• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beware of Vallarta Gardens (2014)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We want our money back because we feel defrauded and dissapointed. If somebody know how to help us, please let me know.

DON'T GO TO VALLARTA GARDENS!!:mad::mad:

Contact Profeco, the Mexican consumer protection agency at this website.

Last edited:

melissaj

Banned
Reaction score
Past Feburary, we were in Vallarta having a great vacation when we were invited to a timeshare presentation at Vallarta Gardens; we were offered a membership there with "great benefits". They offered that we could trade our weeks for airfair, activities, rental cars, etc. We could not even had the chance to use the membership because when we got back home we recieved an e-mail informing us that our membership would be cancelled because Vallarta Gardens didn't pay for our affiliation.
We have contacted Vallarta Gardens and they were saying in a very rude way that they don't know anything. We have tried to contact them again but they don't even respond.
We want our money back because we feel defrauded and dissapointed. If somebody know how to help us, please let me know.

DON'T GO TO VALLARTA GARDENS!!:mad::mad:

Did you contact the resort or a timeshare cancellation company?

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you contact...a timeshare cancellation company?

What's a timeshare cancellation company going to do? Wave a magic wand and make the timeshare disappear into thin air?

One doesn't need a cancellation company (whatever that is). All you need to do is follow the rescission instructions that come with the package. :rolleyes:

melissaj

Banned
Reaction score
What's a timeshare cancellation company going to do? Wave a magic wand and make the timeshare disappear into thin air?

I speak from my experience. I used to have a timeshare that I want out. I read my contract very carefully and found out the clause about the cancellation. I wrote a timeshare cancellation letter, sent it to the resort. I followed all the instructions stipulated in my contract and the resort didn't do nothing. Also I contacted PROFECO, but I was out of my period of 5 days, and they couldn't do nothing for me. So I contacted this company that helped me cancel my timeshare. And since then, I have no strings attached to the resort, and I do not owe anything.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I speak from my experience.
How come you say you are located in the United States but you are posting from Mexico? If you plan on next posting the name or contact info for this company that supposedly got you out of your timeshare ownership, don't bother. Advertising is not permitted in this forum.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I contacted this company that helped me cancel my timeshare.

Maybe we're splitting hairs here but this company did not cancel your timeshare. The timeshare is still there. It might have a different owner but it is still there. What this company probably did for you was find another owner to take over or somehow convince the resort to take ownership back, but it did not cancel.

That's why I previously asked about a timeshare cancellation company. That is a serious misnomer.

Thomas55972

Reaction score
The key is to go to your credit card company and they will walk you through what you need you need to do. There are a lot of good posts on redweek detailing the actions that people have taken to get there money back. We were also scammed by them and after we presented all of our evidence the cc company ruled in our favor. Vallarta Gardens didn't even bother responding. They use bogus marketing companies to entice people to sign their contract and then tell people company has folded or they are no longer affiliated with them. The company they used on us and all companies they have used thus are are fictitious. The one they used on us had an address that was a vacant lot. When I questioned them on it they shut down the "company's" website. Gather all info you can on this scam and give info to your cc company

taffy19

Reaction score
I would also send a link to this thread so the CC Company can read it and see how many other people are told the same lies and the tricks they play with bogus companies, etc.

It may help your case and the next victim too.

mcgugant1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vallarta Gardens - Still be aware

They continue to play games.

We bought and cancelled within three days in February 2015.

Signed the cancellation papers and left the island and were told we would be repaid within a month.

Turns out they lost our cancellation and never happened to include that in our papers.

A year of going thru Perfecto was the only way we saw our money come back.

They will try to offer you half or other things, stick with the Mexican law (Perfecto) and get it all back eventually.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They continue to play games.

We bought and cancelled within three days in February 2015.

Signed the cancellation papers and left the island and were told we would be repaid within a month.

Turns out they lost our cancellation and never happened to include that in our papers.

A year of going thru Perfecto was the only way we saw our money come back.

They will try to offer you half or other things, stick with the Mexican law (Perfecto) and get it all back eventually.

They didn't lose anything. They tried to defraud you. Glad PROFECO was able to help. Just in case someone has been taken by a timeshare sales fraud, here's the contact info for PROFECO, the Mexican Consumer Affairs office that deals with timeshares:

The Profeco has a dedicated office to assist non-Mexicans who are already outside the country, the Conciliation a Extranjeros. You can reach them by email at extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx or by phone at one of the following numbers:
(0155) 52 11 17 23,
(0155) 56 25 67 00,
(01 800) 46 88 722

Last edited:

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
update on Vallarta Gardens

In my original postings, I said Vallarta Gardens refunded $20,000 deposit to my credit card but that I had cancelled the card and blocked the payment. I failed to post that the credit card company had reversed that payment from Vallarta Gardens since they did not owe it to me.
In July, I got a call from Vallarta Gardens demanding their $20,000. I told them that the amount was reversed but they had no record of it. I just got an email from a collection agent demanding payment on a loan. Issue had been resolved via Profeco in summer of 2014.
This site is being monitored by Vallarta Gardens so I am only posting here to notify them that I do not have their money and do not owe them any money.

Pokerbabe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vallarta Gardens nightmare

I have not been as fortunate as some with regard to my experience in purchasing fractional ownership at Vallarta Gardens. These folks are the most unscrupulous group of scam artists I have ever come across! During the presentation you are guaranteed that they will execute sales of other timeshares you own to offset the cost of their timeshare. Michael Gordon, their sales director assured me at the presentation and through a series of emails that this was the case. I am later told by Daniel in their finance department and Alec Fernandez (who is no longer an employee) that the developer who owns the property has no control over what sales people say and it's my greed that made me make the purchase! Daniel yesterday informs me that they are a legal entity in the US and a collection agency is going to pursue me! Does anyone have any information as the where they operate from in the US?? I was a fool to believe them however I hope that no one else gets duped into their nefarious business practices!!

tornelas

Reaction score
Vallarta Gardens scamed me and I dont know what to do

I just found out that all the money we paid was not to buy a time share with Vayarta Gardens. They sold me a service like expedia. I am in Nayarit trying to at least get the weeks they told me I was buying. I am making a complaing with PROFECO but I need more information on them. The documents I have are a joke. I spent all this time waiting for the supposed real documents. I need help. If anyone can help me with any information on them I really appreciate it. I though I was getting something nice for my family and instead I just lost all of our savings.

sammyvelvet

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa De Palmar
We got scammed into it early this year. We were making the purchase along with my friend and his wife. The part that sold us was their promise to sell off our existing time shares AT A PROFIT . Then they ran the annuity scam which would get us ALL of our money back in 5 years. Then they kept throwing extra weeks at us that we would not even have to pay for unless we used them ( at 1200 US dollars a week ). Then they said not to worry about paying for the weeks because they would rent them out at $3000 each so we would net over 12,000.00 US dollars a year ... OK can we say how STOOOOOOPID we were. So we pulled the trigger because the resort was beautiful and the terms and conditions they gave us were amazing ... LOL .. yah amazingly impossible . Well when we left the resort I started looking into this place and all of the third party entities they used for the annuity and resale. Well come to find out that they use these third parties ( who charge you a fee ) for a period of a year or so and then they go out of business. The Annuity is even worse the proposal they send you is a bad cut and paste document with multiple misspellings and errors. It's one page and out of date address and dead phone number. But they send you an email telling you to make sure you make the payment to a different entity so that the money will not be mistakenly sent to your account.
So after pointing all this out to the other 3 involved I was finally able to convince them to "Rescind" the contract. Now the real work started. I tried to connect with Vallarta Gardens to return the contracts and items to them as per the terms of the rescission. They would not answer. The one time they did I was put on hold and cut off. So I went to the post office and sent a certified letter to them and had it notarized to confirm the date we chose to execute our right to rescind ( While we were still there ). I made multiple attempts to contact them to no avail. So we actually drove from Old Vallarta to Vallarta Gardens to drop off a copy of the rescission and the contracts. The guard at the gate would not allow us onto the property and said we needed to have an appt to enter. We asked him to call and ask for the sales office to have someone assist us. He did call from the gate and said NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE TO HELP US and told us we had to leave or he would have to call the Police as we were now trespassing. So we left.
I got on the phone with my Visa and had them dispute the deposit. Visa also informed me that they have a 14 Day right to recession on Time Share purchases. So I put that in place. But I also had done what was requested and tried to return the contracts but they made it impossible. I provided all of my documentation and contract copies to Visa. I also contacted PROFECO and did my complaint app to them. Of course when Vallarta Gardens got the request to refund my money to Visa I got a phone call and emails from VG. They were not pleased and said I should just be done with my efforts as they will not give back the money. Well long story short I did get ALL of my money back. Once I got back to the US I again sent registered letters and cancellation of contract letters to VG, the third party who was supposed to sell our Time Shares and was totally unable to get hold of the Annuity service who sent me an email requesting payment to them which I ignored.
It will take you a good amount of effort but if you find yourself in this predicament do this for yourself.

1. While you are there Look up ANY COMPLAINTS about the resort / timeshare you are at and ask them to explain why the complaint.
2. Tell them you want to record the conversation. If they say NO then say thank you and leave. If they have nothing to hide then they should have no issue with that .
3. Ask for Business Cards with their PRINTED names and all contacts on them.
4. Ask the sales person for their ID as they now have yours. So you can verify who they are for real.
5. DO NOT RELINQUISH YOUR CREDIT CARD. DO NOT LET IT OUT OF YOUR SIGHT. YOU CAN SHOW IT TO THEM BUT DONT GIVE IT UP.
6. GO OVER AND OVER AND OVER HOW TO RESCIND YOUR CONTRACT IF YOU DECIDE TO DO SO AND BY WHAT DATE IS THE LAST DATE U CAN DO SO.
The time share sales person is just that .. they are not your friend .. they do not care about your dog or your kids or your family. THEY ARE THERE TO MAKE A COMMISSION and sell you a product. It is YOUR money so keep control of it. and trust me ... " If it sounds too good to be true ... IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE" ... LESSON learned here.
PS: on another time share presentation we went to the price started at $56,000 US Dollars... by the time we were almost out the door they hit us with $2600 US for the exact same thing. We said NO THANK YOU.They need YOUR money YOU dont need them. Only buy a time share if you are going to USE it all the time.

Last edited:

dice934

Reaction score
As a moderator she has access to IP addresses, as a person who frequents many forums....a person with no post history is generally a troll or in this case a person with vested interest.

dice934

Reaction score
Ok so we went to a time share presentation here, they call it fractional ownership. We got 6000 peso for attending breakfast and we were out of there in a hour. I pulled out my cell phone and stated I was going to recorded the conversation and the person slammed the lap top closed and we went to the room to await our money. It arrived in 5 minutes and we were off. The sales rep ate breakfast with us and he requested that we pay the tip?? We did so but it was then that I knew that I was not willing to even play the game....hence the can I record this.

GERUM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VALLARTA GARDENS MEXICO
My wife and I purchased a fractional ownership in Vallarta Gardens back in 2012, they promised us an income of the weeks we were not going to use, but we used all four weeks in 2013, 2014, 2015 in exchanges with Registry Collection exchange company, my God, what a great places in that catalogue.

It was not till 2016 were we did not use all 4 weeks, we called the company they told us to call and, we deposit the 2 weeks of Vallarta Gardens we were not using with them early in January, and we did in fact get the rental income money by February, it was not a fortune, but… we were able to use that money for spending cash…

The villas and the entire place at Vallarta Gardens are very gorgeous; the service was pleasant, immediate response in the issues that arouse in the place, we went fishing and the fishing boat came to pick us up right in the beach of the property, and brought us right back to the property a few hours later, we had the next day one of the chefs grill the fish in our privet patio next to our privet pool and it was glorious… One more thing… I am not a millionaire by any stretch of imagination, but… when you have a privet chef cooking for you in a million dollar villa… My God… It sure atmospheres like if I was.

I just have to tell you people, we are very happy with our fractional at Vallarta Gardens…

One More Thing… In 2015 Exchanging with Registry Collection we land a two bedroom villa in Cabo San Lucas Mexico in a magnificent resort Called ¨Monte Cristo¨ and we attended a sales presentation, the prices there for the exact same fraction we got at Vallarta Gardens was outrageous. We got to appreciate the more what we got and the moneys we payed

We Are Going To Use the entire 4 weeks this 2017 during winter right back at Vallarta Gardens, we really love it there.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Color me skeptical^^^^^^^

GERUM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VALLARTA GARDENS MEXICO
They offered us $5,000 pesos to show up to the presentation at Vallarta Gardens, we loved it, we purchased it, we use it…

The Last Time We Were There, we were surprised by the high level of guest around the gardens and beach, lovely high-end people…

the exchange company call Registry Collection is INCREDIBLE, the options are the best in the world, we did RCI for long time as we are a timeshare users since 1985 and, we only used RCI to exchange, the resorts in RCI are nice but, there is no way you can compare with the luxury of the resorts of Registry Collection…

The problem with your colors of skepticism Sir lays in the truth that you need $45,000 USD to get in this level Sir, however Sir, I respect your colors…

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I purchased a fractional ownership in Vallarta Gardens back in 2012, they promised us an income of the weeks we were not going to use, but we used all four weeks in 2013, 2014, 2015 in exchanges with Registry Collection exchange company, my God, what a great places in that catalogue.

It was not till 2016 were we did not use all 4 weeks, we called the company they told us to call and, we deposit the 2 weeks of Vallarta Gardens we were not using with them early in January, and we did in fact get the rental income money by February, it was not a fortune, but… we were able to use that money for spending cash…

The villas and the entire place at Vallarta Gardens are very gorgeous; the service was pleasant, immediate response in the issues that arouse in the place, we went fishing and the fishing boat came to pick us up right in the beach of the property, and brought us right back to the property a few hours later, we had the next day one of the chefs grill the fish in our privet patio next to our privet pool and it was glorious… One more thing… I am not a millionaire by any stretch of imagination, but… when you have a privet chef cooking for you in a million dollar villa… My God… It sure atmospheres like if I was.

I just have to tell you people, we are very happy with our fractional at Vallarta Gardens…

One More Thing… In 2015 Exchanging with Registry Collection we land a two bedroom villa in Cabo San Lucas Mexico in a magnificent resort Called ¨Monte Cristo¨ and we attended a sales presentation, the prices there for the exact same fraction we got at Vallarta Gardens was outrageous. We got to appreciate the more what we got and the moneys we payed

We Are Going To Use the entire 4 weeks this 2017 during winter right back at Vallarta Gardens, we really love it there.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

GERUM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VALLARTA GARDENS MEXICO
Reading all the posts in here, one thing came to my attention, is all negative…

I wander about all the people that are happy and satisfied with their purchased at Vallarta Gardens?

¨THE SALESMAN IS NOT YOUR FRIEND… BLA BLA BLA¨

well… of course is not, he is there selling his product, we never knew again from the gentleman that sold us the product, not that I wanted, why?

My wife and I got friends with another couple there by one of the pools; the lady was a plastic surgeon and the man own and asphalt company in Illinois, we still in contact with them.

Are we the only ones with good things to say about Vallarta Gardens?

Our first Timeshare we got was back in 1985 in Florida, we collected 6 timeshares contracts over the years, we are very happy to tell you that we have nothing but lovely experiences everywhere we have visited… (well… almost)

Sir, I have a question for you:

Have you ever lodge yourself and your family in a million dollar vacation privet villa?

You should try Sir… is rather stunning.!!