• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Elite Status Denied

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Without any issue or fuss Member services put me back as Elite Status this morning. I don't know if they looked up my contract, which I have that states "Qualifies for Elite Status" as a condition of the contract.

MS Rep did say that they have added some automation that checks and resets Status levels automatically. She did say that she set my status to locked, which means the system can not override automatically again.

That was easy. I was ready to battle, armed with my contract, but they just look care of it in under 10 minutues, with them putting me on hold and checking everything out. They did state yesterday that they do have all contracts online, so it should have been easy to look up if they do.

So at least my Elite status is BACK!

Last edited:

jnjn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats good news!! I guess this is a good lesson for anyone thinking about shelling out the big bucks to become Elite. Better make sure that it is part of the contract. I doubt I would ever do it but is would be nice to be Elite!!

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Sandy:

Good for you!!! :cheer:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
.... and my purchase to receive Elite was a resale unit. I already owned BC and converted it to points.

hvacrsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blame it on the computer!

That seems to be the easy way out these days, I am glad they took care of it for you anyways!

Good job!

rjp123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although I am not Elite, I am glad I have (just recently) purchased HGVC.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Although I am not Elite, I am glad I have (just recently) purchased HGVC.

Did they forget to mention that new members are required to do a dramatic reading from the Members Guide?
Don't worry, we can schedule that for later. ;)

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Did they forget to mention that new members are required to do a dramatic reading from the Members Guide?
Hey, I haven't had to do mine yet! When should I schedule the podcast? :D

Kurt

rjp123

TUG Member
Reaction score

I read it 3 times before even buying (I even went through it with my SO as a sanity check). Reviewing it sealed the HGVC deal. ;)

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder what the OP Norm151 result's are? Did you get your status back?

JonathanIT

TUG Member
Reaction score
So at least my Elite status is BACK!
Very good news indeed! I'm glad this was just an "error" and not a policy change, it would reflect terribly on HGVC if they started breaking promises like this and yanking status, IMHO.

I am just a "basic" Elite member right now, and I plan to eventually add some more points buying resale. But it has always been in the back of my mind that I might someday want to upgrade to Elite Premier and approach HGVC with my combination of resale and Elite points and see what kind of deal they would offer if I were to buy from them again. I know they make these offers frequently to many owners and their reputation would have gone out the window if they reneged in such a devious way. I for one would never consider buying from them again. And I know many here already feel that way, but I happen to be a potential future customer!

Congrats on being Elite again! :cheer: