• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hopeful....

bm408

TUG Member
Reaction score
ooops - in case it isn't obvious... I was the winner of that auction.

bosco0633

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree I don't see that passing unless the company is dirty and lies about the buying price. But way to low

spikemike007

Reaction score
Hopeful

Yes you will get it. Prices have skidded. I have picked up I-Drive and LV strip in the last two months at slightly higher price. Both were gold 2BR. So many resales, HGVC can't sell what they have, why would they buy more.

Last edited:

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Except Hawaii, Hilton is not building anywhere else. Therefore, they have been buying more contracts than other developers to resell.

You will be surprised how many people will still pay $18000 for this ownership after a sales presentation with about $2K worth of incentives to lure them in.

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
i think the answer is, no one will know until you get an answer. There have been some low sales that have passed and platinum weeks are much more likely, in my humble (and limited) experience to get grabbed by Hilton. In the spectrum of use versus fees, Hilton loses more over the long term on Platinum weeks since the MF for both weeks are the same.

My two cents,
Paul

bm408

TUG Member
Reaction score
i think the answer is, no one will know until you get an answer. There have been some low sales that have passed and platinum weeks are much more likely, in my humble (and limited) experience to get grabbed by Hilton. In the spectrum of use versus fees, Hilton loses more over the long term on Platinum weeks since the MF for both weeks are the same.

My two cents,
Paul

well, hopefully since this is gold it will squeak through, I would have bid higher, so if it doesn't Seth may get another buyer ;)

thanks all for the responses!

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Hope you get it. I think you will.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked and it doesn't show what the price was.. ?

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I have gathered data, Hilton has been much less aggressive exercising ROFR on gold/silver/bronze seasons. If I were a betting man, I would say it passed.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
[outdated]

Last edited:

bm408

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry all - the deed was recorded - I'm supposed to receive my copy of the ROFR waiver this week.... so I'll update everyone soon!

bm408

TUG Member
Reaction score
yay! Got the rofr waiver today! Along with estoppel and recorded deed!! :cheer:

Socko33

Reaction score
WOW! That's amazing! When I bought 5000 points in Vegas in September 2008, I paid $5000.

What a great deal; I'm jealous!

Congrats!

bm408

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! We're thrilled! I know it's not as high a value as a platinum week - but, at the price we got - who can resist? ;)