Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting

Buying, Selling, Renting Discuss all aspects of buying, selling and renting timeshares here. Advertisements are not permitted (see Classified Ads link at top of page).

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old January 13, 2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Janice

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 13, 11

Resorts: Wyndham timeshare
Smile [ 2011 ] Timeshare Cure info help?

I have a timeshare that was givn to me when my mother passed about two years ago. My daughter told me to check out something called Timeshare Cure last week, i just wanted to see if anyone know anything about it. Thanks for any help you can provid.

Janice R.

p.s. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this, thank you all.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2011, 02:48 PM   #2
timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 11, 05

Resorts: Now Cypress Pointe w/Diamond Club,Cove@Yarmouth Former: RCI Points Rayburn Country, DVC/Wyndham - Wastegate gone gone!
Did they call you "with a buyer"? Do they want money now? Avoid them

ANY group that calls YOU is 99% certain to be an upfront fee company. What are those? A group that makes great sounding promises to rent/lease/sell/transfer/etc your timeshare or system membership points at a good to great price. They often claim to have a buyer or a renter or a group wanting space, etc - but then YOU have to pay to assure the process gets done. In realty that is all they really want - the upfront money paid by you and they can basically disappear (you'll hear nothing more from them & they will be very hard to impossible to reach) to go after the next victim.

DO NOT try to deal with them as it is a scam. Forget any "guarantees" as they are unenforceable (ask yourself what recourse you'd have if you couldn't reach them tomorrow or they simply never followed through with the promises made). Forget any protection from a credit or debit card. They have things set up so what you are promised meets the minimum requirements to assure they, not you, get paid.

DO NOT try to use them or you will be out whatever money they manage to get from you. THAT is a guarantee you can bank on unlike the meaningless, unenforceable one they are trying to lure you in with.

ADOPT A TIMESHARE!
BUY RESALE!

Proudly Microsoft & Apple free with WebOS, Droid Samsung S4 & Verizon Wireless - DW w/Chromebook

timeos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2011, 07:19 PM   #3
LannyPC
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 5, 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice View Post
I have a timeshare that was givn to me when my mother passed about two years ago. My daughter told me to check out something called Timeshare Cure last week, i just wanted to see if anyone know anything about it. Thanks for any help you can provid.

Janice R.

p.s. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this, thank you all.
With a name like that, it sounds like another Post Card Company (PCC) that promises to "take your timeshare off your hands" for a large upfront fee.

There is no need to pay anyone a large fee to assume ownership of your timeshare. If you simply want to give it away, follow the instructions from this link:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509
LannyPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2011, 07:46 PM   #4
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, 3 X Kauai Beach Villas, Edinburg Residence
Please consider giving it away to a private individual who can use it, before you spend a cent with a company like this. They are going to charge you $2,000 - $3,000 to "take it off your hands" and then lie to you about the tax deduction.

Why?
-You can give it away yourself for nearly no cost.
-You can control the transfer process to make sure it is truly transferred out of your name.
-You won't have to deal with companies that may or may not be Legit.
-You can transfer it to a private individual who will be happy to have it for their own use.
-You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you ended your ownership legally and ethically.

There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
-resort name
-unit size
-season owned
-maintenance fee
-current reservations
To make it more attractive I would:
1) Pay 2011 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple professional transfer for about $100) I've used this licensed document Prep. company and the owner is a Tugger. - Note, this is my personal recommendation, not as a representative of TUG.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2011 for the new owner
Good luck!
Old August 14, 2011, 12:04 PM   #5
Ricci

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 15, 05
Post post card company name change

Timeshare Cure used to be called Transfer America awhile back. It's definitely a post card company.... stay away no matter what they call themselves!
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14, 2011, 12:16 PM   #6
rickandcindy23

TUG Member

Resorts: Wyndham,RCI,Shell, WorldMark,OKW, SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Custom House;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP (lots)
If it's a decent timeshare, you can use it. Everyone vacations. If it's a terrible, crappy timeshare you cannot give away here under Bargain Deals, then contact the resort and see if they will take it back FREE.

Don't pay anyone $2-4K to rid yourself of something someone is going to take at no cost to you.

Timeshares are not the pain in the neck you might think. We love timeshare, apparently. We keep buying and adjusting our ownerships. Maybe you have something I would want! Put it under Bargain Deals here on TUG.

Welcome to TUG, by the way!

April: Marriott's Cypress Harbour
May: Manhattan Club
August: Hilton's Kohala Stes/ Kingsland
rickandcindy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14, 2011, 12:20 PM   #7
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, 3 X Kauai Beach Villas, Edinburg Residence
Please note that this thread is from January...
Old March 20, 2014, 03:35 PM   #8
Tucson Gramma

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 20, 14

Resorts: Wyndham Vacation Resorts
We have been waiting for Timeshare Cure to finish our transfer since 2/27/2011 and have not had any success with them. We continue to receive messages from the company we bought from, Pahio, for our Wyndham timeshare that we owe fees. We will not pay them and continue to send them notices that Timeshare Cure now owns our timeshare. We also were told that they had received a payment with our Visa card that I did not make. I'm not sure if it was Wyndham or Pahio that did this. I do not know how they could have received a visa payment from us when we did not make one after our meeting with Timeshare Cure on 2/27/11. We do feel that we have been scammed by them as we can get no satisfaction either by phone or letter for our situation.

Last edited by Tucson Gramma; March 20, 2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: misspelling
Tucson Gramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2014, 04:01 PM   #9
theo

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 07

Resorts: 4 resorts, 6 weeks and NO MAS!
Don't shoot the messenger, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson Gramma View Post
We have been waiting for Timeshare Cure to finish our transfer since 2/27/2011 and have not had any success with them. We continue to receive messages from the company we bought from, Pahio, for our Wyndham timeshare that we owe fees. We will not pay them and continue to send them notices that Timeshare Cure now owns our timeshare. We also were told that they had received a payment with our Visa card that I did not make. I'm not sure if it was Wyndham or Pahio that did this. I do not know how they could have received a visa payment from us when we did not make one after our meeting with Timeshare Cure on 2/27/11. We do feel that we have been scammed by them as we can get no satisfaction either by phone or letter for our situation.
In regard to your words highlighted in red above, you would be well advised to keep one very important and indisputable fact in mind. Until and unless a valid new deed is officially recorded with the appropriate governmental entity in the name of a new and valid owner, you will remain the legal owner of record in the eyes of the law --- regardless of what you may have paid out to these "Cure" parasites. A new recorded deed (not a payment to an obscure entity) is the legal instrument effecting a lawful transfer of ownership.

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for some (many? most?) of these alleged "Relief / Cure" entities to fail to follow through with completing the preparation and recording of a new and valid deed in the name of a new and valid grantee once they have their "upfront" money firmly in hand. At this point, after three years, I think you already know in your heart that it likely ain't just somehow gonna magically happen now...

If your "upfront fee" back in 2011 was paid to Timeshare Cure by credit card, I would gladly hazard a guess as to who may have called in a payment by phone "on your behalf" using your credit card info. At the very least, you should immediately get that charge disputed and get that card cancelled just as immediately.

Last edited by theo; March 20, 2014 at 04:25 PM.
theo is offline   Reply With Quote