• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Atlanta Resale Group?

J Yutzy

Reaction score
I recieved a unsolicited phone call from "Atlanta Resale Group" that sounds to good to be true. They claimed they got my number from Krystal. I have a EOY at Krystal PVallarta. I paid about 7K for it three years ago. Anyway I explained this to Atlanta Resale Group and they sent me a letter with an offer to buy mine for 9,100 USD. I looked on line and they have a website. Their address is 191 Peachtree which is a huge tower in Atlanta according to Google. This just does not smell right to me, but I may be wrong.

Letter says "We at Atlanta Resale Group, GUARANTEE the sale of your Krystal Resorts vacation membership in Mexico. ARG has contracts to provide inventory to companies that manage events and conventions because we have access to inventory from time share resorts in top destinations.
The amount of $9100USD will be paid to the owner before the transfer of ownership, final funding will take place within 30 to 45 days. Any discrepancies please feel free to contact us.
Owner assumes that all information is accurate and true to the best of owners knowledge. Seller must provide proof of ownership or deed. Atlanta Resale Group will conduct a title search and verification prior to transfer of ownership by Atlanta Resale Group and the owner. Fredrick Cooper CEO/President.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a scam. They will ask you to pay for the title search and possibly other "services." They will keep your money and you will keep your timeshare.

There is no buyer. No one is going to contact an obscure company with an offer to overpay for a timeshare provided said company can find them a seller.

J Yutzy

Reaction score
Atlanta Resale Group

I called them back and pushed them for information. They told me that after I sign the contract, the "Director" will call me and ask me how do I want my money, do I want it Certified, Cashiers Check or wired into my account. Then I will send them 5 percent commission.

This sounds like the old fake money order scam, where the check will bounce in my account.

Part of me really wants to believe this is on the up and up. It just does not smell right though. I wish it did.

I told my wife that if this were on the up and up, they would take their money up front and send me the balance. Not send me the money, and then me send them their commission. That sounds like send me fake money, then I send you real money and I never hear from you again.

As I ask questions they keep putting different people on the phone. None of them sound foreighn, they sound like us. Which is sad. If you can check out their website. google Atlanta Resale Group.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
No company that calls you claiming to have a buyer is on the up and up.

Most timeshares are worth 0-10% of what the developer sold them for. No one is going to buy your timeshare for $9,100.

They will ask for an upfront fee at some point.

There is no buyer. There are no companies that buy timeshares for events or conventions. There are, however, a lot of companies that take advantage of desperate timeshare owners.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recieved a unsolicited phone call from "Atlanta Resale Group" that sounds to good to be true. They claimed they got my number from Krystal. I have a EOY at Krystal PVallarta. I paid about 7K for it three years ago.

Here's a sniff test. Check any fliers, mailings, e-mails, notices, etc., that you received from Krystal Puerta Vallarta. Is there any mention asking you, as an owner, to refer friends, family members, etc. to them to buy timeshares?

If so, that means that there are still some unsold units - possibly some foreclosed or deeded- back units for sale. That being said, why would Krystal PV be giving other parties your phone number to try to sell your unit (where you would allegedly receive the money) for more than what Krystal PV is selling for? And on top of that, why would KPV be providing what is essentially their competitor your phone number?

Makes no sense, does it?

Dave H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask the "director" about the $4000 Federal Mexican Tax Bill that until it is paid, they can not send you the money. The tax bill is fake, there is no Mexican Federal Income tax that is due and your money and the buyer will mysteriously go poof......

Vtstickstugid

Reaction score
Sticks

The Atlanta Resale Group has been busy this week. We received the exact same phone call followed with a too-good-to-be-true offer. When I called the 800 number the person who answered didn't appear to know who Fredrick Cooper was and yet he claims to be ARG's CEO/President. So I emailed back because the contract had less bedrooms than ours has. Wanted to correct that and mentioned that going forward with the 'deal', I would not pay one red cent up front. No money to them for anything until we had a check safely deposited (cleared) in our checking account. Never heard back. And then yesterday we received the same call from an outfit named Bayside. Same pitch but when I pushed back about upfront money, the caller responded that there would be a charge (didn't know the amount) for a title search. When I gave her the " not-one-red-cent" response she quickly said that she had another call waiting. So Bayside is another seamster. How are these folks getting out names? Is Krystal Puerto Vallarta supplying them? They hooked us into buying with a scam in the first place. We already had another timeshare and the last thing we wanted was one at Krystal but we got sucked in as it was to provide a huge rental amount. We had just retired and thought this would be a good way to supplement our retirement income. Shame on us!!

Last edited:

J Yutzy

Reaction score
Atlanta resale group

I had the same deal as you, they had the bedrooms wrong so they said they would correct it. In any case, I called the management company of 191 Peachtree street in Atlanta, which by the way is a huge skyscraper in Atlanta. The management company does not have any tennant called Atlanta Resale Group, they checked it out, and are on the "hunt" also. After you have been scammed by Krystal, it is hard to be scammed again!

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the probably the same group of scammers.. They are calling and it appears simply inserting a new city in front of the Resale Group.. Working list of Mexican timeshare owners- all with unsolicited offers of higher than resale and the promise of no upfront fees.. They then hit you with fake closing costs and taxes that "must be paid before your money can be released"..