Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting

Buying, Selling, Renting Discuss all aspects of buying, selling and renting timeshares here. No advertising allowed!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old December 20, 2010, 05:07 PM   #1
ada903

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 26, 08

Resorts: Starwood, Marriott, Worldmark
Has anyone heard of Superior Vacations Title Company?

Thinking to bid on eBay on an item listed by a seller with zero feedback, who claims the closing will be handled by Superior Vacations. Has anyone heard of this title company?
ada903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2010, 10:37 PM   #2
theo

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 07

Resorts: 3 resorts, 7 weeks and NO MAS!
Thumbs down Zero feedback, yet calling the shots? Nah......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada903 View Post
Thinking to bid on eBay on an item listed by a seller with zero feedback, who claims the closing will be handled by Superior Vacations. Has anyone heard of this title company?
Never heard of 'em....

With a seller with the zero feedback cited (no known track record whatsoever) I would personally insist upon selecting and using an independent closing company of my choice as buyer. Someone with no selling history at all is hardly in a position to be dictating a particular closing company. That's just nuts...

Payment of closing closts (whether by buyer, by seller or other shared mutual agreement) can be negotiable, but unilateral selection of a closing company by a eBay seller with zero feedback has far more potential for legal and financial mishap than I would personally care to take on. YMMV.
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2010, 10:40 PM   #3
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, Edinburg Residence, 7 x Kauai Beach Villas
A google search shows nothing for them - I'd be very suspicious. Ask for their physical address, website, and business license.

my webpage
DeniseM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2010, 12:25 PM   #4
ada903

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 26, 08

Resorts: Starwood, Marriott, Worldmark
I was looking at his eBay listing for a Royal Sands week 47 annual usage - it went for $3,000. I found them under the BBB with A- rating, and gave the guy a call at the number listed on the eBay ad. He was not very educated in the way he talked e.g. he kept saying "Ya know what I'm sayin mam" - he sounded like a rapper. However that doesn't mean they are not legit, or coming through with the sale, but for me it just did not inspire enough trust to bid on the property.

Last edited by ada903; December 21, 2010 at 12:27 PM.
ada903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2011, 08:09 PM   #5
ran-ran

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 28, 09

Resorts: Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and Vacation Village at Parkway and Quarter House
I just found on eBay that the company selling this timeshare now has a negative rating from the buyer for the sold timeshare in question.

(-) Over 2 weeks since auction end & seller has not returned a single call or email. mwdi ( 431) Jan-05-11 16:29
Royal Sands Annual Ocean View Cancun Timeshare (#120660920751) US $3,001.01 View Item
Old January 6, 2011, 08:17 PM   #6
norm
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
Yeah, that was me. Shortly after the auction ended I received an email asking for payment through PayPal. I replied asking for the Royal Resorts contract number and the name of the current owner so I could verify the details before sending payment. That information would be on the sales contract for the new transfer so I wasn't asking for anything out of the ordinary.

I didn't receive any response to my first message sent through eBay, or a follow up email sent directly to the seller's email address. I did speak to somebody at the "closing company" and left a message for the seller but never received a return call. The other phone number listed in the auction never answered and the voicemail box was full.
norm is offline   Reply With Quote