Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Exchanging

Exchanging Discuss all aspects of exchanging timeshare intervals here, whether through Exchange Companies (RCI, II and Others), or directly with other owners. Please no advertisements which belong elsewhere on TUG. Ads will be deleted.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old January 12, 2011, 03:45 PM   #1
hsmamato2
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 6, 11
Bonnet Creek Orlando questions?

I have a question regarding RCI and exchanging for different resorts- how do you search for a specific resort,say Bonnet Creek? I use points thru RCI,don't know if it makes a difference.... I never ever see it listed when I search by dates,even though I see lots of other places,am I missing something? or do most people pay per night like a hotel?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2011, 04:52 PM   #2
learnalot
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 24, 10

Resorts: Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
I have a question regarding RCI and exchanging for different resorts- how do you search for a specific resort,say Bonnet Creek? I use points thru RCI,don't know if it makes a difference.... I never ever see it listed when I search by dates,even though I see lots of other places,am I missing something? or do most people pay per night like a hotel?
I'm not sure if Bonnet Creek is available on the points side. I don't see it listed on the Nightly Stays list. Most if not all Bonnet Creek deposits will probably be on the Weeks side of RCI, as Wyndham is on the Weeks side. I have never logged in on the points side, so I don't know if it works the same, but on the Weeks side, you would be able to at least see if a resort is part of the system by pulling up the directory. From there you can type in "Bonnet Creek" or whatever you are looking for and hit search. What comes up in the directory doesn't mean that they have any inventory available at the time, only that in theory it is part of their system.
learnalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2011, 05:46 PM   #3
siesta
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 12, 10
can't points owners "raid" the weeks side?
siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2011, 06:44 PM   #4
hsmamato2
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 6, 11
wow-thanks for that info! I had no idea I could look at weeks reservations!
Now, I couldn't find it listed at all,even by resort id # does that mean we simply can't trade in there? WHy,if others in RCI can? how does that work?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2011, 06:58 PM   #5
learnalot
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 24, 10

Resorts: Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
wow-thanks for that info! I had no idea I could look at weeks reservations!
Now, I couldn't find it listed at all,even by resort id # does that mean we simply can't trade in there? WHy,if others in RCI can? how does that work?
Not sure what the problem is because I can't tell where you looked. If you were looking at Weeks inventory and couldn't find it, it probably means there isn't anything available. But you should still definitely be able to find it in the resort directory on the Weeks side. Were you looking in the directory or searching inventory?
learnalot is offline   Reply With Quote