• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dr Tims millner O Neary PHD

Webberrp

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with "Dr Tims millner O Neary PHD"? He responded to my ad to sell my timeshare, but something about his response bothered me. I haven't replied to him yet.

Thanks for your help.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
There are a lot of scammers who troll the Tug ads. If you're uncomfortable with this person's response, chances are it's as fake as you think it is. Go with your gut.

Dave

cooper0038

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dr and Phd are redundant and he should know that. You only use one of the 2 designations. Seems odd to me but maybe I am being picky.

rockhill30

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also heard from him

Let me guess. He wants to buy your timeshare ASAP to surprise his wife for her birthday and their jubilee silver wedding anniversary and please advise how I prefer to get paid (my $1). It is a very odd email. I am ignoring it. I assume he is a scammer.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep got the same email to buy mine LOL

foreverloves

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG - hysterical!!

I would bet that his English is not totally correct. The phrasing of his words or his word choices will suggest he's foreign. It's probably along the same lines as those emails I sometimes get, something like: Dearest Friend, I am a Countess in Such and Such Country and I am wanting to bequeath the sum of US $1,000,000,000 to you because I am being Held against my Wills.

Or something similiar.

Ignore it - it's not legit.

Jolson

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have exactly the same message offering to buy my timeshare as well. I definitely thought it was a scam especially with all the spelling errors, caps in wrong spot etc..

I guess he wants to buy his wife a truckload of timeshares.:hysterical:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
sounds like the response I get to my craigs list rental ads. They always want to send you a certified check. The scam is that the check will be for something larger than what they owe you, and they will ask for change....then the certified check is discovered to be forged....and you will be out that money too

let them know you insist on pay pal or a direct wire transfer only, for the exact money only, ie no change....they will go away...or for a timeshare sale, they should be sending the money directly to your closing company. ......or just ignore them

e.bram

Reaction score
If you have a PHD and address yourself as Dr. and don't qualify it with PHD. people will tell you their ills, or call you for a medical emergency, assuming you are an MD.

gretel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Via Roma, San Luis Bay Inn
His reply

I replied to his ad and he responded immediately. Again, he used the "translator" language in his response. He wanted to send his associate to sign the paperwork. His gmail address was a fake (disguised as gmail).

I reported his email as phishing to gmail. All of you should do the same. These scammers need to be reported and blocked. Any way TUG can do the same?

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The name alone kills me...

Even without all of the obvious scammer-tells, the name alone makes me giggle and not take it seriously. It is like a character name Chevy Chase would have come up with on the fly while under-cover in those Fletch movies.

Hilarious.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
This just came in...
----------------------------------
Dearest One,

Greetings, this letter might surprise you because we have not met neither in person nor by correspondence. But I believe it is one day that you get to know somebody either in physical or through correspondence.

I am Davis Smith. I have a proposal to make, that might be of interest to you. I am in possession of a large sum of money (U.S. $ 18,000,000.00) Eighteen Million US Dollars) The money was inherited from my late father who was the Chairman of the Sierra Leone Gold and diamond Mining Corporation during the Sierra Leonian War when Major Johnny Paul Koromah was The country's president.

The money is of no criminal origin as it was largely realized from black market sale of alluvial gold dust during the war. The money has been deposited in a Bank here in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast). I now want to transfer this money abroad and invest it in profitable ventures, as the time is now ripe for such move...

CapriciousC

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a PHD and address yourself as Dr. and don't qualify it with PHD. people will tell you their ills, or call you for a medical emergency, assuming you are an MD.

IMO, using Dr. outside of a professional context is pretentious, especially for a Ph.D. (I'm not maligning Ph.D.s - I have one, but I do think it's an affectation for a Ph.D. in particular to insist on being referred to as "Dr." in anything other than a professional context).

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This just came in...
----------------------------------
Dearest One,

Greetings, this letter might surprise you because we have not met neither in person nor by correspondence. But I believe it is one day that you get to know somebody either in physical or through correspondence.

I am Davis Smith. I have a proposal to make, that might be of interest to you. I am in possession of a large sum of money (U.S. $ 18,000,000.00) Eighteen Million US Dollars) The money was inherited from my late father who was the Chairman of the Sierra Leone Gold and diamond Mining Corporation during the Sierra Leonian War when Major Johnny Paul Koromah was The country's president.

The money is of no criminal origin as it was largely realized from black market sale of alluvial gold dust during the war. The money has been deposited in a Bank here in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast). I now want to transfer this money abroad and invest it in profitable ventures, as the time is now ripe for such move...

LOL, gotta love it. I don't even open these, for fear this will let them know I'm a hit for future hits. Not sure if that's true, but it's certainly cut down on my spam.

Today at work (which is usually very protected), I got an email from 'Sam@IRS.com' with a subject line of 'Regarding your recent tax filing.' Didn't open it.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today at work (which is usually very protected), I got an email from 'Sam@IRS.com' with a subject line of 'Regarding your recent tax filing.' Didn't open it.

Me, too !
I forwarded mine to the IRS and copied Sam the sender on the forwarding.
I hope they correspond.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I should have done as you did--forwarded to IRS and copied 'Sam,' or whoever it was.

foreverloves

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even without all of the obvious scammer-tells, the name alone makes me giggle and not take it seriously. It is like a character name Chevy Chase would have come up with on the fly while under-cover in those Fletch movies.

Hilarious.

John Cocktosten perhaps??
:hysterical: