• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please post your great exchanges here - current exchanges only please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be interested in knowing what trades other Tuggers accepted. We see alot of sightings but that is somtimes different than what we are willing to trade our deposit for.

I just traded a 5/2009 2 bedroom deposit from Resort on Cocoa Beach for a 2 bedroom Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta 2/2011 and a 5/2010 2 bedroom deposit from Resort on Cocoa Beach for a 1 bedroom at Buganvillias Puerta Vallarta 2/2011.

Traded thru RCI
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in knowing what trades other Tuggers accepted. We see alot of sightings but that is somtimes different than what we are willing to trade our deposit for.

I just traded a 5/2009 2 bedroom deposit from Resort on Cocoa Beach for a 2 bedroom Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta 2/2011 and a 5/2010 2 bedroom deposit from Resort on Cocoa Beach for a 1 bedroom at Buganvillias Puerta Vallarta 2/2011.

Traded thru RCI
Dave

I think that's a great idea. A lot of the best weeks are probably scooped up by ongoing searches. What shows up here is the 'leftovers'. I think we'd get a more full picture of inventory / trade power if we also had a sub-forum for accepted trades.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Since this is about exchanges I'm going to move it to the Exchanging Forum. I doubt there is ever going to be enough demand for a sub-forum but the a moderator 'may' make this a Master Thread for completed exchanges if there are enough posts & interest.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I can "stick" a thread at the top of the board with the title, "Please post your great exchanges, here." Will that work?

BTW - I would suggest that we make it current exchanges only, since information about exchanges very far in the past isn't really useful.

However, my guess is that the cagiest traders aren't going to post their best trades, because they may not want to give away their "tricks of the trade."

Last edited:

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think a sticky would be a good idea.

Dave

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a nice idea. The greatest trade in the forty-eighty U.S. states have been to the Marriott's Ocean Pointe, West Palm,FL and the Marriott's Grande Ocean, Hilton Head Island,SC. We had ocean front villas on both exchanges.

markbernstein

TUG Member
Reaction score
We deposited a Gold week at Marriott Oceana Palms and a Gold week at Marriott Desert Springs (both 2 bedroom, both in May of 2010). Starting January 2nd, we'll be spending a week at Marriott Kauai Beach Club, followed by a week at Marriott Maui Ocean Club (both 1 bedroom, but it's just the two of us this time).

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Good Idea

But I think we need to designate which exchange company was used and include that in the header, e.g. RCI, II, DAE, SFX...

Since RCI, and occasionally DAE, are the 2 I use, I prefer not to wade thru posts that don't apply. Seeing all those Marriot trades done thru II turns me a tad green with envy...

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Myrtle Beach for Aruba

Deposited with RCI July 4th Myrtle Beach Week (2 bed and hotel unit lockout) 2 years out, and exchanged for Aruba first two weeks of Dec 2010 Costa Linda 2 bed, and Casa Del Mar 1 bed.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
traded through II

I traded to 2BR Marriott Barony Beach Club, HHI, SC during spring break of 2010 with my 10,000 worldmark points.
Also traded to 2BR Marriott Fairway Villas, NJ for Aug 7-14, 2010 with my 10,000 worldmark points.
Marriott Fairway Villa was a benefit of "sightings", thank you! :)

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
DAE Miami South Beach and $99 bonus week

I just confirmed a south Florida on the beach trade request for a January 2010 1 bedroom at Westgate South Beach. I traded my 2 bedroom September 2010 week at Oakmont in Pigeon Forge TN. I also got a $99 bonus week because of the current DAE promotion for 2010 weeks.

Fletcher921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
I was thrilled to deposit an expired 2008 Studio week at Los Abrigados. ILX actually deposited a studio at Varsity Clubs of America-Tucson Chapter
VTY for us to trade with since we had to do a last minute cancel.

We traded for a 3 bedroom at the Marriot Marbella in Spain for our college student. Yeah baby!

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thrilled to deposit an expired 2008 Studio week at Los Abrigados. ILX actually deposited a studio at Varsity Clubs of America-Tucson Chapter
VTY for us to trade with since we had to do a last minute cancel.

We traded for a 3 bedroom at the Marriot Marbella in Spain for our college student. Yeah baby!

You mean that they gave you a 3 bdr. Marbella for your Varsity studio ? Unbelievable ! We stayed there three years ago. There must be a secret deal somewhere ! What dates did you get at Marbella ?

K.

dundey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
I was able to recently get a Disney Saratoga Springs 1 BR unit for next summer!!
:)

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Trading Places Maui: Got a 2 BR Maui Hill, Feb 14 - 21, 2010, using a 2 BR Calini Beach Club Nov. week.( Got trade in Aug. 2009)

Trading Places: Got a 2 BR Maui Schooner, Feb 7 - 14, 2010, using a 2 BR Calini Beach Club Dec. week. (Got trade last week!)

Fletcher921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
You mean that they gave you a 3 bdr. Marbella for your Varsity studio ? Unbelievable ! We stayed there three years ago. There must be a secret deal somewhere ! What dates did you get at Marbella ?

K.

January 2-9, 2010
Yup - 3 bedroom for the studio - incredible huh!
It's at the tail end of his semester abroad in Amsterdam. Not beach weather but should be good for sightseeing and relaxing after new years in Barcelona.

Minnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We exchange primarily thru II using Diamond points. We just got back from a trade thru "The Club". Spent a wonderful week in a 2BR Loft unit overlooking the Pacific at Otter Crest, Oregon.

Next up (II trades): Highlands Inn, Carmel, CA and Marriott's Newport Coast Villas in Newport, CA.

Last edited:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
ownertrades.com 2 bed gold aruba for 2 bed plat newport coast

SFX 1 bed Jan Bay Club for 2 bed July 4th weekend Grand Mayan.

Last edited by a moderator:

legalls

TUG Member
Reaction score
I traded a 28K Wyndham blue studio deposit for a 3 bedroom at Dolphins Cove in Anaheim during Easter week next year.

Rick

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
With which company?

I was able to recently get a Disney Saratoga Springs 1 BR unit for next summer!!
:)
and what did you trade with?

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Wyndham blue studios

I traded a 28K Wyndham blue studio deposit for a 3 bedroom at Dolphins Cove in Anaheim during Easter week next year.

Rick

Amazing that you got the Easter week!

RCI trades: We are now at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 1 BD from a 28K deposit and next week at HGVC Sea World, 2 BD for a 28K deposit. Of course, this is October!

dundey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
It was an RCI trade with South African (Glenmore Sands) Peak week.
Yes, a very lucky trade!

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
II: selected a spring break 2010, 3bd Star Island Resort & Club(from sightings...thanks Twinkstarr); using my 2bd, June 2010, WI Dells unit.