Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > Mexico

Mexico Discussion of Mexican Timeshare Resorts and activities/tips for vacations in Mexico!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old May 15, 2011, 01:22 PM   #1
MollyBuzz
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 27, 10

Resorts: Summer Bay Desert Club, LV
Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta?

Hi folks,
Anyone know the difference between the two Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta listings on RCI? 6631 and 4350 are the resort ID's..why twice?

While I'm here..I've got Mayan Palace Nuevo on my shortlist due to the high cost of the all inclusive fee at Marival (3 adults going, but they charge you for 4 if you're in a 2 bedroom..I hate that!)

How difficult is it to get off the resort grounds at MP-NVto buy a few groceries, and eat at places that 2 toddlers will enjoy? I don't want to rent a car, the wife can't do buses, and I have read in reviews that the onsite food is OK but expensive.

Quality and variety aside, are transportation and groceries enough of a hassle at MP to make AI worthwhile elsewhere?
Old May 15, 2011, 01:33 PM   #2
curtbrown
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 18, 09

Resorts: Grand Luxxe, Hacienda del Mar - Cabo, Villa del Arco - Cabo
I'm not sure why it is listed twice on RCI. That would probably a question best addressed to RCI themselves before you book into one or the other. Worth a call.

MP offers a free shuttle that will take you out to the front gate of the complex. From there it is probably a ten minute walk on sidewalks to get to the restaurants near the Marina. Whether that's doable with toddlers, only you can answer.

You can also catch the bus near the front gate. If you're not comfortable walking to dinner or taking the bus into town, there are plenty of pretty inexpensive cabs available to take you to the Walmart, the Mega in Bucerias, or to any of the nearby restaurants.

Curt
curtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2011, 01:39 PM   #3
rpennisi

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 26, 10

Resorts: Shawnee, Sheraton Buganvilias, Mayan Palace, Polo Towers Villas
My best guess is one is the number for owners who have deposited, and the other is developer weeks offered to RCI by MP.
Ron
rpennisi is offline   Reply With Quote