• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Got a good mid week trade with points

siberiavol

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to get three or four days in Hilton Head for the week of Heritage Golf tournament using new point program I didn't want or need a whole week. I picked Harbor Point or Sunset Point only because of low point requirements and wanted to use this as a gift. There were no rental days during this period on Marriott's web site for any timeshares.

I had been wait listed since the beginning of program. I got the request filled last night for Wed,Thur and Friday of the week for 350 points. I didn't expect this as I didn't see anyone trading this very high demand weeks into the new system . I am hopeful this means Marriott was able to get a week from an II trade and split the week to fill my request.

It seems pretty clear to me that enrolled owners will be able to have pretty good access to trust properties. I have wondered if they were going to be able to fill any requests for a partial week at the older non trust properties. This was a good start.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to get three or four days in Hilton Head for the week of Heritage Golf tournament using new point program I didn't want or need a whole week. I picked Harbor Point or Sunset Point only because of low point requirements and wanted to use this as a gift. There were no rental days during this period on Marriott's web site for any timeshares.

I had been wait listed since the beginning of program. I got the request filled last night for Wed,Thur and Friday of the week for 350 points. I didn't expect this as I didn't see anyone trading this very high demand weeks into the new system . I am hopeful this means Marriott was able to get a week from an II trade and split the week to fill my request.

It seems pretty clear to me that enrolled owners will be able to have pretty good access to trust properties. I have wondered if they were going to be able to fill any requests for a partial week at the older non trust properties. This was a good start.

Listening to the Golf channel last night, heard that the Heritage next yr is not going to be the week after the Masters, but 2 weeks after.

cbdmvci

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Beachplace Towers
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club
I had been wait listed since the beginning of program. I got the request filled last night for Wed,Thur and Friday of the week

Thanks, Siber. This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for when I started that unsuccessful thread on "DC point reservations success stories."

I want to get a sense of whether enrolled owners are, in fact, getting what they want with DCPoints before I make a final decision on enrolling.

siberiavol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Listening to the Golf channel last night, heard that the Heritage next yr is not going to be the week after the Masters, but 2 weeks after.

Thanks for the heads up. I just canceled my reservations. As an aside the VOA said they have had many wait listed properties confirmed in last couple of weeks. The wait time to talk to VOA has also shortened. East coast lunch times and drive times seems to be the busiest for the VOA.

scpoidog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina
cancellation cost?

Thanks for the heads up. I just canceled my reservations. As an aside the VOA said they have had many wait listed properties confirmed in last couple of weeks. The wait time to talk to VOA has also shortened. East coast lunch times and drive times seems to be the busiest for the VOA.

Were you able to cancel without any repercussions or cost. If you booked and cancelled in II, would there have been any fees or penalties?

siberiavol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were you able to cancel without any repercussions or cost. If you booked and cancelled in II, would there have been any fees or penalties?

There are no fees in either case from my understanding. I think that is a very big plus that is not being discussed much. I know for sure there are no fees for canceling points.

hotcoffee

TUG Member
Reaction score
. . . As an aside the VOA said they have had many wait listed properties confirmed in last couple of weeks. The wait time to talk to VOA has also shortened. East coast lunch times and drive times seems to be the busiest for the VOA.

That is good news. That is the kind of information we need to see posted. I have been wondering how well the waitlisters are doing. My points salesman had previously told me that Marriott has an organization devoted to moving inventory around to satisfy waitlist requests. I would love to know where the inventory for those confirmations actually came from.

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
My points salesman had previously told me that Marriott has an organization devoted to moving inventory around to satisfy waitlist requests. I would love to know where the inventory for those confirmations actually came from.

I attended an information session last week at Ocean Pointe that was specifically geared toward the new DC Club and how it pertains to Trust AND Legacy owners. Since only 5 people attended, it was basically a short presentation during which the 5 of us interrupted often and asked MANY questions.

The manager who was running the session was VERY knowledgeable (he is actually in charge of training for the DC Club) and seemed very honest and forthright with his answers. (Some of the answers were not exactly what everyone wanted to hear.) This manager said the same as hotcoffee quoted above - that there will be a full department devoted only to moving the inventory around. He also said that Marriott will not leave units empty - they will move the inventory into all 3 areas - trust points, legacy points, and even deposit some into II. I wholeheartedly believe that claim.

However, since all of this will be maintained by a Marriott employee base, I am not naive enough to believe it will be evenly distributed throughout the 3 venues. I am sure owners of trust points will get first dibs on the inventory, even if some of those points being used are from legacy weeks. For instance, "Mary" has purchased trust points and "Lee" has not. They both put in identical requests. Even though "Mary" will be using some (or all) of her legacy points for the exchange, I really think that she will get the request filled before "Lee" b/c she also owns trust points and he doesn't. No verification of this - just how I (personally) think that it will play out.

On a side note: In a resort that was almost filled to capacity. And many were owners on their time or owners exchanging back in. I can't believe that more people didn't attend the information session. It was only an hour out of my vacation time - I went in my wet bathing suit with a coverup over it - but was soooo worth it.