paypal is responsible for issuing their users 1099-k's .. only if the user is paid more than $20,000 in a year.
If StayPC pays you for your timeshare rental through PayPal or another 3rd party transaction site then StayPC will not be required to issue a 1099.
Here is an article that explains the changes in greater detail:
http://www.oregonlive.com/finance/index.ssf/2012/01/for_small_businesses_and_taxes.html

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
He was great to work with. He rented my Frenchman's Cove Holiday unit for me last year and I'll give it to him to handle for me next year.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
First time I have ever rented my Barony Beach Week (July 4th). It was so easy! Very professional..I will use them again next year. If youhave any questions, please feel free to contact me.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Ethics

I find it funny that people's ethics are questioned when they talk about ways to get out of their TS obligations then on other threads advice is given to avoid getting a W-9 and presumably paying income taxes on profits from rentals.

Does anyone else see a double standard here?:shrug:

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
StayPC rental

I rented our 2 Bedroom Lock-off at the Westin Maui Ka'anapali Ocean Villas to StayPC Vacation Rentals. The transaction went smoothly. They paid upfront with paypal. They signed the contracts and followed through on the transaction in a timely matter. Once the rental occurred they followed up to say the client was happy with the transaction and everything went well. I was very pleased with the whole rental.

cptjustice

Reaction score
StayPC

I have dealt with Paul Goldman and his crew on a number of occasions over the past three years. He had originally contacted me about renting a timeshare interest that I had in Park City. He was totally up front and forthright in dealing with the rental of my property. He looked after everything and made the process very easy. Paul and his team are great people to deal with.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find it funny that people's ethics are questioned when they talk about ways to get out of their TS obligations then on other threads advice is given to avoid getting a W-9 and presumably paying income taxes on profits from rentals.

Does anyone else see a double standard here?:shrug:

I had exactly the same thought especially re: griffinhouse's "extra taxes" comment

Taxes are not "extra" they are the price we pay for the services provided by our government. If we cheat, our fellow citizens pick up the slack... Government of the people, for the people and by the people...remember that?

I feel much better now about my timeshare exit strategy, knowing that so man feel its ok to abandon responsibility to the group. Ill just stop paying those "extra maintenance fees" my fellow owners can pick up the slack

abrownmomof3

Reaction score
Stay PC Rentals

I have used Stay PC on multiple occasions to rent out my weeks that I have with Marriott and they have been nothing but EASY to work with. They are very quick, payments take place right away (if using Paypal) and they are very reliable. I will always give them my business and have had no problems with them. They are a company located in Park City and I have worked with many of the agents there. Thank you STAY PC!!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've worked with these guys numerous times and I'd have to say they are the most professional that I work with.

Reaction score
StayPC

Great to work with. Everything was very professional and timely! They rented a Marriott St Kitts for me.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score

You mean a 1099, right?

The w-9 is just a form that requests for you to send them your social security number so that they can send you a 1099.

A 1099 is not a problem is you are reporting all of your rental revenue on your tax return.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rented a Barony Beach week ( mine) last year through them. Totally professional and honest. Highest recommendation.

mommaO3

Reaction score
I have had a great experience with Stay PC.
They paid through Paypal.
Usually, they pay 50% at signing on the contract and pay the balance at 75 days out from the check-in.

siyerkes

TUG Member
Reaction score
excellent experience

Over the past several years I have used StayPC to rent my Harborside/Atlantis property. The group is extremely professional and efficient. All of the paperwork is handled by them so it couldn't be easier. Throughout the process I was kept informed of how everything was going and all my questions were answered right away. I have worked mostly with Paul and would highly recommend his group.

WINSLOW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Used Stay PC to rent our August week out at least minute. They were great. Very fast rental, easy & quick payment, great communication. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

samshu9078

Reaction score
Rental Through Stay PC

We listed our 3 bed, OV Marriott Aruba Surf on Redweek.

I received an email from Stay PC stating that they have a client that wants to rent our unit. The email said they would pay the full asking price upon signing the rental agreement and would charge their clients the commission, on top of my asking price.

Being skeptical of spam emails and scams, I replied that it was available and I would contact them later that day to discuss. After searching them online at several sites, I felt good about doing business with them.

I emailed them back stating that I was in agreement and to send the paperwork. They emailed the rental form. It was very simple and to the point. Nothing convoluted, nothing confusing. I signed it via Verisign.

I agreed to use PayPal for payment. The payment was made within 48 hours after I returned to signed agreement.

So easy to deal with. They did exactly what the said they would.

I will most definitely deal with them in the future if the opportunity arises!

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
We just finished up a rental with them and they made the 2nd payment a couple months early. All facets were easy. Apparently they give the renter a feeling of safety that going through an independant owner does not have, and they are willing to pay extra for that warm-fuzzy.