• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay away from Affordable_Luxury_Item [AKA Memorable Vacations]

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
[Memorable Vacations is now also using the name "Affordable_Luxury_Items" on ebay.]

Don't buy from this guy. I paid $350 total for a week at Sheraton Broadway Plantation, and he hasn't recorded it, and now his seller is telling him fees are due for 2011. He wants me to pay the fees before the deed is recorded, appparently. I bought this in October, paid immediately, nagged a few times in December--nothing but promises of getting it done, and now the maintenance fees are due, including late fees.

What would you do? I want a refund about now. If I could have gotten the recorded deed, I would pay the fees directly to Starwood.

I don't want to pay this guy a dime more. He may never get this closed. What incentive does Jon have to get this closed, if I just pay it without argument?

I am going to complain to ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy

What if you write the check to starwood and mail it to him to send in with the transfer docs? Just don't make it out to him or his closing company.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
That's a good idea, Chelle. I just really want the guy to record the deed immediately, mail me proof that it's done, with the county stamp attached, and then I can send that recorded deed to Starwood with the maintenance fee payment. How is that so difficult?

I have never heard of Lakeside Closing Services.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My harborside week closing took over 7 months and seller (closing co) asked me to pay 2011 MF when it was due.
I said "I will pay it when I get a recorded deed".
And deed was recorded within a week. I called starwood title dep. and spoke to Olge and explained the situation. I already e-mailed a new deed before I called them.
They changed the account within 2 hours and I could pay MF through mystarcentral. They didn't charge me the late fee.
So don't pay anything until you are an official owner. You don't know what will happen.
BTW, I thought memorable vacations are the same sellers as notorious wanted weeks. Wanted weeks had many wrong info on their TS ads before and memorable vacations do the similar mistake often.
Wanted weeks had other different ebay IDs when they suddenly disappreared.
It is just my guess, maybe I am wrong, but I thought so for a while as a full-time ebay watcher :)

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
My harborside week closing took over 7 months and seller (closing co) asked me to pay 2011 MF when it was due.
I said "I will pay it when I get a recorded deed".
And deed was recorded within a week. I called starwood title dep. and spoke to Olge and explained the situation. I already e-mailed a new deed before I called them.
They changed the account within 2 hours and I could pay MF through mystarcentral. They didn't charge me the late fee.
So don't pay anything until you are an official owner. You don't know what will happen.
BTW, I thought memorable vacations are the same sellers as notorious wanted weeks. Wanted weeks had many wrong info on their TS ads before and memorable vacations do the similar mistake often.
Wanted weeks had other different ebay IDs when they suddenly disappreared.
It is just my guess, maybe I am wrong, but I thought so for a while as a full-time ebay watcher :)

OMG, I was thinking about "Wanted Weeks" when I started reading this thread.....that other thread went on for many many pages of unhappiness...I forget what I purchased thru them but I did eventually get my deed, I was one of the lucky ones!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope it's not Wanted Weeks, but you never know. I thought Shaun Fletcher was done with this biz, but maybe he is hiding under a new name. I have no idea...

This Jon said he would get the deed recorded. We will see. He thinks I am confused about what I purchased, when in actuality, I probably am not. ;)

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, no; please not again.

I also thought of Wanted Weeks a couple of posts into this thread.

I bought one about 30 days ago from Memorable Vacations. I need to get on it and follow up as to where they are on this transaction.

I got out with my timeshare deed from Wanted Weeks, but I believe that it was purely because I made the decision to file with my credit card company before the 60-day period. Wanted Weeks moved forward once I did that.

I know many of us got caught up in the Wanted Weeks debacle.

ambrosij

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I had a conversation with this guy not long ago

Not long ago "memorable vacations" which is basically one dude from what I gather, had a orange lake property for sale. The listing was vagues, details were all jacked up and it was just not professional. I had alot of questions, and thought maybe it was just a bad listing and could possibly get a great deal. Well after two days of trying to get ahold of this guy I finally got a call back from him. He was not able to answer any questions about the listing, even after I explained to him some of the listings inaccuracies. He gave me the name of the people that were on the deed, the unit #, ect....after calling the resort, calling orange lake, and way too much time spent on nonsense...I basically was not able to get the answers I wanted and abandoned ship.

I was a bit nervous about this guy because I noticed he only had just over a 300 rating, and when I check his other items for sale it wasnt so much time shares as much as it was stuff like pocket books and some other garbage. When I spoke to him on the phone i asked him if he was just getting into selling time shares and he said that this was the first time he was selling an "orange lake" property, but he had sold hundreds of timeshares on ebay...well apparently not under his current screen name because his rating didnt reflect it. I also browsed his ratings both good and bad, I found it odd that I found very very few reviews both good or bad on this seller that dealt with a time share sale. A big red flag popped up in my head, and if I had to guess this guy simply doesnt know what the hell is doing.

Did you pay with paypal? Could you file a complaint with ebay or paypal and possibly get a refund that way?

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess he should have clarified what type of memories you would have!

eBay- where timeshare sharks turn buyers into bloody chum!

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in a situation too. I bought a ts off eBay from Jon - he is both the seller and the closing company.

The week listed was not the week that was really sold/on the new deed. When I saw that I immediately contacted him and said it was wrong and that I was not interested in owning this other week. He immediately said he'd send new paperwork and we'd get everything un-done. I did get the paperwork immediately and sent it back in immediately. There was some foul up with that mailing address, which I though was my fault , but now I think he may have done it on purpose. Anyway, after 2 weeks I ended up sending him all the paperwork again and he said he got it. Another 1 1/2 weeks pass and the new deed is not recorded. So I followed up again. Told it had been sent and should be rocorded shorty. Well, it's now another 1 1/2 weeks and nothing shows on the county records other than the old wrong deed. I have had it. I am calling my credit card today and starting procedures. I am contacting Paypal too. I want my $1643 back now.

I was angry about the wrong week being recorded. It was either gross negligence on fraud his part - he KNEW the week was wrong and did it anyway hoping I'd either not catch it or would take it anyway. When I did neither he shined me on, buying time - and reselling MY timeshare on eBay. I let this pass as I figured he needed the $$ from the new sale to get money to give back to me. Scummy but I just wanted to be done. But it's been weeks now.

Now I am going to play hardball.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope he sees this thread. Everyone here on TUG will be wary of buying from him, and that's good. I am weary of the run around.

He acted like I was some doofus who didn't know what I bought. I nagged him in December to get the job done, yet he said, "I am waiting to send several in at once." Please! This is Horry County, and you can file the deeds electronically.

I don't know what he thinks he is going to collect from me, with no deed filed in my name as of this date. I actually need a stamped copy of the deed before I will pay a dime in fees, and then it will be directly to Starwood and not him.

The resellers on ebay need to know that TUGgers buy most of their timeshares, and there is a bunch of competition for our business, too. There are 3K or so ebay listings currently. At least most of the resellers do as they say, but some, like Uri Fried and Memorable Vacations, do not provide a contract. I think we should demand a contract. I get overly comfortable with ebay sales and just think it's all going to be okay, when in actuality, I should be more cautious.

I need a link to file an ebay complaint that is now old. I remember someone had such a link.

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope he sees this thread. Everyone here on TUG will be wary of buying from him, and that's good. I am weary of the run around.

He acted like I was some doofus who didn't know what I bought. I nagged him in December to get the job done, yet he said, "I am waiting to send several in at once." Please! This is Horry County, and you can file the deeds electronically.

I don't know what he thinks he is going to collect from me, with no deed filed in my name as of this date. I actually need a stamped copy of the deed before I will pay a dime in fees, and then it will be directly to Starwood and not him.

The resellers on ebay need to know that TUGgers buy most of their timeshares, and there is a bunch of competition for our business, too. There are 3K or so ebay listings currently. At least most of the resellers do as they say, but some, like Uri Fried and Memorable Vacations, do not provide a contract. I think we should demand a contract. I get overly comfortable with ebay sales and just think it's all going to be okay, when in actuality, I should be more cautious.

I need a link to file an ebay complaint that is now old. I remember someone had such a link.

I do have a contract. I have 2 contracts actually. Not that it is doing me any real good at this moment. But I have sent him a dmand email today and will proceed with any and all actions necessary to recover my funds.

I get complacent too and this is a wake up call for sure!

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have also let my guard down and have recently bought from "other" resellers.

I get overly comfortable with ebay sales and just think it's all going to be okay, when in actuality, I should be more cautious.

After seeing this thread, I contacted Jon yesterday regarding the status of purchase in January. I haven't heard back from him. That was sent outside eBay. Today, I sent another status request through eBay.

I do have a contract. I have 2 contracts actually. Not that it is doing me any real good at this moment. But I have sent him a dmand email today and will proceed with any and all actions necessary to recover my funds.

I'm about ready to start pulling the trigger with eBay, PAYPAL and my credit card company. I've got a couple of more weeks before the 60-day mark. I believe that's the only thing that saved me on getting my timeshare in a fairly timely manner with Shaun and Wanted Weeks.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't respond to emails with a simple question about if/when deed was sent to Cnty

That is until I filed a dispute with PAYPAL. Within minutes, he was in contact with me. Still asking him the same question, yet he would not answer it until about five emails later. No, it had not been sent. It would be drafted and mailed in about two more weeks.

Don't buy from this guy. I paid $350 total for a week at Sheraton Broadway Plantation, and he hasn't recorded it, and now his seller is telling him fees are due for 2011. He wants me to pay the fees before the deed is recorded, appparently. I bought this in October, paid immediately, nagged a few times in December--nothing but promises of getting it done, and now the maintenance fees are due, including late fees.

What would you do? I want a refund about now. If I could have gotten the recorded deed, I would pay the fees directly to Starwood.

I don't want to pay this guy a dime more. He may never get this closed. What incentive does Jon have to get this closed, if I just pay it without argument?

I am going to complain to ebay.

I tried to file a dispute with eBay. Timeshare transactions are not covered by eBAY and you can't file a dispute. I went through PAYPAL and filed the dispute. I would go for a refund, but good luck in getting it out of him. Send him no more money.

I brought this thread to his attention in a couple of my emails. He never addressed it. Just from the back and forth with him tonight through email, I'm weary, too. He also is treating me like this is my first timeshare purchase on eBay. I let him know I've bought about 50 over the last several years.

After the emails back and forth, I will also proceed with any and all actions necessary to recover my funds. I am unable to verify that indeed all fees are paid through 2011 and that the 2011 use is available to me. The resort will not provide this information since I am not the owner. He claims the owner is listed on the contract. No, it's not. The only one listed is the Seller, Memorable Vacations, with Jon C. as Authorized Agent. I told him that I want an Estoppel as proof or the ability to verify the accuracy of the listing/contract through the resort.

After seeing this thread, I contacted Jon yesterday regarding the status of purchase in January. I haven't heard back from him. That was sent outside eBay. Today, I sent another status request through eBay.

I'm about ready to start pulling the trigger with eBay, PAYPAL and my credit card company. I've got a couple of more weeks before the 60-day mark. I believe that's the only thing that saved me on getting my timeshare in a fairly timely manner with Shaun and Wanted Weeks.

I also told him that there is no feedback on eBay for any timeshare sales. With less than 100% feedback rating, I would like to see what others have to say about their experiences. This was copied and pasted from his response:

"When reviewing my feedback as I have been selling on Ebay for years. You will note that any auction specified as PRIVATE is a Timeshare Purchase. My timeshare auctions are kept private to protect you as the buyer from being hounded from other individuals for who knows what and harassing you."

What?!!! I don't know anything about keeping timeshare auction feedback private. I certainly know that I have never been hounded or harrassed by anyone after leaving feedback on a timeshare purchase. I don't leave feedback until the transaction is completed. I realize some folks leave it before things are completed, so feedback isn't a perfect indicator of things. But I would still like to see feedback for something other than key chains and such.

I'm really not feeling good about this one at all. He didn't want to answer emails until after I filed a dispute, he kept dodging the simplest of questions, he can't provide me with the ability to verify that what he's selling is actually what I'm buying by way of a resort verification/estoppel, he makes his timeshare purchase feedbacks private (?), he has less than 100% feedback, he's got a few unhappy TUGGERS, etc., etc., etc.

He's responded to PAYPAL that I have received what I bought. He wants me to contact him by telephone. I want all dialogue back and forth in print. I don't trust PAYPAL to do the right thing either. There's been threads on TUG where PAYPAL hasn't done right by folks. I believe my best bet is to file a dispute with my credit card company. He's still got enough time before the 60-day dispute period ends to start making things happen. If we don't make some legitimate progress in the next few days, I'm not going to waste any more time going around and around with him. :wall:

ambrosij

TUG Member
Reaction score
NEgative Feedback

I think the mods should start a Tugger black list that lists resorts, re-sellers, and ebay sellers that have operated on a sub par level and put a sticky on it right on the first forum page. Also make sure you do leave negative feedback, feedback is very important to guys who do alot of sales as it effects the percentage that ebay collects from them after the sale.

That is until I filed a dispute with PAYPAL. Within minutes, he was in contact with me. Still asking him the same question, yet he would not answer it until about five emails later. No, it had not been sent. It would be drafted and mailed in about two more weeks.

I tried to file a dispute with eBay. Timeshare transactions are not covered by eBAY and you can't file a dispute. I went through PAYPAL and filed the dispute. I would go for a refund, but good luck in getting it out of him. Send him no more money.

I brought this thread to his attention in a couple of my emails. He never addressed it. Just from the back and forth with him tonight through email, I'm weary, too. He also is treating me like this is my first timeshare purchase on eBay. I let him know I've bought about 50 over the last several years.

After the emails back and forth, I will also proceed with any and all actions necessary to recover my funds. I am unable to verify that indeed all fees are paid through 2011 and that the 2011 use is available to me. The resort will not provide this information since I am not the owner. He claims the owner is listed on the contract. No, it's not. The only one listed is the Seller, Memorable Vacations, with Jon C. as Authorized Agent. I told him that I want an Estoppel as proof or the ability to verify the accuracy of the listing/contract through the resort.

I also told him that there is no feedback on eBay for any timeshare sales. With less than 100% feedback rating, I would like to see what others have to say about their experiences. This was copied and pasted from his response:

"When reviewing my feedback as I have been selling on Ebay for years. You will note that any auction specified as PRIVATE is a Timeshare Purchase. My timeshare auctions are kept private to protect you as the buyer from being hounded from other individuals for who knows what and harassing you."

What?!!! I don't know anything about keeping timeshare auction feedback private. I certainly know that I have never been hounded or harrassed by anyone after leaving feedback on a timeshare purchase. I don't leave feedback until the transaction is completed. I realize some folks leave it before things are completed, so feedback isn't a perfect indicator of things. But I would still like to see feedback for something other than key chains and such.

I'm really not feeling good about this one at all. He didn't want to answer emails until after I filed a dispute, he kept dodging the simplest of questions, he can't provide me with the ability to verify that what he's selling is actually what I'm buying by way of a resort verification/estoppel, he makes his timeshare purchase feedbacks private (?), he has less than 100% feedback, he's got a few unhappy TUGGERS, etc., etc., etc.

He's responded to PAYPAL that I have received what I bought. He wants me to contact him by telephone. I want all dialogue back and forth in print. I don't trust PAYPAL to do the right thing either. There's been threads on TUG where PAYPAL hasn't done right by folks. I believe my best bet is to file a dispute with my credit card company. He's still got enough time before the 60-day dispute period ends to start making things happen. If we don't make some legitimate progress in the next few days, I'm not going to waste any more time going around and around with him. :wall:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am glad you guys mentioned this so I can avoid this seller!

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
In some states, the state Real Estate Commission will help you deal with some of these slimeballs, but often you have to couch your complaint in terms of licensure issues rather than ''please help me with my personal problem''. The eBay sales model does have licensure problems with some states. North Carolina is one of them, but I am not sure of South Carolina. Since this guy is doing the deed himself apparently, he also may be breaking state attorney licensure laws and a complaint to the State Bar might also produce some relief. Again, the main thrust of any complaint should be licensure not ''please help with my personal problem''. If they pick up the ball on the licensure issues, it will likely lead to help with your personal problem.

It is situations like this that make me allergic to these out of state closing companies where laymen, often associated with the seller do everything. If I buy a NC timeshare on eBay, I am going to make sure they allow me to use a local attorney to close, and if they balk, then they WILL have licensure problems!

The difference if you had an attorney doing the closing is that one call to the State Bar under these circumstances would result in a friendly reminder call from them to the attorney, which would really light a fire under the attorney's butt to get it done.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carolinian, I may contact the Attorney General of SC tomorrow. It seems like a good avenue for me. The guy is located in Clermont, FL, so I don't know whether he qualifies to write the deed for SC. I guess I don't know which Attorney General to contact?

Also, I keep asking this guy for the contract number, so I can pay Starwood directly for the maintenance fees. He ignores my requests.

He sent the wrong deed to show me it was recorded. It was a deed for Presidential Villas and didn't have our names on it. The deed was not very "clean," so I told him I was worried Starwood would not accept a poorly-written deed. I told him Starwood was picky. He wrote in response: "Never had an issue Cindy but I appreciate your optimism."

Nightmare purchase.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't buy from this guy. He has several listings, and his are obvious. He has listings that say Memorable Vacations right on the listing picture, the one you see in list view.

It's been a terrible experience, and the guy will not give me the contract number. I have the original contract from him, but no info like that was on the contract.

I wanted to pay Starwood for the fees, but they cannot take a payment without it. I know the week and unit number, and that's all I know, along with the former owners' names. But Starwood needs a phone number and/ or a contract number, so I can pay fees.

mstoyanov

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy,

If he really recorded deed on your name you can actually check on Horry county web site (just search by your name)
http://www.horrycounty.org/oncoreweb/Search.aspx
You can probably contact Horry county directly and order a copy of the deed once you found book/page number.

Carolinian, I may contact the Attorney General of SC tomorrow. It seems like a good avenue for me. The guy is located in Clermont, FL, so I don't know whether he qualifies to write the deed for SC. I guess I don't know which Attorney General to contact?

Also, I keep asking this guy for the contract number, so I can pay Starwood directly for the maintenance fees. He ignores my requests.

He sent the wrong deed to show me it was recorded. It was a deed for Presidential Villas and didn't have our names on it. The deed was not very "clean," so I told him I was worried Starwood would not accept a poorly-written deed. I told him Starwood was picky. He wrote in response: "Never had an issue Cindy but I appreciate your optimism."

Nightmare purchase.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy,

If he really recorded deed on your name you can actually check on Horry county web site (just search by your name)
http://www.horrycounty.org/oncoreweb/Search.aspx
You can probably contact Horry county directly and order a copy of the deed once you found book/page number.

Look up the OLD DEED by the old owner's name => maybe that deed will have their contract number. That deed will have their address. Google and see if they have a phone number. Call or WRITE and beg for the contract number. :D

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be aware that disputes can't be filed w/eBay or PAYPAL for real estate transactions

I just faxed/mailed 42 pages of supporting documents to my credit card company. Fortunately, I was in the 60-day dispute period. I'm getting ready to leave my eBay feedback for Memorable Vacations.

When sending the contract out in January, John indicated to be sure and leave positive feedback. Folks leaving feedback at that point is what gives these types of sellers more positive feedback than they deserve. Why give feedback at that point anyway? You haven't received what was purchased at that point.

It took filing the PAYPAL dispute (which was rejected a couple of days later) to get John C. to even respond to my emails about the status of the closing.

Once he did respond, it took no less than 5 additional emails for him to say, hey, your deed isn't even scheduled to be drafted yet. Why didn't he say that in the first place? He kept asking what else do you want, I'm more than willing to provide it. I asked several times for an estoppel or authorization to allow the resort to release the information (maintenance fees up to date and first use availability, etc) to me. He refuses to address that request. If everything is legit, I have to wonder why he doesn't do it.

He's running lots of eBay listings for timeshares. It's a shame eBay allows these sellers "Top Seller" to keep going like this.

I'm so glad this thread was started so that I could get things going before it was too late.

This is a timeshare reseller that YOU want to stay far away from. I don't know if he's blocked me from bidding on his auctions. Doesn't matter. I've learned a lesson on this one. :doh:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Look up the OLD DEED by the old owner's name => maybe that deed will have their contract number. That deed will have their address. Google and see if they have a phone number. Call or WRITE and beg for the contract number. :D

The only phone number I could find for the Carters at the address on the deed, they still live there, I got no answer and no voice mail to leave a message. I know the people are getting the bills, because that prompted Jon C. to finally record the deed. Great week, bad seller.

The people only bought in 1999. I wonder why they decided they didn't want the week? They live near there, too. I love timeshares, so I never get why someone would pay to rid themselves of them.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm so glad this thread was started so that I could get things going before it was too late.
Egret, I hope you get your money back. We can continue to warn people about this guy by keeping this thread fresh every few days.

Looks like Starwood is going to get the transfer done in six-eight weeks, and I can pay them whatever late fees are due and just consider it resolved, but this guy isn't going to get a dime from me. Starwood said they don't require MF's to be current for a deed to transfer, but I will get a bill with the late fees, and I will have to pay them. Money I shouldn't have to pay, if he recorded it right away. Bought it in October. :rolleyes: